Status: unfinished

Island of Myths

Do you want to play a game?

I found myself in a forest that looked like it could be the Amazon, and it was truly amazing. The door closed behind me, and when I looked back it had disappeared. I now felt a deep sense of loneliness even though I knew my friends could see me, but I only wished I could see them. There was no use in standing around feeling bad because the faster I found the icons then the faster I could be out of here. Still Jason’s warning echoed through my head. Just know that if something happens she won’t let us go in to help you until it’s almost too late. She will force you to try to save yourself no matter what happens. That was what he had said, and, even though I hadn’t thought much of it at the time, I now realized that it was real and he had meant it. Veronica had told me to try to stay alive. It wasn’t just a game, it was real and it was dangerous. I could get killed, and they both knew it.
I fought any fears I had and began walking through the dense brush, looking for some sort of clearing or something. Well, honestly I didn’t know what I was looking for. The grass I was walking through was taller than I was, so I could not see but a few inches in front of me. I wandered through the grass for what seemed like an eternity, but was really only a few minutes. Finally I heard something coming from my left, and it sounded big. It was in the distance, but it was still loud. It sounded like the footsteps of a giant, and, though I hate to admit it, I was way too much of a coward to face that thing alone in this kind of grass. There could be five of them, and I wouldn’t even be able to see it. At first I thought that if I stood completely still that it wouldn’t know where I was and just move on, but it just kept getting louder. Finally I saw movement in the grass that was only a few feet away and realized that standing still would just get me killed. It was big, just as I had thought; I could see the very top of its head, and the grass was at least seven feet tall. I might not have been stronger than that thing, but I was probably faster. Something that big had to be pretty slow.
I took off running as fast as I possibly could, and since I was one of the fastest short distance runners in my PE class, that was pretty fast. I could still hear it coming after me, but it couldn’t catch me. I finally made it into a clearing and on the other side I saw a huge, floating purple coin with a picture of a Cyclops. It was the first icon! I thought about it for a second, and realized that the picture probably represented what was following me. No wonder it sounded so big. I raced toward the icon, but soon found myself face to face with another Cyclops. It was huge, ugly, but worst of all, it was pissed.
It went to grab me, but I dodge and rolled to the left. Thank God for my many years of gymnastics. I was out of reach of the other Cyclops, and thought I had the advantage, until the first one managed to make it through the grass. This was not good. I had one Cyclops behind me, and one in front of me. I summoned a ball of fire in my hand, but they showed no sign of fear. I threw it at the one behind me, but it only made him stumble a little. I turned so that I could use my peripheral vision to watch both.
This wasn’t going as well as I had first thought it would. I summoned two fire balls, one in each hand and threw them both at the ogre on my right, and this time he stumbled and fell. It gave me just enough time to do the same to the one in front of me, and this one fell too. I ran toward the icon, dodging around Cyclops that was struggling to get up, and I came within inches of touching the floating purple coin when the one on the ground grabbed me by the foot and dragged me down to its level. I hit the ground with a thud, and it momentarily knocked the wind out of me. I wiped the stunned looked of my face and looked it dead in the eyes, trying to put on a fearless façade, which I doubt was the smartest thing to do. It wrapped its rough hand around me, making it even more impossible for me to get away. It got up, with me in its hands, and looked at me a moment. Something about the way I looked must have made it even angrier because it squeezed its hands around me, trying to crush me to death. I fought the urge to cry out, and tried to wriggle away. I fought as much as I could, but with my hands and arms crushed against my side, there wasn’t much I could do. They didn’t react to fire anyway, so even if I did summon a fireball it would only burn me. Then out of nowhere it threw me across the clearing, and I skidded across the ground until finally coming to a stop at the edge of the grass. I took in a deep breath, happy to be out of there. I stood, trying to think of what my next move should be.
Now I had both of the Cyclops in front of me, walking towards me to finish me off. Finally I concluded that I had to do whatever it was I had done to Jonny’s griffin earlier. I summoned as much energy as I could manage into a glowing ball of white energy, and smiled to myself when I actually did it. I made it bigger and bigger, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. When both of the Cyclops were a few feet away, I threw it as hard as I could, hitting two birds with one stone, and sending them flying across the clearing and into the grass. I didn’t hesitate to go for the purple icon. I dashed across the clearing and grabbed the coin. When I grabbed it for a moment it floated in my hands and then disappeared. I hoped the Cyclops had disappeared along with it, but just in case I left quickly.
I walked through the grass for another minute or so, when I heard the sound of running water. Water’s blue, there’s a blue coin; yeah, I can put two and two together. I walked toward the sound until I came upon a river. This river was maybe thirty feet wide and seemed to stretch on forever. It didn’t look like there were any monsters around, or a coin. I sighed in disappointment, but then couldn’t help but smile at the beautiful scenery. If only nature could really be this gorgeous. I walked over to the river and looked at the rushing water; it was at least ten feet deep, possibly fifteen. It was surprisingly clear, but then again it wasn’t real. Then I saw it; a blue coin in the middle of the river, but it was too far underwater for me to see the picture on it. It was in the middle, the deepest part of the water, and I would have to swim out to get it.
“Well here goes nothing,” I mumbled loud enough for my friends to hear. I figured it had to be pretty boring watching me do this. I took off my favorite black jacket and set it down, not because I didn’t want it to get wet, but because it would make it harder to swim. I took a deep breath and dove in. The current was strong, almost strong enough to pull me away. Note to self: before diving into a river, always consider the strength of the current. I swam until I was a few feet away from the coin, when I saw the picture. It took me a second to scroll through my mental list of mythological creatures until I found the one I was looking for, and it wasn’t good. The blue coin showed a picture of the Lambton Worm. I looked around frantically, hoping it wasn’t around. The Lambton Worm is just supposed to be 13th century English folklore, but if Cyclops are real, why not a giant man eating worm?
Long story short, the legend of the Lambton Worm is that one Sunday in the Middle Ages a guy named John Lambton decided to skip church and go fishing. Instead of a fish, he caught a worm, thought it was ugly and gross, and threw it down a well. There it grew to be huge, and ate everyone in the village, the end. If that thing was in the water with me then I was in serious trouble.
I thought I was safe, until I saw the purple and blue sea serpent swimming in the distance. It was coming at a dangerously fast pace, and as fast a swimmer as I was (Not!!) I knew I wouldn’t have time to grab the coin and still get away. I decided the only thing I could do was fight it, so I quickly went up for air, dove back down, and got ready to fight. It was getting close so I summoned a fireball, or at least I tried to summon a fireball, but it went out almost instantaneously. I tried again, but the second time yielded even worse results; nothing happened. I silently cursed. My short temper combined with my stubbornness caused me to try a third time, and then a fourth, but it still wouldn’t work. That’s when, as much as I hated giving up on things like that, I finally decided to stop trying and come up with something else. I tried to summon the ball of white energy I used on the Cyclops, but that went out too. I cursed even more; how could that just fizzle out? It wasn’t even fire! Nothing was working; I was as good as dead. Only a few seconds had passed, and it was ever closer. The giant serpent was so close I could clearly make out its horrible features, and I had no choice if I wanted to get the coin. If I went for it now I wouldn’t be able to get out of the way before the worm swallowed me, so I waited.
It was now closing in on me, and I was scared out of my mind, but I knew I had to wait. Mere moments seemed to go by in slow motion until finally it came close enough, and I dove down farther as fast as I could. Lambton Worm flew over my head as fast as lightning, causing the current shift and nearly dragged me with it, but somehow I managed to hold my ground, or water. Once it had passed over my head I knew I only had countless seconds to get the coin, so I swam back up as fast as I could, not bothering to look back at the worm, until I saw that the coin was no longer there. The Lambton worm had caused the coin to shift with the current and it was now hovering behind the serpent. Why hadn’t I thought of that? Because it’s a freaking hologram! I answered my own question. That was it; I had to fight the worm, but how? I went back up for air, and took a few deep breaths before diving back down.
The creature was coming back after me, but this time I was ready. I did my best to focus my energy and power to do anything that would work underwater and apparently that “anything” was electricity. I sent a jolt of electricity through the water, stunning the Lambton Worm. Unfortunately, it was only stunned momentarily, and then began swimming toward me again. It was really close, and I had to move fast. I took a chance and closing my eyes, I let out an even bigger jolt of electricity, and held it as long as I could. If this didn’t work I would be eaten before I opened my eyes again. I tried as hard as I could to make it grow as powerful as I could possibly manage at the time. When I looked, the Lambton Worm was writhing in pain at the bottom of the river, but it still wasn’t dead. I strained to pump up the power a little more, and watched in relief as the huge creature disintegrated. I went up for more air, and just floated there for a minute or so, relieved to still be alive. Then I went back down and swam to the coin. When I touched it, it floated in my hand for a moment then melted into the water. I swam to the opposite edge of the river that I started on, lifted myself out of the water and onto dry land, and collapsed. I was soaking wet, and that was going to slow me down. I was also feeling a little lightheaded from holding my breath that much.
