If Opposites Attract, Then We Were Meant to Be

Moving In

I spent my last day in North Carolina buying new clothes, packing, and trying to figure out what exactly I would do when I got to the state I always associated with non-stop sun and parties. What I was most curious about was the school. I know that sounds incredibly nerdy of me but for once I might just try to fit in and make friends. I was worried how they would react to a military brat who was about as conservative as it got (not by choice of course). Dad just couldn't come to grips with me being flirty or even allowed to see some skin.

The day of the move had come and I was outside at my dog's grave when my dad came out trying to shoo me towards the truck. The key word there was trying. Leaving this tree was exactly what I didn't want to do so I did what I have always done best, I took out my camera that was a gift for my eleventh birthday and snapped a shot of the grave.

If you have ever been on a road trip you know how exhausting it is to ride that car for just a few hours, but try staying in it until you lose count of how many hours. No I'm not exaggerating I just drove across the country and I don't like to sit still for five minutes let alone...like two days! The entire ride I slept, read a book, and daydreamed. Pretty boring huh, your probably wondering why I didn't listen to music but the truth is at the point I wasn't really allowed to. I call my dad the music Nazi. He does not his precious daughter to hear anything controversial or heavy with swearing.

When we finally reached our new house I jumped out truck kissing the ground screaming, "LAND! LAND!" My father just laughed and shook his head. The movers got out of the van and began unloading it until I saw the box labelled Sam's stuff in my hurried scrawl. "Wait," I cried snatching the box and running up the stairs to pick my new room. After going in all the rooms and not being happy with any of them I saw another door that I assumed was a closet until I opened it that was. "Wow," I whispered in front of me stood a long elegant winding staircase.

I had started to step on to the first step when my dad came up asking if I had picked out a room yet because the movers were getting impatient, suddenly smiling as he saw me on the stairs. "So I see that you found the room I was saving in case you didn't like any of the others," he said still smiling.

"Wait you mean this can be my room," I said dad had always known I had a love of bedrooms that seemed like towers high above the rest but always with an excellent view unless there was a really big tree in the front yard because then all you could see was leaves and branches.

"It's either this room or the basement, I suppose," he replied giving me a kiss on my forehead and continuing down the hall to an open door. Learning this good news made this move bearable.

I raced up the stairs only to be greeted by my allergies "ACHOO, ACHOO," I sneezed and sneezed and sneezed I guess I'll be sleeping in the living room for now. I walked down the stairs rubbing my eyes and wiping my nose on a tissue I found in my pocket. "Dad, which box has the dust rags and cleaners and all that stuff?"

"I think its labelled kitchen closet[i/] honey but if you need more help then just call me, O.K.?" he replied from the bathroom as he put away toiletries. The movers had left a long time ago so I just went to the garage where most of the boxes were. I opened the garage door for light and saw a very handsome boy doing the same across the street. This move just keeps getting better and better I thought to myself.