Status: Working on(:

This Is a Dream

Sean Kingston

I paced several times in front of the studio before I finally got enough guts to enter. I had watched some of the dancers enter before me and I knew I was way out of my league, and comfort zone. They had scared me, but in a good way. They made me want to reach out and try some thing new. Away from the safety net that had always lingered beneath me my whole life. So I sucked it up and pushed the door open.

"Tyler?" I called, throwing my bag down in a dusty corner of the locker room. My voice echoed off of the walls and I shivered, nervous. I pulled my sweatpants off to keep my hands busy and checked my hair for the third time. It was in a tight bun like it always was in the studio. I could hear muted music, but I couldn't make out what song it was through the thick walls.

"Okay, Callie. You can do this." I murmured, placing my shaky hands flat on the door that led to the studio dance floor.

As soon as the door opened I could hear the music. Well hear isn't the word I'm going for. More like, feel. It was Sean Kingston's - Fire Burning on the Dance Floor and it was pulsing through the studio. It was unbelievable that I didn't hear it before.

At the sound of the door, I don't understand how they heard it over the music, heads swiveled in my direction and I self-consciously tucked an imaginary wisp of hair behind my ear.

I picked out Nate's friendly face and he waved, pointing me out to the group around him. I avoided them and made my way to where Ty was temporarily de-jaying the music.

His back was turned to me and I placed one hand on his shoulder, grinning when he jumped and tripped over a cord on the floor.

I waited till he turned down the music. "Hey," I smirked, "jumpy today?"

"Ha ha, very funny," He studied me for a second, "You look different."

I frowned and shyly looked around at the other girls. We were all wearing shorts and were barefoot.

"I mean comfortable." He corrected, grinning. "Not in a bad way."

"I know," I lied. His grin told me he knew the truth. I hated that.

"So," He jumped up and sat on the table pushed against the wall, "You had the guts to come out. Now all you need is a tryout."

A tryout?

"Um, what? You should have told me this before I came. I nev-"

"I'm kidding." His easy smile did little to reassure me. "Have you met everyone yet?" I shook my head. "I just got here."

He waved his arm across the studio, "This is everyone. Everyone say ",Hi" to Callie."

I timidly waved as everyone shouted out their hellos.

"You'll learn everyone's name as you go along." Ty promised, turning the music slightly back up. "Are you ready to dance?" He said.

"I thought that I would just watch the first time. You kno-"

He turned the knob on the radio before I could finish."Nonsense!" He yelled over the steady beat. "You've got to learn somewhere."

I glanced around once more and took my hair out of its strict bun, tying it into a messy bun instead. Might as well look the part if I was going to be a part of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?(: