If Opposites Attract, Then We Were Meant to Be

The Beginning

"No!" I screamed. This was the last straw, I had had it. Moving was a pain and since this was my third move this month I think you would understand. Crying I ran out to the woods which contained my special tree. This tree meant so much to me because it was where my dog was buried. My dog had been the only thing that kept me going ever since my first move and time had finally taken a toll on him, leaving me to face the world alone.
Dad had promised that this would be the last move, but apparently he had lied yet again. I used to have friends and a brother even a mom. In my life it seemed the only constant thing was sorrow.
*Flashback*
The rain pounded as I pouted. My brother had won some other award for soccer and my mom was driving him to the ceremony leaving me home, I loved soccer and just because I had broke a window I had to stay home all alone. Since I was grounded wasn't allowed to watch TV or anything so I did my homework and made a snack. The rain had always been a comfort to me so after my snack I grabbed my shoes and went outside to slash around in puddles. I timed my fun just right so I would be in the tub before my mom and my brother came home. I was out of the tub when I realized that they still weren't back yet which was very peculiar since my mom made a point to being on time for everything she was never late. After an hour I was really angry thinking that they probably went out to celebrate without me in my eyes my mother was always spoiling my brother.
A moment later I heard sirens and a knock on the door. Slowly I got up and opened the door to see a policeman who looked at me with solemn eyes. "I'm sorry to tell you this little girl but tonight your mother and brother were involved in a hit and run that killed them on impact", he said slowly. I just stared at him with wide eyes not believing what I had just been told. He told me that they needed to inform my father of the loss so I went inside and grabbed his number off the fridge handing it to the officer. I was only eight when the tragedy struck.
-End Flashback
My father had never re-married or even dated for that matter. I guess it really struck a chord with him. For now I was the only woman in his life.
This move was all because my dad was in the military and was constantly switching bases since he was an ex-general ever since he hurt his leg he did mostly recruitment work. Moving for me made me very secluded and anti-social, in fact I tried my best not to make friends or have crushes for this reason. The only upside to this move was that I was going to a state I had never been to... California.