Status: Working on(:

This Is a Dream

Madam

"It's your turn to come to my class," I tell Ty while taking a sip of my mouth burning French vanilla coffee.

Ty, Hazel, and I had met up at a coffee shop and we had been talking about the two classes of theirs that I had already taken.

Hazel laughs, "Can he wear a tutu? Oh please! Wouldn't you look adorable in tights?" She coos leaning forward to hold her sweater against Ty's cheek, "Is pink your color?"

Ty laughs, "If I'm going then you have to come with me Hazel,"

"Can't argue with that," I agree laughing at her wide eyes, her head shaking in disagreement. "It'll be fun, I have a feeling you'll be a natural, Hazel," I tell her with a wink.

Ty leans back in his chair with a smile, "When should we come?" He asks, tossing his empty cup into a trash can next to him.

"Tomorrow? We have a break next week because our teachers going on vacation." I stand up and throw my own cup away since the coffee is still hot enough to boil.

"Sounds good," Ty says, and we head off in our own directions after calling out goodbye's.

---

The next day I leave my house early in hopes of getting to the studio before everyone else starts showing up and hogging the mirrors to check there straight teeth and already perfect hair.

With no one there, I start with a slow jog and run a few laps around the studio, stretching before and after my run to make sure I'm really loose. By then some students had trickled in and Hazel had already stretched and was loosening up at the barre, showing off what she had learned years ago.

"If you think Ashleigh's glare could kill, then you would be dead ten times over by that chick in the corner over there," Hazel says, bored already of the easy barre work.

"Mackenzie? She's my best friend," I say almost having to force the end bit out. She's still my best friend, but lately she had been acting the part of a crazy sergeant mother.

"Some friend," She scoffs turning a pirouette, "She hasn't even come over and said hi or anything to you."

I shrug and head to the barre myself before she can comment more on the fact that Mackenzie is acting more like a stuck up snob then my friend.

"What do you think of my tights?" the hair on my neck sticks straight up as the words are breathed into my ear, and I glance up at Ty looking at me through the mirror. I had been so engrossed in my work that I hadn't seen him come up.

Then the words register and I whirl around and glance down at his legs, now adjourned with pink tights. I crack up laughing and look behind him to see Hazel laughing too.

“Wh, where did yo you get th those?” I try and say in between laughs.

“Hazel said her mom used to be a dancer, she must have been one small dancer because these are riding up in places they shouldn’t,” Ty says with a grin, yanking on the tight places.

I notice that on top of the tights though he’s still wearing an old black and white All Time Low t-shirt and his sneakers, but he does have a pair of Hazel’s booty shorts on.

“Oh my gosh, that’s hysterical,” I laugh again and swipe at the tears that are now forming in my eyes.

“What you don’t like them?” He asks with a small pout, but his eyes are still laughing.

“I love them, you look beautiful,” I say still laughing, “I think all of the boys will just love you,”

“Oh my gosh, boys? Where?” He asks in a fake girl voice, twirling around on one foot to scan the room.

“You’re crazy, and we’re a bit early so everyone will start showing up in about fifteen minutes,” I tell him, returning to the mirror to make sure that I’m holding my arms straight.

Ty follows my every move and cracks up while doing so, “Is this right?” He asks, toes pointed, chin up, arms straight.

“Wow, that’s scary,” I say with a smile, “It took me two years to be able to keep everything perfect at the same time,”

“I do dance, you know,” He reminds me with a wink.

“But isn’t it different?” I ask, turning back to the mirror once more.

“Sort of, but it’s just the movements that are different, you still have to be in perfect symmetry.” He explains, “The moves still have to look perfect or as close to perfect, just like ballet.”

“Oh.” I mentally slap myself, that’s all I could say, seriously? I’m constantly getting congratulated on my large vocabulary and all I could think of was oh?

“Mademoiselle Callie, who is this boy in too tight pants next to you,” Madam demands, standing with her hands on her hips.

“Madam, this is Ty,” I introduce him, but her glare still remains fixed to her face.

“Well Ty, you have no time to go home and change, you will have to remain and dance how you are,” She smiles slightly, “But I must say, you are the first guy I have met that actually looks good in pink,”

He winks, “I must say that you are the first teacher I have ever seen who looks that good in black,” he replies, flirtatiously.

She giggles and almost glides to the front of the room where she claps and assembles everyone.

I slap him in the arm when she turns her back, “I can’t believe you did that, I have never seen her like that, ever.” I say, more in awe than anything.

“What? I said she’s the first teacher, you're the first girl,"

It's my turn to blush and I turn to the front of the room so he can't see my face. Hazel on the other side of me is making kissing faces and humming the song about, sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g.

"Very mature," I mumble to her taking advantage of the slow pirouette that Madam is making us do.

"You loooovee him," She giggles, turning opposite of me so she can talk back.

"Shut up," I turn again and shoot her a quick glare.

"Callie? Do you have anything you would like to share to the class? I'm sure everyone is dying to know." Madam calls from the front of the room.

From the mirror I can see Mackenzie's eyes baring into mine.

"Uh, um no. Of course not." I stutter, my eyes falling helplessly on Hazel.

"She was just saying how much she loves pirouettes, and how she wishes that she could do them more." She lies without batting an eye.

"No more pirouettes," Madame snaps, "If everyone has the time to converse while we are doing them then we obviously know them well enough. Practice your ballons. I want to see everyone hover and land gently."

"She's even bossier then Ty," Hazel grumbles, after completing a perfect ballon.

"Shh," Ty hisses, seriously getting into it.

Hazel and I stare wide eyed at each other.

"Ty, I think that gorgeous girl in the corner is checking you out," I try, doing another ballon when Madam turns my way.

"Girl, where?" He stumbles and almost collapses when he turns to the look and Hazel and I both erupt into laughter.

"I knew it couldn't last long." Hazel says through her hand which is attempting to muffle her giggles.

"You guys suck," Ty smiles, "You're just jealous that I can do a better balloon then you."

Hazel and I look at each other again and smile.

"It's a ballon, not a balloon," Hazel laughs, "But nice try hon."

"Balloon, ballon, tomato, tomahto." He replies, turning back to the mirror. "Hey, do you think my butt looks big in this?" He asks rotating so we can see.

"Oh yeah definitely," I say.

"On the edge of ginormous," Hazel adds.

"You three in the back, be quiet before I make you do push ups until you throw up," Madam squawks.

"Yes, Madam." We mumble as one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ballon: The quality of a jump by which a ballet dancer appears to pause in midair

Definition courtesy of Google.
So any thoughts?
I don't bite.
And I did write it extra, extra long.
Even though I had to stay up until three a.m. every morning for a week because of the end of semester work that needs to be handed in.
So don't you think that deserves comments?
(: