Sequel: We Belong to the Sea
Status: Complete

Look at the Stars, Look How They Shine for You

Everything Will Be Alright

Life. It was full of twists and turns. Back breaking feats and tear evoking events. Things that scared you, angered you, worried you, made you anxious, happy, sad, confused. There were a thousand and one analogies for life. But I didn't really care about what life was like. Because I knew what my life was like.

It was happy. It was undeniably perfect, despite the occasional flaws. Things had been airy, and bright. Like with the extreme events that had happened four months ago, the clouds cleared to reveal a grand sun. It illuminated the days, and bounced off the moon to make the nights glow.

As long and hard of a journey it had been to this point, I wouldn't have changed a thing. Each little bit of drama had only added to the bond that tied me to the important things in life. I didn't exactly know what things would be like in the years to come- but I knew that I would get through things.

I had lost all need to use my powers for destruction. Beckett was gone, along with his kind. The seas belonged to all. Although, I knew from personal experience that that would change someday. I had debated greatly whether I should tell Jack or not, to try and prepare him. But I figured that it would be best for him to be eased into things.

He would whine, complain, and no doubt try to change things. And although I was able to steer Beckett out of the history books, I knew there were some things you couldn't change. Like Jack, for instance. I knew that no matter what was thrown at him, he was still going to be the arrogant, smooth talking jerk. But he was my arrogant, smooth talking jerk.

I tore myself away from the edge of the ship, rotating the scimitar in my grip a few times as I went below deck. Walking up to Will and Scarlett's room, I made sure to knock. Scarlett opened the door, smiling weakly.

"You coming?" I asked.

"I think I'm going to sit this one out." She replied.

"But I want you to come." I whined, causing her to laugh.

"You're starting to sound like Jack, you know." She teased, and I laughed with her.

"You okay?" I asked. She bit her lip, lowering her voice.

"No, I'm expecting." She replied, showing me the baby bump on her stomach. My eyes were frozen wide as I registered what she said.

"Oh my God..." I said quietly, staring at the huge bump. Well, it wasn't exactly huge, but big enough that I should have noticed it before. "Oh my God, Scarlett!" I chirped happily, embracing her carefully. "Does he know!?" I asked as I released her.

"Of course." She laughed, causing me to frown.

"Does Jack know?" I asked.

"No, not yet." She replied. I smiled.

"Good. Because I honestly can't stand being the last one to know." I remarked. "But hey, do you need anything?" I offered.

"Well...I wouldn't mind some company." She said honestly. I smiled.

"I'll be back in a sec." I promised, going above deck to look for the boss. He was talking to the crew, and finished just as I came within earshot. "Sparrow!" I called, just to tick him off.

"Captain," He muttered. "Captain Sparrow. What." He said.

"I'm staying here." I said blankly. His eyebrows squished together.

"Why?" He demanded.

"Because Scar wants my company." I said matter-of-factly, crossing my arms.

"What about me?" He whined, causing me to roll my eyes.

"I can't do much this time anyways, you're going too far inland." I pointed out. "But I want. a share. of the loot." I said sternly, shoving my finger into his chest periodically. He smirked.

"Seems ye have quite a bit 'o convincing to do, considering the fact ye ain't comin' along." He replied, and I rolled my eyes.

"You're such a pig." I mumbled, walking away.

"Only for you." He called back, causing me to smile. I ran into Will once I got below deck.

"Congrats." I smiled honestly.

"You heard?" He asked, and I nodded.

"And saw."

"To be honest, it's quite scary-"

"William, we do have a town to pillage. Does ye mind?" Jack called down, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Tell me all about it when you get back." I offered, and he smiled before ascending the stairs. I continued along till I reached Scar's room, letting myself in. I sat on the edge of the bed beside her.

"Cat...I'm scared." She breathed, lying down and looking over her stomach at me. Hearing it pulled at my heartstrings.

"You're going to be the best mother this world's ever seen, Scar." I promised. "You're kid's going to be pretty fucking lucky."

"Only because she's going to have the best Godmother." Scarlett said quietly.

"What?"

"I want you to be her Godmother." She said, taking me by surprise.

"How do you know it's a girl?" I laughed, tearing up ever so slightly.

"I just...do." She said, staring at the ceiling. Her hand was absent mindedly running up and down her stomach. "I want to name her Sierra. Do you think Will is going to like that?" She asked.

"Sierra's a beautiful name." I assured her.

"Will you take care of her, Cat? When we're gone?" She asked quietly. I blinked back the tears. She was entrusting the life of her child to me. I nodded before I could respond.

"Of course." I breathed.

"Thank you."

Image

"Jesus, how much did you take?" I asked, looking at the vast amount of gold sitting on the deck of the Pearl.

"Was a big place." Jack defended. We were already leaving the town behind as the portions were being divided. Once the job was done each pirate took their share. I took mine and Jack's, putting it in the safe place in his closet.

"Jack, can I speak with you?" Will asked. Jack nodded, his mind elsewhere. I kept within earshot so I could hear this. "Scarlett and I are leaving the Pearl."

"What!?" I cried out.

"Eh?" Jack said, surprised as well. I took a few strides over to where he was standing.

"Why now?" I asked.

"We want the baby to be born on land, Cat." He said, regret in his voice.

"Baby?" Jack asked, still one step behind.

"Yes Jack, Scarlett's pregnant." I said quickly. "Where are you guys going?"

"Port Odessa." He replied. Back where this all started. I laughed inside. "It's just a few miles from here...I was hoping you could let us off there."

"You can't stay a few more months?" I asked sadly.

"Since when was you havin' a baby?" Jack asked, causing Will and I to laugh. "What?" He said childishly.

"Nothing, Jack."

Image

"You best come and visit, Girl." Scarlett said, standing on the head of the plank connected to the dock.

"I'll be back in a few months to see her. I promise." I said, my eyes leaking. I didn't want them to go, I didn't want them to leave. But I did want them to be happy. I sighed, pulling her into as tight as a hug as I could.

"Thank you so much for everything you've done." She whispered.

"You got it, babe." I replied, and mentally slapped myself. That kind of language didn't exist for a few hundred years. Will said his goodbyes to Jack, before coming to me.

"Take care of yourself." He smiled. It ripped me apart inside, Will leaving. He was the first friend I made here, the only one who reminded me intensely of my life in the future. I would miss him with all of my heart. I held him tightly.

"Try not to forget about me." I teased, the words becoming slightly muffled due to my face being pressed against his shoulder. With final parting glances, they left Jack and I on the deck of the Pearl. Any more talking would only make the action of leaving that much harder.

Jack's arm crawled around my waist, and I quietly cried against him. I was over not wanting him to see me cry; it was pointless to hide things from him.

"S'alright, love." He assured. He made things seem so easy; as if everything would truly be alright. In a sense it would, but things were never perfect forever. Like this, for instance.

It hurt me to see them go, but I knew that this was what was right. They needed to have their child on land, away from the unpredictable ocean.

Well, it wasn't entirely unpredictable.