“And you all probably thought I couldn’t do it, but you were wrong,” I told my friends listening from the safety of the control room. I cracked a small smile. The sun was shining brightly in my eyes as I laid there catching my breath. “Well, no used sittin round here.” I got up quickly and began walking away from the river. I had gotten up to fast and it made me even dizzier, but I ignored it and kept going. The forest was now just that, a forest. No ten foot tall grass; just trees and vines. I walked for a while and began to wonder whether or not I was going the wrong way. I just kept walking though because I knew eventually I would find the other coins...eventually.
So that’s what I did, and eventually I did hear the sounds of birds squawking in the distance. I followed the sound, hoping it would lead me to the next coin. I eventually came upon a mountain, but not just any mountain; it was a volcano. “Oh, great,” I complained as I saw where the red icon was. It was hovering on a high ledge on the volcano, and the entire thing was surrounded by phoenixes. “Really, a volcano!? A volcano!” This wasn’t going to be fun, but I had to do it to get out of there. I began trudging toward the giant mountain of fire, but realized that when those phoenixes saw me they would all attack me at once and I would be dead or seriously injured, unless...
An idea hit me, and I ran out in the open shouting, “Hey!!! Hey!!! Come and get me! I’m right over here stupid birds! What are you blind or just idiots!!?” I didn’t know if they could understand me, but at least I got their attention. Two of them flew at me, and I put me arms up and tucked in my head, hoping they weren’t going to attack me right off the bat. Lucky for me they weren’t, and they grabbed my arms in their claws and lifted me up off the ground. I looked and saw that they were flying me up to the mouth of the volcano, probably planning to drop me in. Just as I had planned.
The flames coming off the birds were really hot, but not too hot for me to handle (mostly because I was still sopping wet). I waited until I was right over the ledge that the coin was sitting on, and (once again, thank God for my many years of gymnastics) swung my legs up and kicked both of the birds square in the face. I fell about thirty or forty feet to the ledge below. I landed on my side with a thud and moaned; I was surprised I didn’t break a bone. I rolled onto my stomach and got up on my hands and knees. It hurt, but I didn’t have time to sit there. I looked up to see that the coin was a mere few inches in front of me. The other birds hadn’t even noticed what had happened yet. This would be the easiest one yet, as long as I moved quickly. I got up, ignoring the pain in my right side, and grabbed the coin. This one sat in my hand for a second, but instead of just disappearing it exploded into flames. Now I would have thought that was cool if it hadn’t alerted the other phoenixes to what was going on. By that time I only had one thing on my mind: run! And that was exactly what I did.
I ran as fast as I could down the mountain, being careful not to trip. I didn’t dare look behind me because I knew I would trip if I did. The phoenixes were squawking loudly behind me, and I knew if they caught me there was no getting away this time. I ran and ran as fast as my legs would carry me, and eventually the noises went away right along with my strength. They had followed me for a while, so I was relieved that they were gone. I didn’t know if I had ever run so fast for so long in my life, and I collapsed and rested. I was laying there for a few minutes before I realized that all down my right side really hurt. I knew I hurt it when I fell, but I must have been so focused on getting away that I didn’t notice until now.
“Just one more,” I said to myself. “Just one more coin then I can get out of here.” And with that I got up, dusted off my jeans, and started walking. This “game” was not as fun as had initially thought it would be. I walked for a while, and I had no clue where I was going.
“I think I have gone in a complete circle, or maybe a square, or a hexagon...” and my ADD caused me to completely lose track of what I had been thinking about because somehow I went from thinking about which direction I was going to my science teacher Mr. Lucell. Finally I was brought back down to earth by the sound of leaves crunching in the distance. Maybe I was back near the Cyclops. No, that couldn’t be, there were a lot of trees, but no tall grass. I decided that I must be getting close to the next coin. Good, that meant I could get out of there soon. The footsteps were growing closer, and I did something really stupid. I figured that the coin was probably in the direction of the footsteps, so I ran and circled around towards them. I was quite a few yards away when I caught I glimpse of what the monster was. It was an ogre, and sadly, it caught a glimpse of me too.
Its eyes were blood red and angry, and they scared me half to death. Its eyes just stared piercingly at me, and I wanted deeply to get away. I just kept running as it stared me down with its menacing eyes. I looked away and kept running until I came upon another clearing with a floating green coin with the picture of an ogre. It was floating on the other side and the only thing standing in my way was another ogre. It was big, even bigger than the Cyclops had been. This one was almost as terrifying as the last, but I could take it down. The bigger, the slower, right? I summoned another ball of white energy, and got ready to throw it at the beast.
