If Opposites Attract, Then We Were Meant to Be

The Jig Is Up

*** Billie’s P.O.V. ***
“Yeha I’ll call you later. Hey wait actually can you come to our show tomorrow? …Yeah you do always come I just wanted to make sure you were coming to this one. It’s our last show in Minnesota I’ll call you every day though and you’ll come visit me right? Allright I’ll see ya later then, bye.” I hung up the phone lately my calls with Adrienne had gotten longer and longer along with steadily becoming more frequent. I really liked her. Sam is really the love of my life but I don’t think she’ll ever see that. We talked less and less she didn’t even come onstage with us anymore. It was weird, like one day she decided to let us drift apart. At every show she seemed to surround herself with more and more guys. Sam never got ‘friendly’ friendly with them but they certainly had a good time. With Adrienne I felt a smaller version of what I had been feeling with Sam, it felt funny to be rushing her for a relationship but I would be leaving soon since I had milked all the shows in the state. I just don’t know what to do!
*** Anastasia’s P.O.V. ***
How to tell him, how to tell him? “Guess what Mike I’m pregnant, so which boy name do you like better Mike Jr. or Freddie?” that would be an interesting conversation. I sat on the bathroom floor just staring at the stick, willing it to change from blue to pink. From the age of twelve I had planned my life out. Find a man, fall in love, marry him, buy a house in the country, have two kids; a boy and a girl who would be named after the father and my mom. All this would take place right after I went to the college of my dreams. In all my plans not once did I think about having a child at eighteen, while not even married to the father!
*** Trè’s P.O.V. ***
This is like the biggest mall EVER! Oh my God they have a roller coaster in here! I want to stay here forever!
“You know I think Trè is liking this mall more than the girls, and you know how they are about malls!” Billie laughed with Mike as I rode the roller coaster. Everytime I would pass them I would make a different face. They just cracked a couple grins before leaving me to go find their ‘girlfriends’. I wish Billie would just ask her out already! I mostly stopped flirting with Sam a little while after our kiss, I felt only a spec of what I had thought I would feel. Starr now, she’s pretty perfect for me but I am embarrassed to ask her out. That pink hair and attitude worn on her sleave is pretty intimidating, after all she could kill me with that boomerang collection; that does exsist when we went to her house for the first time she showed it to us. Not only is she beautiful but she’s got that whole: she could keep you in-line without being a dominatrix, energy about her! My dad doesn’t believe that I would stick with her for more than a week…I don’t think anyone does.
*** Billie’s P.O.V. ***
“How about this one?” I asked Mike, pointing at the glass case.
“Yeah it’s really nice and all but I want it to be perfect,” he sighed looking at more jewelry.
“Can I help you two…gentlemen,” a saleswoman asked grimacing at us. I guess she thought two teenagers are bad news, probably looking to the place up by the end of a .45.
“Actually you can help us. We are looking for an appropriate engagement ring, size 6.” Mike answered coolly.
“Fine,” she rolled her eyes and showed Mike to the size 6 section of rings. Smooth talking, yeah right!
*** Anastasia’s P.O.V. ***
Wow! All my life I have spent honing my skills for this moment. I am shopping in the MALL OF AMERICA BABY! But there is one thinkg that can totally kill my vibe…Mike aksed me to go to dinner with him tonight after the show! I think I’m going to tell him the big news, hopefully he’ll take it well and not freak out… much. Stress after all isn’t good for our baby.
*** Mike’s P.O.V. ***
I haven’t known Ana that long but I’m pretty sure she’s the woman for me. She’s the one that makes me feel happy and nervous all at the same time. All those days I spent talking with her and getting to know her in gym class made me like her but now I know I love her and she knows it. We profess it to each other every moment, so I want to solidify that.
*** Billie’s P.O.V. ***
“Okay this song is called Only Of You,” I screamed it was nearing the end of the set, our last show here in Minnesota. As much as I wanted to I couldn’t hold off the tour anymore. Two weeks seemed like a lifetime that had canished in the blink of an eye.
I wish I could tell you
But the words would come out wrong
Oh if you only knew
The way I felt for so long
I know that we're worlds apart
But I just don't seem to care
These feelings in my heart
Only with you I want to share

The first time I caught a glimpse of you
Then all my thoughts were only of you
Woah oh, oh, oh!

I hope that when time goes by
You will think the same about me
Many nights awake I lie
I only wish that you could see
I know that we're only friends
I hope this feeling never ends
If I could only hold you
It's the only thing I want to do.

The first time I caught a glimpse of you
Then all my thoughts were only of you
Woah woah, woah woah, woah woah, woah woah!
Woah oh woah ho ho ho ho ho ho ho

“Okay this’ll be the last song of the night! Here’s The One I Want!” I gasped begining to get winded from performing for three hours with no stops.
Sitting in my room last night
Staring at the mirror
I couldn't find a reason why
I couldn't be near her

'Cause you are the one that started
To make me feel this way
And every night I'm thinking
About the words you'd say

Pictures going through my mind
When we're together
All these long and sleepless nights
Will I ever get better

'Cause you are the one that started
To make me feel this way
And every night I'm thinking
About the words you'd say
'Cause you are the one that I want
'Cause you are the one that I want
'Cause you are the one that I want
'Cause you are the one that I want

Now you know how I feel
This love is forever
You make my life seem so unreal
Will I ever get better?

