Sequel: We Belong to the Sea
Status: Complete

Look at the Stars, Look How They Shine for You

Epilogue: Well He Doesn't Look A Thing Like Jesus...

"Jack, I swear to God if you touched my stuff again I'm going to shoot you." I growled, ripping apart our bedroom. The sheets were now a crumpled pile, the drawers were all open, the closet was the only thing that remained undisturbed. You only ever opened that death trap if it was dire.

"What did ya lose now?" He said, completely unamused.

"I didn't lose my brush. I just...misplaced it." I replied.

"What the bloody hell do ya need to brush your hair for? We're in the middle of the ocean." He pointed out, receiving a glare from me.

"Because I don't want it to be all tangled. I don't have dreads, Jack." I retorted. "And neither do you, so maybe you should try it every now and again." I teased, receiving a smirk from him. "Can you put down the damn newspaper and help?"

"Have ya checked the bathroom, Cat?" He said, slightly exasperated. I didn't care, this was the best brush ever we were talking about. I wanted it. I realized that I had not in fact checked the bathroom, so I exited the bedroom and walked into the ensuite. Sure enough, it was sitting on the counter. I rolled my eyes, sighing. He knew me too well.

"I win?" He taunted when I came out, hair brushed.

"Shut up, Jack." I grumbled, walking upstairs. I sighed, leaning against the metal railing that trailed around the ship. It was in no way shape or form the Pearl, but it was still pretty freaking huge for two people to live on. We still had the Pearl, of course. We stored it in a marina made especially for tallships. The reality of things was that we couldn't sail it by ourselves, and having to get a new crew every 50 years or so would have been quite laborious. And taking into account that stealing couldn't exactly be achieved with swords and pistols and roars, we had to move on from the pirating life.

Mind you, he was still the same. God, he was the same in every way. Stubborn, childish, immature, a whiny little bastard, but he was Jack. My Jack. His traits had no doubt rubbed off on me, just as mine had on him. But neither of us really minded.

The wind flapped Jack's flag in the wind, the bit of the Pearl he insisted on keeping when we downsized. If you could call this downsizing. The ship had four bedrooms, the master including an ensuite bathroom and walk in closet; a marvelous kitchen; living space; everything you would find in a house, only we lived at sea.

The sun was shining brightly, casting a glimmer off of the ring on my finger. I wouldn't ever forget the night I received it.

1823, somewhere off the coast of Georgia.

"Gold rush, eh?" Jack stated, holding a heavily inked newspaper in his hand. He was scrutinizing the first page, which had a bold headline. The gold rush of the 1820's, I had completely forgotten about it. Part of me wished that I had brought a history textbook with me when I time traveled so many years ago.

"There's going to be like 10 more of those, Jack." I laughed. "Not that we even need any more gold." I pointed out. I had made sure that we had ample money with us for the future, seeing as getting a job would be difficult. We couldn't exactly stay in the same spot for long, people would notice that we never aged. As time passed, I used my powers less frequently. This resulted in the consequences were dulled, but so were my powers. They never completely faded, but with the tone down I could go into town.

"No more gold, eh?" Jack asked regrettably. "Guess this was a waste then." He said nonchalantly, getting up and taking something out of his pocket. It glimmered in the lamp light, and curiosity overwhelmed me.

"What's that?" I asked, craning my neck to see. I saw his smirk as he turned around, shrugging. He threw the ring into my lap, sitting down again. He unfolded the newspaper, acting like nothing happened. I picked up the golden ring, my eyes wide. "Jack...you do know what this is right?" I asked cautiously, making sure this wasn't an evil trick of his.

"Aye, last time I checked it's a wedding ring." He replied. I couldn't find the words to respond. This made him smirk, but I resisted the temptation to roll my eyes. Not at a time like this. I didn't know how to respond.

"Well then I guess we'll need to stop off in town. Seeing as I don't exactly have one for you." I mumbled. He grinned.

"Don't need one, love. I got you."


I smiled, loving how after all this time his sweet talking still worked on me. Not that there was much point anymore, I mean, he'd had me since day one. Since day once the first time around. I remembered how hard I had looked in Georgia to find a ring that struck me as "him" but it was quite difficult.

Eventually I made my way to a eerie store in the middle of nowhere. I recalled Jack whining about coming with me, claiming "I'm just gonna put it on when ye get back." I didn't waste my time trying to explain to him that the surprise was half the fun, and instead settled for dragging him to different locations beforehand just to tick him off. After walking into the store, I had found the ring immediately.

