A Deadly Secret

Chapter One

Justin Bieber was sitting on the wooden porch in front of his house. He had his thin legs dangling off and swinging back and forth. It was a hot day outside and he had a large Gatorade bottle next to him. Swatting gnats and flies away, Justin frowned. Despite moving to Atlanta over a year ago and loving it, it did have it’s downfalls. The heat, the large and overcrowded city, and not being able too see his friends or family. Don’t get him wrong though, there were definitely some pros; like the southern hospitality and the beautiful girls.

This was his last week home until his huge worldwide tour started back again. He would do a few concerts in Atlanta and the adjoining cities, then he would start going up north and around the country. Then the overseas touring would begin and then on. Justin loved it though; he loved knowing that he made people feel something special inside when they heard his voices.

Scratching a mosquito bite on his leg, he chugged down the last bit of drink and swallowed. Throwing the bottle in the trash can, Justin stood up. He adjusted his shorts and wiped away the sweat from underneath his heavy bangs. It was getting too hot for Justin’s liking. Plus, it was getting darker by the second and the crickets were creating a ruckus out there. Opening the door, he walked in and slowly closed it. Smiling, he saw his mom, Pattie, sitting on the leather recliner watching TV.

“Hey mom,” he said. He sat in the love seat next to the recliner and almost laughed when he saw that his mom was watching her favorite soap opera. “Do you ever get tired of watching this? It’s not like we don’t have enough drama or excitement in our lives already? Well, at least me anyway.”

“Justin, Justin, Justin,” she started. “I’ve been watching this program before you were even born. I actually watched it with my mom as a child. I can’t break tradition now,” she said with a small laugh. She let the recliner down and turned around to face him. “What were you doing out there so late anyway? You’re probably eaten up with mosquito bites.”

“Yeah, I did get by one or two. Nothing serious though,” he hastily added when he saw him mom frown. “Geez, I thought you would be use to the bug bites by now. We’ve lived down here for nearly a year now.”

“We might have had this house for a year, but it’s not like we’ve physically lived in it. We’ve lived in the house for only like four of five months. You’ve been on tour most of the year.”

“I know, I know mom,” Justin said. “I do like living down here though.”

“I do too,” Pattie said with a smile. “But don’t get too comfortable. You start touring next week, sweetie.”

Justin’s smile dropped. It felt like he had just gotten comfortable and now he was already leaving. He reckoned that he would have to make his last week something unforgettable. “Well that’s cool, I guess.”

“Just make sure you get enough rest and sleep. If you want to start rehearsing and practicing for anything, you know who to call.”

“Will do mom,” he earnestly said. Biting his lip, Justin nervously looked around. He had had something that had been bothering him for the last couple of days and he had been meaning to ask his mom, but always lost the courage to ask her. Deciding that it was best to go ahead and ask since he would only be home for a week, Justin stood up from the couch. He made his way next to where Pattie was sitting and stood there.

Pattie sat up straight and her motherly nature took over. “Is something wrong?” She asked. By instinct, she took her hand and felt Justin’s forehead.

“I don’t have a fever or anything,” he said. He shook her hand off and flipped his hair back to it’s normal style. “I have something on my stomach that’s been bothering me.”

“What do you mean?”

Raising his white t-shirt, Justin pointed to a small purple spot on his stomach. For the last few days, he had had that strange circle on his stomach. He had no clue what it was and it always made him a little nervous when he saw it.

Grabbing him to bring him closer, Pattie squinted her eyes. “It just looks like a little bruise.”

“But I haven’t done anything to get a bruise,” Justin said. Thinking back, he did remember going to a local skate park the other week. But surely he didn’t fall down that bad? “Well, I did go skateboarding, but I would have bruised my leg or something. Not all the way up my chest.”

“Well, I must admit I’m not doctor or anything, but it looks like a bruise.”

Justin gave a defeated sigh. Maybe, and hopefully, his mother was right. “Okay.”

Worry sweeping across her face, Pattie frowned. “If it doesn’t get better by the tour, just tell me.”

“Thank mom,” Justin said. He gave her one last smile before going to his room. Plopping down on his bed, Justin rolled over on his stomach. Ignoring the bad feeling in his stomach, he threw a pillow over his face. In the next few minutes, Justin’s small snores soon filled his bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating this sooner. But I would like all of you to know that I am fully invested in this story. I just want all of you to feel something when you read this, so I hope all of you enjoy it. :)