“Whoa!” I screamed as the first ogre grabbed me from behind. Wrong. It lifted me up off the ground, and somehow it stole the ball of energy from my hands, and it now floated in the ogres. It was mesmerized by it, and only wanted to play with that. It had no farther use of me and hurled me across the clearing. I hit the ground hard, and my right side ached again, but I fought it and tried to get up. I managed to get up to my feet. The ogre was still playing with its stolen power, but for some reason or another it got mad. It got really, really mad.
It let out a scream that reverberated through the forest, then without a second thought, hit me with my own power. I was thrown back again, but this time my fall, or flight as one might say, was broken by a tree. I fell to the ground, but I wasn’t sure if I could get up and fight back. My breathing was shaky, and I was getting weaker. I didn’t want to fight anymore. I knew it was my only way out though, so I stood up once more. I was a little wobbly, but I didn’t fall. I took a step forward, and was about to take another, but I was picked up again. It was another ogre, and a fourth was stepping out of the forest on the opposite side. I fought back as much as I could, but it was no use; I was as good as dead. To him it was like being hit by a fly; he barely felt a thing. The ogre obviously didn’t like me kicking him, and threw me once more across the clearing.
I landed on my back, right in the middle of all four ogres. I groaned as I moved to get up. I opened my eyes to see that they had me surrounded, outsized, and outnumbered. They circled around me, and were probably deciding who got to kill me. Their eyes were piercingly vicious as they stared at me. Just breathing hurt and I didn’t think I could get up and fight anymore. I would have to give up. As much as I hated it, I didn’t stand a chance against four giant monsters with brutal strength. Finally the ogre right in front of me lifted up its arms, getting ready to crush me. I rolled on my side and covered my head with my arms, getting ready for the impact, but it never came. I heard what sounded like fighting, and thought that maybe the ogres hadn’t come to an agreement on my death. I stayed like that, waiting for one of them to kill me. One of them was bound to come over and kill me soon enough. I didn’t want to see that coming. I didn’t dare look until I felt someone touch my arm. I flinched and let out a small, pathetic noise of fear when I felt it, but realized it was a human hand.
I heard Jason’s voice say “Natalie, are you ok? Natalie! Say something!” I opened my eyes and looked to see Jason sitting next to me and Jonny behind him kicking ogre butt. He had a worried look on his face, but at the same time he looked like he knew this would happen the whole time. Then again, he probably did. I didn’t care though. I just stared for a second, relief and thankfulness flooding through me. All I could do was hug him, and he hugged me back. I held back the tears, but I couldn’t believe he had saved my life. “It’s okay,” he told me. “You’re safe now.” Jonny was still beating up the ogres, and I laughed when he drop kicked one of them. Jason let go of me, and turned around to watch Jonny. “Yeah, he’s pretty tough, but I could do that if I wanted.” He smiled and I smiled back. “Oh, by the way, we picked up your jacket on the way over here. You left it by the river.” He handed it to me, and I put it on, thankful that I finally had something dry to put on. Though my clothes were almost completely dry anyway.
“Thanks. I thought I was dead,” I said, still trying to hold back some eager tears.
“Hey, feel lucky you got this far. On our first try we got to the mountain before the river and got our asses kicked by a couple of birds.” We both laughed a little then looked over at Jonny, who had just finished destroying the ogres. He smiled as he watched the ogres disappear.
“Okay you two, time to get back to Kansas.” Wow, what a stupid joke about The Wizard of OZ. Thankful that he had saved my life, I held back the so many sarcastic comments I could have said. We got up anyway and walked over to the green coin. I was still holding on to Jason, mostly out of fear. “Now then,” he put one hand on Jason’s shoulder, and touched the coin with the other. In a flash of light we were back in the hallway in the mountain. Never had I been so happy to be on Phoenix Island. We walked down the dim hall and through the door, and instantly my friends bombarded me with hugs (which forced me to let go of Jason to hug them back) and saying how they were so glad I was okay. My side still hurt a lot, and the hugs weren’t making it any better, but I kept my mouth shut. After they made sure I was all right they started talking about how awesome that was, and how cool it was when I electrocuted the “sea monster” as they liked to call it. I didn’t bother correcting them now; I would tell them later that it was called the Lambton Worm.
