Status: i update when i update... haha

Painting Flowers

Two;

Dinner passed in a blur and everyone was headed into the living room. I stayed back, deciding that I should do the dishes to help Aunt Lizzie out. I gathered all of the dishes and brought them to the sink. Turning the water on, I waited for it to get hot enough when I heard a familiar male voice.

"Hey," Alex said, stepping into the kitchen. "Want some help?"

"Yeah, sure," I replied. He walked up to the sink and reached down to grab a plate, our hands brushing up against each other. I froze for a sec, wondering if he felt that spark too, then brushed it off as nothing.

"So, where are you from?" He asked suddenly.

"Boston," I said, setting a dish to dry.

"That's pretty far away." I shrugged

"A good seven-hour drive." He nodded as he finished the last dish.

"Do you need a ride to school tomorrow?" He asked. "I mean, I live right across the street so it wouldn't be any trouble at all."

"I'd like that." I replied, smiling. He smiled back before his mother walked into the kitchen.

"Alex, dear, it's time to go." She said.

"I'll be right there." He said back. She nodded and walked out the door with her husband. "So, I'll see you tomorrow?" I nodded and muttered a 'see ya' before he followed his parents out the door to his house. As he walked out, Aunt Lizzie came into the kitchen, looking around.

"You cleaned my kitchen?" She asked, surveying how clean it was. "Oh honey, you didn't have to do that!"

"Sorry, just a habit I guess." I shrugged.

"Well you don't have to clean anything as long as you live under my roof." She said, smiling. "I want you to focus on being a teenager and having fun" I smiled back at her and nodded.

"Well I think I'm going to head to my room for the night." I said, "See you in the morning." She kissed me on the forehead and bid me goodnight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and sweet haha
and only 2 subscribers and 0 comments.. hmmm 0.o