I'll follow your voice.

08

James blushed indiscreetly, causing a wicked smirk to tip on her lips. Roxanne said nothing, but instead let the fire coil around her, enticing it in. her eyebrows the color of crimson rising, she sent it out towards James without a second warning. Smoke was still coiling in the room, adding dramatic effect to the setting. Caught off guard by her certain movement, James barely dodged the burst of fire. As it passed him, he sent a wave of water to diminish it, before sending the same wave straight at her. Fire shot from her hands, only to turn to smoke as it made contact. Roxanne’s eyebrows rose, diving out o the way, but not before the water diminished one of her fiery wings. Looking back at it with narrowed eyes, Roxanne willed it to grow back. With bursts and swirls of the hot flame, it did.

He wanted to play rough; she’d give it to him. Willing the fire out, the two elements collaborated to create smoke. This truly was a never ending battle. Water extinguished fire; but fire just kept on coming despite being turned down. Frowning in frustration, she lost track of James. The smoke was growing more abundant, swirling around her knees. Roxanne’s eyes traveled around the encased room, searching. Out of nowhere, something wet and hard hit her in the back; her fiery wings ruined. The forced had sent her onto her knees, soaking her entire body. This wasn’t enjoyable. Concentrating, reborn wings sprouted from the bare of her back, as Roxanne narrowed her eyes playfully.

“What is this like your favorite position?” she snickered, flames running from her hands to circle around James. They rose to form a wall that touched to the ceiling, Roxanne peering on in awe. This was really happening.

“Position? I thought I was gay.” His form looked like water as he stepped through the burning wall. “Remember?”

Out of nowhere, a sudden ball of water slammed into her, rushing up to meet the wall her back connected with. Roxanne wasn’t stupid, she knew just how to wrap little James into her coy plan. Her head slumped on the floor, her body relaxing in every muscle. It appeared as if she had been knocked unconscious. She heard the fall of his footsteps, biting her tongue so she didn’t smile. James crouched down, nudging her slightly.

“Roxanne?” he nudged her softly again. “Roxanne come on this isn’t funny.” His hands slipped under her, making his mistake.

Fire engulfed them both, but James was one quick to react. Water instantly doused the fiery pit, soaking them both.

“Cute trick, like it hasn’t been pulled before,” James said, rocking back on his heels. “I think you were just testing my testosterone to see if I’d take advantage of your dire state.” He smirked, an eyebrow rising.

“Testing your testosterone level? Please, a gay guy wouldn’t ask that. So you were obviously going to try something in my so called dire state.” Roxanne stood, prodding him on the forehead. “Not that that was my intention, but now I guess it is.”

He chortled, staring after her as she morphed back into the red party dress she had arrived in. “Where do you think you’re going?”

“You said I’ve mastered my powers, so why do I need to stay here longer?”

He disappeared into a puddle of water, sliding up so that there was space between Roxanne and the door; very little space. “You have not mastered your powers, not yet at least. You won’t truly master them unless you’re centuries of years old, as far as I know you’re not.” His hazel eyes sparkling with mischief, his pouty lips looking more and more enticing.

“And how old would you be?”

His eyes searched hers, before laughing to reveal his white teeth. “Old.”

“How old is old?” her face bought itself closer to him by millimeters.

“….Old enough to resist temptation.” His lips pulled down a little bit, the darkened hair of his falling into it.

“Temptation?” Roxanne started, a pout pulling into her own lips. “What temptation could have a gay man have with a woman?”

His eyes trailed on hers. “Many.”

“So you’re saying you’re not gay?” she challenged, smiling coyly.

“God no.” his head moved back to reveal his Adam’s apple.

She hummed, leaning in to pull his head to her level. “Then why resist?”

James turned to her, a suspicious look in his eyes. “Excuse me?”

“You heard me,” she pouted out, trailing a finger on his lips. “Why resist what you want?”

“Sounds like a good idea. I could go for…” he paused, his fingers holding her jaw slightly. “A nice glass of water.” He winked and turned opening the door. “I’m not new to flirting Roxanne, you want to seduce me….find a new way to do it.” He turned out the door.

Roxanne frowned; put followed him back to where they had come from, rejoining the four other girls, a grimace on her face. If anything, she should be wearing a sign that flashed ‘rejected’. Saying nothing and especially not looking at James, she waited for someone to speak.

“Do we go home now?” Valykrie asked.

“You know how too.”

Her eyes shot over to James, he hadn’t taught her this. Apparently, the others had been taught either.

The bald man laughed, pointing to his heart. “It’s in here.”

The girls closed their eyes, letting their elements roam in their bodies. Surely, they were materializing from Utopia. Their bodies were disappearing, almost like they were being erased. When they reopened their eyes, they were back in the bark, mud from Arabella’s water expansion. That had really just happened; they weren’t hallucinating.

“Ohmygod, he really did reject me.” Roxanne whispered, grumbling.