“Yes, yes, that was spectacular! Now then, do you girls think you would like to do that as a group some time?” They all nodded our heads enthusiastically, and so did I, just not as much as them. Then again, it had to be better as a group then just me by myself. Well actually, I like going in by myself. It was kind of fun. “Excellent! That is... wait a second.” She was looking directly at me, pointedly at my right side. Then in the blink of an eye she grabbed my arm in one hand, and then hit me in the side with the other.
“Ow!” I collapsed to my knees in pain, and was clutching my side with the arm that didn’t hurt. “What was that for!?” I asked that, but I knew what it was for. She knew I had gotten hurt, and she wanted to prove a point.
“You hurt yourself when you fell, didn’t you? You shouldn’t keep those things secret, that’s what can get you killed. Let that be a lesson. Jason, heal her please.” He had the power to heal? He walked over and put his hand on my shoulder.
“No, its fine, I’m okay.” I lied and I gently pushed his hand away.
“Are you sure? You should really let me heal you.” I was still on the ground, and figured that it would be more convincing if I was standing up. I stood slowly, trying not to show any signs of pain, but I knew that was nearly impossible.
“Really, I’m okay.” I was on my feet by now, and I saw that everyone was looking at me funny. I let go of my side and stood up straight to make it a little more convincing, which didn’t help the pain. It didn’t matter, as long as I looked alright. “Seriously, I’m okay. It’s not like I’m going to die because my side hurts a little.” And that part was true; I wasn’t going to die because of that, and as long as I wasn’t going to die I was fine with putting up with it.
“I doubt that your ‘okay’. Shall we review the tape and see just how hard you fell?” Veronica asked, though she didn’t really want an answer, and she magically rewound to the part where the phoenixes were flying me over the mountain. I watched myself swing and kick them both in the face (NICE!!), and then fall to the ledge below, landing on my side (not so nice). I cringed, remembering how that felt.
“Dude, that one hurt me,” Jonny commented.
“That’s not all,” Veronica fast forwarded to the fight with the ogres. I watched the ogre sneak up behind me, grab me, and throw me across the field. Meanwhile it was playing with its brand new stolen powers.
“How did it do that anyway? Steal that orb thing from me, I mean.” I really was curious because that was weird.
“Well, ogres are one of the few creatures that have that power. The others are some demons,” Jason explained.
“Oh. Well that sucks. How come we can’t do that?”
“Because it’s considered an evil power to steal something from someone, so only evil creatures have it.”
“Hello? Can we know focus on this?” Veronica ordered and we turned our attention back to the screen. She fast forwarded a little and went to right when I was thrown the first time. I watched myself struggle to get up, then get hit with my own power. I cringed again as I watched myself hit the tree. I then realized that when I was on the ground after hitting the tree I had been holding my side, but I hadn’t even known I was at the time. I watched as another ogre came up from behind and threw me in the middle of the others as a fourth came out of the forest. I turned my head and looked away; I didn’t want to watch this part.
“What wrong?” Jason asked me when he saw me looking away.
“I was being a coward.” He looked at me questioningly. “I was being a spineless coward because I didn’t fight back; I just hid my head and gave up. I wasn’t even brave enough to look.”
“Just that you went in there by yourself was brave, and it was your first time. I would have done the same thing my first try. In fact I did something pretty similar, except I was being attacked by a bunch of stupid birds. Not to mention I had Jonny with me, so you weren’t being a coward.” I couldn’t help but smile. Just the tone of voice he used was amusing, and it actually made me feel a little better.
“So, after reviewing what happened are you still sure that you are ‘okay’?” Veronica interrupted.
“Yes, I am still sure.”
“Whatever you say.” She looked at Jason for a moment, he nodded subtly, and she turned her attention back to me. “So do you think you would want to go back in with your friends?”
“Umm...”
“I understand, once is enough for today. It’s probably getting late anyway; you girls should be getting home. Jason and Jonny will escort you to make sure no more demons attack. This would be a good time for Amy to test her teleporting power.”Amy looked like she really didn’t want to.
“It’ll be fine, you can do it.” Jonny encouraged.
“Okay, okay,” she said reluctantly. “Everybody grab hands and be quiet.” We did what she said and waited for a minute or so, but nothing happened. “Oh, it’s too hard!” She stamped her foot.
“Here,” Jonny said as he let go of Jason hand, walked over to Amy, and held her hand (and Julie’s). He closed his eyes as if trying to concentrate. “Now try.” She nodded her head, closed her eyes, focused, and within seconds we were standing back on the docks. The sun was just beginning to set.
