Status: Complete!

You Wanna Hear My Side?

.013

Later that night, he offered to take me out to dinner and I agreed. We went to the same restaurant that we had on our first date and had a good time. Afterwards we went back to Val and I’s apartment and played video games until well into the night. At around 4am we were both so tired that we couldn’t sit anymore and I got him a few blankets and a pillow and he set up a bed on the couch and once he was comfortable, I went into my room and fell asleep almost as soon as I hit the pillow.

I didn’t sleep soundly for long, though. I woke up shaking and crying from a terrible nightmare. I didn’t remember what it was specifically about, but I knew that it had been scary and I didn’t want to go back to sleep. I sat in bed for a few minutes, calming myself down and wiping my tears. Once I though I was stable enough, I exited my room and quietly crept past Zack sleeping peacefully on the couch and into the kitchen to do what I always did when I couldn’t sleep at night; get a cup of hot chocolate.

I sat on the counter with my cup in hand looking out the window at the stars. I sat there until I heard Zack moving around in the living room. I walked in to see him sitting up on the couch looking up at me as if he had been about to come into the kitchen to find me.

“Can’t sleep?” he asked as I sat down beside him.

“No. Bad dream,” I said, snuggling into his side as he put his arm around me.

“Aw, I’m sorry. Are you okay?” he asked, taking my cup from me and taking a drink.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I don’t even remember what it was about, I just know that I’m tired but I don’t want to go back to bed any time soon,” I said as he handed the cup back.

“Well what if I came in there and slept in the bed with you? I could keep you safe,” he asked and I considered it.

“That could work,” I said smiling and standing up. I grabbed his hand and pulled him off the couch and into my room. I snuggled into the bed and held up the covers and he slid in beside me. I pulled him close to me and he wrapped his arms around me.

“Emma, can I ask you something?” he whispered, and I nodded. “Will you be mine? I think… I think I love you,” he said, and I pulled away the tiniest bit so that I could see his eyes.

“Yes. Yes I will. I think… I love you too, Zack,” I whispered back, making him smile. I smiled back and kissed him passionately on the lips. “You know what?” I asked once we’d pulled apart.

“What?”

“I’m so sorry that I judged you the way I did when we first met. I had no idea what I was talking about and I was completely out of line. You’re absolutely nothing like what my original picture of you was, and I am so glad for that,” I said, and he smiled down at me again.

“You’re nothing like my original picture of you either. You’re much, much better,” he said leaning down and kissing me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here it is, complete! It feels so weird to be done writing this story, I’ve actually grown kind of attached to it, haha. I will actually most likely write a sequel to it at some point, so watch out for that! Thank you all so much for reading/subscribing/commenting this story, it means so much to me and you’re all amazing!