I'll follow your voice.

07

They moved into a private chamber, one that clouds rolled underneath the door, the threshold taller than them combined. Roxanne turned, taking everything in. “You want to harness my powers in such a beautiful room?” she looked to him, “Seriously?”

His head tilted at her, almost embarrassed at her question. “We are not sparring. We are finding an inner peace to tame your power, if you have found it in the time we spend together; then we shall spar.”

She looked at him as if he was mad. “You want me to what, meditate?”

He pushed her down on her rear, sitting across from her. “You do know what meditation is?” he crossed his long legs, placing his hands in the stereotyped position. He peered at her, his eyes telling her she should do the same.

“Uhm, yeah, see I’m not exposing my dairy air to the entire world just for a little meditation.”

“You don’t have to worry about me expecting what you call your dairy air, I’m not interested.”

Roxanne winced slightly, but smiled, crossing her legs, pulling the skirt of her dress down just in case. “Way to spare my feelings there tough boy. So what do we do now? The little hum thing?”

“Close your eyes, and clear your mind. Feel the fire burning inside you.”

Shuffling slightly, she did as told. Silence wasn’t her strongest point, making it hard to concentrate and let go. But it did come to her, eventually. It was small at first, a little flicker of a flame in her soul. She had it though; and planned to keep it. Breathing out deeply, her mind reaching out to its limits, it burst into a sudden wildfire. It caught her off guard, causing her concentration to break. A frustrated sigh brushed past her lips, her eyebrows furrowing.

“Don’t get frustrated Roxanne, just find your peace again.” James’s voice was so soothing, tranquil in her ears.

Despite her unwanted appetite to be doing this, she focused again. It was easier to find this time, knowing that she had just been down that path. Bringing it about again, Roxanne let the warm and inviting fire into her soul. It was easy now, the feeling running through her veins, flushing heat through her body. Sweat beaded at her forehead, longing not to lose her precious fire once more. The fire exploded, from within her and the position she was in physically. Having her eyes fly open, she saw that the entire room was indeed; on fire. Roxanne’s eyes widened largely, scampering to her feet.

“I told you this would happen!” she cried over the fire that licked her skin, but left no remnants.

“No, this is perfect!” James cried, laughing a little shrilly. Water splayed out of his wands, dancing among the fire, smoke rising from the collaboration.

“How?”

“Because,” he started, water casting over the high flames, smothering them. “It means you’ve finally taken full strain of your powers; you and the element fire are now one.”

Roxanne held out her hand, a whip of fire dancing around her hand; not touching it. It just moved around her arm shooting out in odd angles, twirling around her. In awe and absolute adoration, she looked to James. “This is what it’s like?”

“Having control over your powers? Yes, it is like that.”

All of a sudden water extinguished the fire lapping around her. Looking on at him with anger in her eyes, she narrowed them. “So eager to spar James?”

He smiled a little arrogance on his face. “It’s been awhile since I’ve seen a fire spirit worth sparring with.”

Cockiness spread through Roxanne, fire rolling around between her hands, looking at the water spirit in front of her. “Is that so?”

His body transformed, much like the figurines in her dream before. His torso was left nude, to reveal a defined body. His shorts were knee length, torn at the edges. They were a crystal blue. Wide wings of water expanded over his broad shoulders, even the flesh he bore a tint of blue. Roxanne raised a skeptical eyebrow; how was she to do that?

“You are in control of your powers, call on it.”

Nodding her head slightly, she did so. It was there, so alive in her stomach. With an inhalation, it came to her, engulfing her in beautiful flames. She felt the heat mold the clothing onto her body, the curvatures of the bodice, skirt, and boots hugging her beautifully. Her wings shot from her back, the fire warming her skin. Once she had finally gotten used to the feeling, she moved her body which and every way, inspecting every angle. Was this really her? There was no way she had gone from teenaged body girl, with wild over the top hair, and definitely some areas for toning; to this fiery goddess. Roxanne also caught the look in James eye when he saw the complete transformation.

“What? I thought you were gay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
lmfao, so much fun.