Status: Very Active

A Different World

Siedem

“ELISABETH BRAKE! BRAKE!” Katey said pulling this lever and we just jolted to a stop.

“WHAT I DO BRAKE WE GO FASTER!” I said yelling.

“That was the gas! The other one!” Katey said yelling.

“I give up. This such big joke!” I said crossing my arms.

“Your temper is so bad since you haven’t talked to Jonathan in two days.” Katey said.

“Jonathan big asshole. I hate him” I said pulling down the level and started to drive again.

“Elisabeth...” Katey said.

“FUCK HIM AND HIS RUSSIAN WHORE!” I yelled pressing on the gas more making us go faster. I turned the corner really fast and jerked us around.

“ELISABETH!” Katey said holding onto something for dear life. “Maybe you shouldn’t be driving when you are angry.” That is when I slammed on the break and we jerked forward in a our seat belts.

“Fuck this country. I go back Poland tomorrow.” I said looking at Katey.

“You are the most insufferable human being when you are angry! Get the fuck over it Elisabeth! Jonathan is an asshole who likes whores. GET OVER IT.” Katey said.

“UGH!” I said yelled. “YOU STUPID AMERICAN NOT GET ANYTHING! THIS COUNTRY FOR ONE WHO HATE RUSSIANS SIDE WITH THEM ALL TIME! SOVIET COMMUNIST RUSSIAN BASTARDS!” I yelled.

“I’m not siding with Ivana! She is a whore. I hate the whore, but you have to realise you can’t fucking change how someone feels. You are such an idiot sometimes. Jonathan can’t drop everything for you. He can’t just forget everything that is here before you got here! Get that through your thick head of yours!” Katey said yelling.

“FUCK YOU!” I said getting out of the car. I was in the suburbs somewhere, and I really didn’t care where I was. Katey drove off and left me. I didn’t care. I wanted to be left alone for once. I sat on a park bench and watched some small children play at the park.

“Piękna pogoda, prawda?”
(Nice weather isn’t it?)

“Tak” I said.

“Jak się masz?”
(How are you?)

“Jestem stęskniony.” I said without thinking. Then I turned my head.
(I am homesick.)

“Co?” The guy next to me said to me. 

(What?)

He was handsome. He had blue eyes and blonde hair. He was so handsome I couldn’t stop looking.

“Polsku?” I said
(Polish)

“Tak.” He said. We started to talk and everything, but even the amounts of Polish and the sense of home I was getting wasn’t fixing my heart being broke. Not even the very attractive person speaking Polish to me was interesting to me.

“Przepraszam, ale muszę już iść.” I said getting up and walking away. I need to go back to my dorm and work on school work.
(Excuse me, I have to go now.)

A half hour later, sobbing my eyes out, and a cab ride to my dorm I heard Katey talking out loud.

“She is so fucking annoying. I wish those two would start talking to each other already. Like she is so fucking short.” Katey said kind of angry.

“Everyone wants to kill Tazer. He is like one sexually frustrated mess. He is so pissy Kaner is gonna kill him. It even more of a buzz kill than he usually is. It is annoying.” Patrick said.

They were skyping.

“Well well the fuck why doesn’t he call her because Patrick, her heart is broken. She is like not functioning at all. He always texts her and he has done shit. Not to mention Ivana said Jon is texting her all the time and rubs it into her face. I feel bad for going off on Elisabeth. It just she is like a teenager she doesn’t get anything. She doesn’t understand that it isn’t easy. Especially with Jon being so serious about everything. Elisabeth is serious in her own way. She takes everything literally because of the language barrier. It is just I don’t know this whole thing isn’t sitting with me the right way...” I heard Katey trail off.

“I think both or them are just too idiotic to realise they like each other.”

“No Elisabeth realises it. She realises that Jonathan isn’t just a friend That you, Kaner or anyone is not on the same scale as Jon is to her. Jonathan protects her from everything. He explains everything to her in a way I can’t seem to explain it. If anything would ever happened to her he wouldn’t forgive himself.” Katey said.