“Whoa,” Amy smiled. “I did it. Thank you!” She was happy that she actually did it, and I was happy for her.
“Good job Amy,” I was dizzy again, but I got over it quickly this time.
“Yeah, good job, now let’s get you girls home,” Jonny said. “I’m hoping that you know the way to your houses?”
“No, really?” I said sarcastically. Jonny glared at me, and I glared back. The stare down was on, and everybody knew it. Everybody went quiet to watch. Eventually I said “You know you really should stop acting like a sore loser,” and I turned and began walking away with my friends following close behind. That’s right, I was the queen now, but that’s only because I knew he wouldn’t do anything with anyone else around. Or maybe he would...
“That’s it,” He walked over angrily and grabbed my right arm, hard. He got right in my face and told me quietly “I warned you once before, and I meant what I said. You better knock it off now, or else.”
“Make me,” I dared as I glared at him, my temper taking over, making me braver than I probably should have been.
“Gladly,” he squeezed my arm with superhuman strength and I screamed in pain. I could have sworn I heard a slight crack. Why was everybody picking on me today? Stupid question, right?
“Hey! Stop, you’re hurting her!” Jason yelled as he ran over and pried Jonny off of me.
“She deserved it,” he growled as he turned and walked the other way. I had a temper, everyone knew it, and sadly I also didn’t have much control, and couldn’t be held responsible for what I did when I was mad. I summoned a fireball, and was ready to throw it if I had to. Jason saw this and gently grabbed my hand, putting out the fire. Another power of his, great.
“It’s okay, just let it go.” He looked me in the eyes, and my anger instantly vanished, for the most part anyway. I looked away, and Jason put his hand on my arm.
“Ow,” I flinched away.
“Now will you let me heal you?”
“Am I going to die yet?” I answered.
“You are so stubborn.”
“I know,” and I kept walking. It hurt to move it, but I managed to get my hand in my pocket. I would probably be fine by morning. “So, Julie, you know this path better than we do, so why don’t you lead?”
“Sure,” she agreed quietly as she walked in front of us, and nobody really spoke for the rest of the time. As we walked we dropped Lianna and Amy off at their houses, but Julie lived two houses down from me so we dropped her off last. Then it was just me and Jason walking the short distance to my house.
After Julie was in her house (Jason had strict orders from Veronica to watch and make sure we get into our houses safely) he asked “Will you please just let me heal you? I know you don’t think it’s that bad, but Jonny is really strong.” I know, I felt it.
“I told you I’m fine, it will probably be perfectly fine by morning.”
“Could you at least let me look at it?” His eyes were pleading and I couldn’t say no. “Good.” He grabbed my arm carefully. “Where does it hurt?” He asked as he squeezed gently, not wanting to make it hurt more.
“Nowhere,” I lied. “I told you I’m fine.”
“I know you’re lying. Just tell me the truth and I will leave you alone.” I sighed, and decided to stop arguing.
“All down my side, but that’s not giving you permission to heal me.” This time he sighed.
“I told Veronica I would, and I don’t want to make her mad.” I knew that little glance meant something, and they thought I hadn’t noticed. Newsflash: I notice everything.
“Well just tell her I said no.”
“She will be happy to hear that.” He rolled his eyes. “Look, I don’t want to make her mad so you can either let me heal you willingly, or I can use my powers and hold you down while I do it. Your choice.”
“I choose neither.”
“Okay, but just remember, you forced me to do this.” He grabbed my arms, trying to make it so I couldn’t struggle free, but he was stupid enough to grab where I could still touch him with my finger tips. That was exactly what I did too, and I sent a jolt of electricity through him. I accidently made it a little too strong though because it sent him flying a foot or so, but it wasn’t strong enough to seriously hurt him. Not a lot I could do could seriously hurt him.
“Next time maybe you’ll listen,” I said as I marched up the grass to my house. I did feel sorry, but I wasn’t going to show it. I told him I didn’t need to be healed, even though I knew deep down that I probably really did.
“Fine then, but trust me, you’re not okay. Don’t worry though, once you realize that tomorrow I will be happy to help you,” I heard him say as I walked up to my door and unlocked the lock.
“Goodnight,” I sang and I closed the door behind me. It wasn’t a “good night” though. I couldn’t fall asleep because every time I moved my arm or rolled onto my side it hurt. Maybe I do need him to heal me I thought, but I instantly banished the idea from my head. I would not be weak, and eventually I drifted off into sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this chapter is where it starts to get interesting so hope you enjoy! Comments are always appriciated