Status: Very Active

A Different World

Sześć

“Patrick Timothy, your ass better open this door!” I said pounding on Kane’s door.

The door opened, showing an obviously drunk Kane with a half empty bottle of vodka. “She ain’t here.”

I walk in and look around. “What do you mean she isn’t here? She left with you.”

He took a swig from the bottle he was holding. “Tazer, that ass, came and took her away. Right when the fun was about to start.”

I spun around and stared at him. “I swear to god Kane. You even try to touch her, I will make sure you will never walk straight again.”

“She is her own person Katey. I’m pretty sure she can choose who to fuck.”

I slapped him. “You are the wrong person to try to corrupt her.”

“Oh and Tazer isn’t? Please, every time Ivana shows up, Elisabeth is old news.”

I narrowed my eyes. “And what makes you better? You go out, drink, party, and take a random girl home almost every night. Elisabeth is better than that.”

I heard my phone buzz.

Text from: Patrick

Found her. She is back at the dorm.


“Look Kane, if you want to help her with her English and what not, fine. But don’t make her another one of your sluts.” I said as I walked out.

When I arrived back at the dorm, I saw Elisabeth passed out and Patrick sitting on my bed watching TV.

“Hey babe.” He said as he shut off the TV.

I laid down beside him, gave him a kiss and snuggled into him. “What are you doing here?”

“Well after Jon dropped her off and she fell asleep, I figured I would stay here just in case she would wake up and need anything.”

“Hmmm. You are the world’s greatest boyfriend you know that?” I said half asleep.

He laughed and kissed my forehead. “Go to sleep love.”

I woke up the next morning when I felt Patrick getting up to leave.

“Hey” he whispered “I’m gonna head out, the bus leaves for the airport in about an hour.”

I moaned. “So I won’t get to see you for five days? How am I going to survive?”

He softly laughed and kissed me. “We have skype and phones babe. I think we can handle it. I’ll call you when we land.”

I laid back down. “Okay, love you.”

A couple hours later, my alarm went off. I looked at the clock. 7:30 am.

Shit. We both had class in a half hour. I rushed to get ready before waking Elisabeth up.

“Jesus Christ Elisabeth don’t go anywhere with Kaner ever. He is just trying to sleep with you.” I yelled as I shook her awake.

She grabbed her head. “Fuck my head.”

“Get up and change, you have class in thirty minutes.” I said as I ran out the door.

I decided to skip out on my last two classes of the day. I was doing my psychology homework when I heard Elisabeth walk in.

“You need help?” I asked her as she put her books on her desk and crawled into bed.

“Not really I sleep now.” She said as she got under her covers. 

“What happened with Jon last night?” I said as I rolled over to her. 

“I tell truth. I hate him. He not good person. He got Ivana. I not barge in. I find someone else help me.” She said. I felt bad. 

After a moment, I said “Jonathan isn’t just your friend is he? You like him don’t you?” 

“Nie, Jonathan just friend like over rest of friends. He answer all questions way I understand. He get it.” 

“Elisabeth, that means you like them. Example, Patrick what do you think of him.”

“He nice person.” She stated. 

I smiled.

“You don’t like him the same way you like Jonathan.” 

“Right. Jonathan nice and smile at me.” She said. 

“Exactly. What about Kaner?”

“Not like Jonathan?” She said confused. 

“Exactly! Not like Jonathan.” I beamed. 

“Jon just friend though.” She said. 

“You usually are friends with someone before you go on dates with them.” 

After her phone went off and she made plans with Elin, I went back to my homework until I heard Skype telling me I had a video call.

I smiled and clicked accept to see my boyfriend’s face.

“Hey I take it the flight went okay?”

“Yeah, Burish and I pulled some shit on the guys.”

I laughed. “I don’t expect anything less.”

At that moment, I saw Adam show up in the picture.

“Hello gorgeous. So when are you leaving this fool for a real man like me?”

I rolled my eyes. “Adam we have been over this. You cannot handle me. I’m too much woman for you.”

Both guys laughed. “I’m up for the challenge.” Adam said.

“Dude. Go away. I would like to talk to my girlfriend without her getting distracted by you.”

After Adam mumbled something about Mario Kart and left, Patrick turned back to the camera and smiled. “Hey babe.”

“Hi. So where are you guys now?”

“San Jose. It is gorgeous out here.”

“Oh I don’t doubt it.” I said turning back to my psych homework.

“So do you have anything fun planned for when we are gone?”

“Oh yeah. I am throwing this huge party at your condo with male strippers.”

He rolled his eyes. “I wouldn’t put it past you. But seriously, are you going to do anything with Elisabeth.”

I thought for a moment. “I think I just came up with the perfect idea.”

“Oh god. That could be scary.”

“I’m gonna teach her how to drive.” I said smiling.

“Damn, and I am across the country and missing this fun.”

“I’ll be sure to use your car.”

“Um how about no.”

I laughed. We talked for several more minutes before I heard the door open and Elisabeth walked in looking pissed off.

“Pat, Elisabeth just got home, and it isn’t looking too good. I’ll call you later.”

“Okay. Tell her I said hi. Love you.”

After we disconnected, I turned to Elisabeth.

“Bad time shopping?”

“Ivana there. Jon text her. I hate Jon.” She said before she mumbled something in Polish.

“Wait I thought Jon texted you too?”

“He did. But not in couple day. I got weird feeling in chest.”

“Does it feel like a sharp stabbing pain right around here?” I pointed to where my heart is.

“Tak. Worse feeling ever.”

I went over and hugged her. “Oh dear. You have a broken heart.”

“I hate pain. I hate Jon. Make go away.”

I felt so bad for her. “Oh honey. If only it was that easy.”

“How you heal pain?”

“Personally, I pig out on ice cream and watch movies. But I have a better idea.”

“Shopping?”

I laughed. “No. I am going to teach you how to drive.”