If Opposites Attract, Then We Were Meant to Be

Is This Love?

***Billie’s P.O.V. ***
It’s been four months since school started and I’m definitely toeing that ‘more than friends’ feelings line. I keep daydreaming about her, our lips crashing into one another, whispers of “I love you” sending us into fits of giggles. Why is this happening, two months ago I had pretty much hated her until that night when I couldn’t take it anymore. I don’t even know if she remembers, but I woke up and wrapped my arms around her shivering silhouette. It had sent chills down through my body, and it made me feel like I would protect her from anything.
A few days before December started Sam got asked out, and she accepted. When she told me it felt like she had just ripped my heart out and stamped on it with metal spiked cleats. I was crushed till one night…
***Flashback***
Whenever I was upset I knew Sam would be there for me but I knew I couldn’t go to her and just be like, “I hate the fact that you’re not mine, so break up with that loser, Derek, and be with me forever!” That would put our friendship on the rocks for sure and if she didn’t like me, boy I couldn’t take it, it would literally kill me!
Sam had been to my house enough to know which window was mine, but it was a total surprise that she came over one night at around eleven.
I heard a slight tapping on my window, which by the way is on the second story! I opened the curtains to see Sam bawling her eyes out and sitting on the small ledge out side the foggy panes. “Sam what’s wrong?” I asked, genuinely concerned, as I let her in quietly.
“Oh B-Billie,” she sobbed, “Its Derek,”
“What did he do,” I could feel my blood boiling at the thought of what he could have done.
“He hit me, and then broke up with me be-because I wouldn’t make-out with him.” Sam squeaked as she continued to blubber.
“HE DID WHAT!?!” I yelled, he was a dead man. I was going to skin him alive!
“I-it was horrible” I now saw the slight hand print, a purplish color that was barely visible in the dark. “He wasn’t even d-drunk” she stuttered.
“Shh shh, its okay, you’ll never see him again. I promise. Here you can stay the night with me,” I whispered, her body trembled with muffled wails as she wept into my chest.
I handed her some extra pajamas that I had stolen out of the laundry room. They’re Anna’s so they should fit her, I thought. She changed as I turned around not wanting to be rude or make her feel violated. Even with a nose tinged pink and stuffed up, red-rimmed eyes, and clothes that were old and a bit too big she was stunning; I caught my breath as she stood in the moonlight.
We lay down in my bed after I set my alarm. I slid my arm around her waist, closing my eyes and taking in her smell. I wanted to remember this moment forever. When her breathing deepened I gave her a light kiss on the cheek and fell asleep. Dreams of her flitted through my mind all night.
-End Flashback
I was indeed smitten with her, a deeper infatuation that I had ever had. Was this what my parents had felt, her parents, was this love?