I heard footsteps come up the stairs, and smiled as his arms found their place around my waist. He rested his head on my shoulder, kissing my neck. The weather was beautiful, as it had been for the past week. After all this time the Caribbean hadn't lost any of it's beauty. Not out here away from the population, at least.

"Jack, do you know what day it is?" I asked, causing him to chuckle.

"Do tell, deary." He replied. I resorted to singing a line from a song I'd recently become obsessed with.

"I know you won't believe me, but this coming Thursday evening is our centennial!" I sang.

"Which one are ye talkin' about?" He asked.

"Since we met. The third time." I replied.

''Then it's our..." He paused a moment to do the math, causing a smile to break across my face. "Second centennial, second decade, plus three years." He smirked. I turned in his grasp, smirking. He didn't need an invitation to lower his lips to mine, and since his hair was no longer in dreadlocks I was free to tangle my fingers in it.

"You'll have- to wait- till tonight- for your- gift." He said in between kisses, causing me to laugh lightly.

"How come?" I whined.

"You'll see." He promised. I figured it would be worth it, so I refrained from complaining any more and pulled him to me.

Image

"Alright Sparrow, it's as night as it's going to get." I said, marching upstairs. I couldn't continue to lecture him though, seeing what he had created on the deck of the Black Pearl II.He laid out a blanket, and held a guitar. I edged closer, unable to contain the smile. He beckoned me to take a seat, and I did. Crossing my legs beneath me, I watched him carefully as he tested the tune of the guitar.

"S'kinda hard to practice when it's supposed to be a surprise." He said, and I laughed. He cleared his throat, before launching into my favourite song to date.

"Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And everything you do,
They were all yellow,

I came along
I wrote a song for you
And all the things you do
And it was called yellow

So then I took my turn
Oh all the things I've done
And it was all yellow

Your skin
Oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
D'you know you know I love you so
You know I love you so

I swam across
I jumped across for you
Oh all the things you do
Cause you were all yellow

I drew a line
I drew a line for you
Oh what a thing to do
And it was all yellow

Your skin
Oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
D'you know for you i bleed myself dry
For you i bleed myself dry"

When he finished we was smirking, he knew that he'd done well. I was trying desperately to hold in the emotions that were erupting within me. My eyes were watering as I kept my mouth clenched shut. I hadn't changed one bit, so he was more than used to this.

"Well?" He asked, causing me to released a laugh. The laugh triggered the tears to start, and I rolled my eyes.

"I told you you'd like Coldplay." Was all I could say. He smirked.

"If I is not mistaken, it was the other way around love." He teased, causing me to roll my eyes, again. I got up, taking the guitar out of his hands and setting it down on the ground. I wrapped my arms around him, kneeling on the ground before him.

"Thanks." I whispered, planting a kiss on his cheek. He held me against him, turning us so that we were lying down. The sky was clear, showcasing all of the marvelous stars. I'd seen them all a thousand times before. I laid my head against his chest, the pumping sound of his heart reverberating through me. "Jack?" I whispered.

"Eh?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yep." He replied. I waited a moment, compiling my thoughts.

"What if...I said I wanted children?" I breathed. I counted his heartbeats as he digested the comment and brewed an answer. One, Two, Three, Four, Five. It was a touchy subject, because we didn't know if our kids would be immortal. If they weren't, would we be able to bury them when the time came?

"I'd say that it's a good thing I bought a bigger ship." He said lightly, and I laughed.

"So you wouldn't mind having little ones running around?" I asked.

"'ow many we talkin'?" He asked.

"Two at most." I replied.

"Nope, don't mind."

We had had plenty of time to grow up, plenty of time to enjoy being "young" and reckless. Now we had both reached a point where we wanted something more. As if we hadn't already been through enough. But we'd do it together, and that was the knowledge that kept me sane. I turned my head up to face him.

"Jack?"

"Aye?"

"I'm pregnant." I whispered. I didn't know how I expected him to react, but I hadn't anticipated complete and total acceptance.

"I guess we'll need to go shoppin' then, eh?" He smiled. I exhaled, relieved.

"Jack?"

"Yes, love?" I craned my head up to kiss him.

"We're naming her Scarlett." I said sternly, causing him to smirk.

"No, we're naming him Jack. Junior." He replied, just as sternly. I rolled my eyes, curling up against him again. We'd have plenty of time to argue. Plenty of time to fight, bicker, smile, laugh, cry, kiss, and love.

In fact, when it all came down to it, the only two things I had were Jack, and time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ship

Catalina's ring

[irl=http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo257/aybeexinfinity/GeorgePost-SnakeRingSkeletoninClose.jpg] Jack's ring[/url]

That's It! Hope you liked it. I would love some messages :]