Not Like The Movies

Why

"Cammy, you're nuts." I giggled drunkenly, poking his nose playfully. "Why would I ever date yoooou?" I teased, spitting my tongue out at him.

He chuckled back, pulling me against him. "Because I'm such a hot piece of ass." He said, quoting me from earlier.

I snickered. "Yenlie's so easy to scare." I took another swig of my beer. "So what was that family tradition you were talking about earlier?"

"No sex until marriage." He replied simply, chuckling when he saw my shocked expression. "What?"

"Molly's gettin some toniiiight!" I squealed.

"You're shitfaced." Cameron pointed out, keeping me from falling. I giggled, nodding.

"Can you be sober for a second?" I nodded, standing as straight as I could, not saying anything.

He congratulated the newly weds, then said goodbye to his parents, practically my second parents.

"Bye mommy!" I called after giving his mother a hug and walking away with him.

"That was fun." I giggled, kicking my heels off.

"Feet off the dash, Ro." I saluted him, putting my feet down.

"So Mr. Stud-Man, do your parents know you didn't stick to tradition?" I teased.

"What the heck are you talking about, Ro?"

"Well, you know, that you've..." I sloppily made a rude gesture making him laugh.

"I haven't." I gaped at him.

"You're telling me you've never had sex? But what about all those chicks in high school! You dated Amber Kyle! School whore!" He gave me a sour look. "Sorry. But you can't possibly tell me you never hit that!" He shook his head.

"Never." I scoffed. "What?"

"Oh, nothing....I just find that hard to believe." I shrugged.

"Why's that?" He asked, looking at me interestedly.

"Well, you were the hottest guy in school! Every girl had at least one wet dream about you, and you're telling me, that even though you could've had anyone in your bed, you chose your family's tradition?"

He snorted, nodding. "Yes, I did."

"Damn...."

It was silent for maybe 5 minutes.

"So you really think I'm hot?" He asked, sounding serious.

"Oh yea. Seriously Cam, any girl would be insane not to want you!"

I looked over to see him smirking. "What?"

"You want me?" He teased, winking.

"Ok, let's not over analyze this." I said, spitting my tongue out at him as we pulled into our
driveway.

Yes, we live together, don't judge.

I worked on the door lock, feeling is presence behind me.

"Rogue?" I answered with a quiet 'Hmm?' "Why don't you believe in love? Who broke your heart and turned you into this cynical bitch."

I gaped at him, sniffling playfully. "Did you just call me a bitch?" I gasped.

He rolled his eyes. "C'mon you know what I mean." I nodded.

"No one broke my heart. I never believed in love." I shrugged, opening the door, stepping inside.

"Oh c'mon. Something had to have happened." I nodded, sighing.

"My dad." He raised an eyebrow at me.

"But you never met your dad..."

"Exactly. He was a sperm donor basically. He used my mom for sex, then hit the road once he got it. 9 months later? Me! After that, my mother only had flings. She told me never to fall in love. And I listened. I've never fallen in love."

He raised an eyebrow. "Really? What about all those boys in school you flocked over?" He asked matter-o-factly.

"I wasn't in love. I was in lust. There is no such thing as love." I shrugged.

"Really?" I nodded, putting my jacket on the hook.

I turned, almost jumping when I found myself between the wall and Cameron.

"You've grown up with love. Your mother loves you, my parents love you...I love you." He went silent, his gaze drifting to my lips. "Do you not love us back?"

"Of course I love you all! But it's not the same."

"How?" He challenged, and I suddenly noticed his hands that were resting beside my head, trapping me.

"Because it's a family love. That love that will stop time, and you loose track of reality? It's a fairy tale people tell their children so they don't have to face the cruelty of it all." He looked pained by my words. "Do you know the divorce rate in this hell?" He shook his head. "45% of all marriages end in it."

He shook his head. "Really? And how many people do you know have been divorced?"

I was silent.

"Yeah, your mother dated an asshole and chose to let it ruin her life. That was her choice. But not everyone is like that. There are better people out there!" His voice had slowly escalated

"Like who?!" I snapped.

"Me!"

The air got extremely tense.

"I-I mean, me, my parents.... Mrs. Hanna." I smiled at the name of our Advisory teacher through high school. I loved her. "Do you think any of us would ever betray people we loved? If you would just open up Rogue, you would see the beauty of it all."

"I've got a riddle for you."

"What is it?" I replied dryly, not liking this subject.

"God gave us 2 legs, 2 arms, 2 hands, 2 eyes, 2 ears, and 2 feet, so why do we only have 1 heart?"

I groaned, rolling my eyes. "I don't know Cameron. Why?"

"So that we can find the other one in someone else."

And with that he left me standing in the front hallway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rogue
Cameron

BTW I DON'T BELIEVE ANY OF THE SHIT ROGUE SPEWS!!!! XD it's all lies. :| lol.

and I totally bullshitted that divorce rate. XD