Status: Very Active

A Different World

Dziesięć

Jon and I watched as Elisabeth ran out the door.

“You happy now?” Jon asked me.

I narrowed my eyes. “Why? Because you finally grew some balls and apologized to her? Yes. Because in the process of you not growing balls you ruined my relationship? Fuck no.”

A few moments passed before Jon spoke again.

“You know, Patrick sent me over here.”

“Wow. So you really couldn’t do it by yourself. You had to have Sharpy hold your hand.”

He rolled his eyes. “God no. But after he yelled at me for being dumb and admitting that your guy’s relationship was all but over, I knew I had to do something.”

“You do realize that just because you miraculously fixed shit with Elisabeth doesn’t mean me and Patrick will magically go back to how we were.”

He threw his hands up “I know that Katey! Geezus, why are you so stubborn?”

“Whatever do you mean Mr. Toes?”

“First off, it’s pronounced ‘Taves’ not ‘Toes’. And second, do you not realize that out of everyone you and Patrick are pretty much perfect for each other? You put up with his stupidness and he puts up with your bitchiness.”

“Oh wow Jon. What a compliment.” I said as I rolled my eyes.

“Whatever.” He said as he checked his phone. “Look I have to go pick up Elisabeth. Call Patrick and talk to him.”

“How about no. Peace out Captain Asshole.” I said after I shut the door behind him.

Well at least someone can be happy, I thought as I went back to watch the movie.

Gerard Butler naked and some comfort ice cream solves everything.

Halfway into the movie, and one and half cartons of Ben and Jerry’s later, there was a knock on my door.

“Look Jon I got nothing else to say to yo-“ I paused as I opened the door to see Patrick standing there with another carton of Ben and Jerry’s.

“Sharp.” I said as I took the carton from him and went back to the couch and unpaused the movie.

“Katey, don’t ignore me. We need to figure this out.”

I paused the movie again and looked at him. “Why? So we can go back to fighting over nonsense?”

“No. I want to go back to how we were before this shit between Jon and Elisabeth happened. We shouldn’t have let it affect our relationship like it did.” He said as he sat beside me.

I look down at my ice cream, moving my spoon in circles. “But we did, because we are their friends. It killed me to see Elisabeth in pain, but when our relationship started to be affected, I felt ten times worse.”

He wrapped his arms around me. “I know baby. I felt like that when you told me we were done. I couldn’t even imagine not having you in my life. You are my rock. You cheer me up after a rough game and bring my ego down after a win. Besides, who else could deal with mine and Burish’s antics all the time?”

I laughed and wiped the tears off my face. “No one would be able to stop Jon from killing both of you when you guys sleep with all the shit you pull on him.”

“Exactly.” He said as he pulled back and lifted my chin to look at him. “I love you Katey. So can we just forget tonight even happened? Go back to how things were?”

“You mean the fighting and bickering?” I teased.

“No I mean the all the time lovin’ that you give me.” He beamed.

I rolled my eyes. “Seriously, quit hanging out with Kane. You are starting to scare me.”

He laughed and gave me a kiss. “So what are we watching?”

I pushed him off of me. “We aren’t watching anything. I was watching ‘Law Abiding Citizen’ so if you would excuse moi. I’d like to get back to seeing the hotness we call Gerard Butler.”

“Oh I see how it is, rather watch the hotness of this Butler guy than experience the hotness of your own boyfriend, who by the way is here in the flesh.” He said going to get off the couch.

I grabbed his arm and snuggled into him as he settled back into the couch. “Maybe I wanna snuggle with said boyfriend while watching the movie.”

A couple hours later, we decided to turn off the movies and head to bed. As we laid there drifting off, Patrick turned my lamp back on.

“What’s wrong?” I said sitting up.

“Look, I need to tell you something, even if Elisabeth told me not to.”

I gave him a scared look. “What is this about?”

“She might not be able to stay here much longer.”

“Um why? She has a visa to finish out school, and there’s still a good bit of school left.”

“She is on academic probation hun.”

“Wait what? Why didn’t she tell me? I swear to god I am gonna kill Tazer.”

“It isn’t his fault.”

I got up off the bed and went to my phone. “Like hell it isn’t. He is the one that put her in this slump.”

I decided to send a text message to Jon.

Good Job asshole. Elisabeth is on academic probation because of your ass. Now she might not be able to stay here.