“What if we put her in danger to make him realise that?” Patrick said.

“I wouldn’t do that, because if you did that there is always that little part that could massively go wrong. I’m not putting her in danger.”

I heard enough and I walked into our room and Katey instantly changed the subject.

“I gotta go babe. I’ll see you in two days!” Katey said smiling. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Patrick said. “Bye you two!”

“Bye.” I said quietly. I picked up my laptop and started to work on a paper. I was a good two pages into it and then I heard my Skype ring. It said it was Kaner. I accepted it.

“What Kaner?” I asked him.

“Elisabeth?” I heard his voice...

Jonathan?

I clicked to the video box and I saw Jonathan.

“Why you on Kaner’s name?” I asked him.

“Because I know if it said my name you wouldn’t accept the chat.” Jonathan said.

“What you want?” I asked him short.

“Why haven’t you texted me.”

“Not want interrupt hot text conversation with Ivana Russian whore.” I said short with him.

“Elisabeth that isn’t fair.”

“NOT WHAT NOT FAIR HOW MUCH DICKHEAD YOU ARE!” I said yelling. Katey just looked at me.

“I’m sorry.”

“You not sorry Jonathan. If you sorry you try effort make fix things! Instead you stick with Russian whore. She must be good lay or something, because her face not nice looking. Look like a man.” I said yelling at him via Skype.

“You know what Elisabeth, you have no room to insult people. That doesn’t not make you a better person. Who you are, this whole gimmick you have of stupid foreigner is getting fucking old. No human being can be that dumb about America. No girl like you should ever be this stupid!” He said getting angry.

“Sorry not like Canada Jonathan. Sorry we not learn French and English and play teethless hockey! We not hunt bear and fish in stupid ponds for fun. Poland beats any shithole in Canada. We nice people who enjoy little thing in life!” I said getting angry.

“What being poor without electricity? Nice fucking country.”

That’s when I lost it. I started to cry again. I was so angry.

“Nie chcę się już więcej z tobą spotykać.” I spat back in Polish between my tears.

(I never want to see you again)

His face dropped. “Elisabeth I didn’t mean it lik----”

“NIE CHĘ SIĘ JUŻ WIĘCEJ Z TOBĄ SPOTYKAĆ!” (I never want to see you again.) I yelled slamming my computer closed. “DO KURWHY NĘDZY!” (Fuck) I said starting to cry harder. “ Nienwidzę go! Nienwidzę go! NIENAWIDZĘ GO!” I screamed. ( I hate him.)

“Elisabeth calmed down...” Katey said.

“NIE! ŻE DUPEK! NIENAWIDZĘ GO!” I screamed in my native language.
(No that asshole! I hate him!)

Then I finally went through my anger and cried like a baby.

“Zejdź mi z głowy!” I said holding my ears, but it didn’t help.
(Get out of my head!)

I just cried like a baby while Katey didn’t know what to do with me anymore. I didn’t know what to do with myself. I never felt like such a lunatic in my life. I want to feel sane again. My phone stared to ring and I just picked it up.

“Elisabeth stop crying, please. I didn’t mean what I said I was angry.”

“Nie Jonathan. Nie.” I said shaking my head and closing my eyes.

“Elisabeth hear me out. I like you. I really do. I just never want to hurt you with everything in my life. You deserve the world and then some. I can’t give that to you. I’ll never be able to give you all my attention. I have hockey. That is is my job and life. I can’t have you put to the side, because you don’t deserve that. You need someone that is there all the time. Not just a few times a week.” Jonathan said to me.

I pressed the red button on my phone, and curled up in a ball. I didn’t cry anymore. I just didn’t know what anything felt like anymore.

I didn’t leave campus for almost a month. I went to school and did my work. I didn’t do anything. I just went into my room and did my school work. I never went out. I never went to a hockey game. I just worked on my school work and tired to work on my English. I didn’t want anything right now. I just want to get out of this place as soon as I could.

I’m not sad anymore. I’m just tired of this place. If this year would just end, I think we’d be okay.