'Cause you are the one that started
To make me feel this way
And every night I'm thinking
About the words you'd say
'Cause you are the one that I want
'Cause you are the one that I want
'Cause you are the one that I want
'Cause you are the one that I want
'Cause you are the one that I wahah-nt!

'Cause you are the one that I want
'Cause you are the one that I want
'Cause you are the one that I want
'Cause you are the one that I wahah-nt!”
We each took a bow as we finished the set. I stared into the crowd and smiled at Adie. I had nicknamed her yesterday when we were talking after the show. Since our arrival to Minneapolis where we played our first show she hadn’t missed a gig. Her dark dreads, that now had a few blond ones, bounced as she laughed at the face I was making at her.
I jumped off the stage and walked over to her throught the sea of party guests. “Awesome show!” she said yelling slightly so I could hear her over the CD that was being blasted, her accent sounding melodic.
“You say that everynight,” I replied close to her ear.
“Well it’s true, especially tonight,” smiling she took my hand and led me outside so we could actually hear ourselves think. Still holding hands we walked out side to the side ally type thing that separated the houses. The cool night air had made everything cold to the touch. We laughed and talked whispering silly secrets to each other as we stumbled in the dark.
*** Sam’s P.O.V. ***
Giggling hysterically I wandered outside. I wasn’t drunk or high just laughing at another one of Trè’s antics. I found myself in a back alley by the hoem the band had just played at. Glancing around at my surroundings I noticed a couple leaning against the brick wall having a little make-out session. I came closer to them out of instinct. As soon as the moon came out from behing the cloudy sky I felt my stomach drop. I felt dizzy and sick, my heart ached as I realized the couple was Billie and that Adrienne chick from the concerts. I wanted to scream, all this time I had thought he liked me, and was placing orders but no it was all her. A tear I was holding in slipped out and sat perched on the apple of my cheek. I began to run in the direction I had come from as the tear fell.
I stopped running when I reached the front of the house. Party-goers danced on the lawn with cans of beer. Some so drunk they lay sprawled on the dewy grass where they passed out. Still feeling sick I ran over to the bushes not able to hold it in anymore I threw up behind a bush as I cried. A boy next to me wiped his mouth after gettting rid of the toxins in his own body.
“Yours hawt,” he slurred looking at me with bleary eyes. “I’ll bets you got too many tequillashots huh?” his words ran together as his unfocused eyes looked me up and down.
“No. I didn’t, but I did get a rude awakening,” I replied. I have no idea why I bothered to talk to the guy. It’s not like I knew his name or he would remember let alone give any advice.
“Whyisyoucrying?’ he asked with genuine concern, well as much as he could while under-the-influence.
“I just had my heart broken,” I answered wiping away the tears.
“Oh I-ma sorry,” he nodded to me. Rolling off of his stomch to a sitting position he began to rummage through his pockets. He pulled out a pipe and a bag of pot. “This makes ya feel better,” he stated handing the drugs to me.
“No thanks, and you shouldn’t do that you know. It’s bad for you,” I said turning down the baggie of weed.
“Ok you take it and bury it sos I don’t do it no more, ‘kay?” he willingly gave me the stuff so I could get rid of it for him. Hesitantly I took it from his hand and began to bury it in the loose mulch around the bushes that concealed us. I couldn’t believe he had given in so easily to my explanation. Sure he would probably get more, but hey it was a start. “I take you home?” he quipped squeezing his eyes shut in pain.
“How ‘bout I take you home instead?” I smiled brushing the dirt from my hands.
“That too…what’s you name?” I suddenly remembered we didn’t know each others names. “I Jared,” he pointed to himself as if he were Tarzan of the apes.
“Well I’m Samantha but you can call me Sam,” I told him.
“Hmm that’s nice. Nice name,” he replied dazed and grinning just before retching again. I put my arm around his waist to help support him as we walked to his car. He wobbled and swayed, his head lolling every now and then but I managed to get him into the back seat of the little blue Camry. I helped him with the seatbelt and made my way to the driver’s seat. I called Starr, knowing she would be sober and left a message to tell everyone that I had left the party and was going back to the hotel.
Jared managed to tell me where he lived and I was happy that it was close to the hotel. I parked the car in the driveway, lugged him out and rang the doorbell leaving him and his keys with his mom. She graciously thanked me and repeated over and over, “Why can’t all girls be as considerate as you?”
*** Billie’s P.O.V. ***
We broke apart for a minute to catch our breath when our relationship was established.
“So does this mean we’re a couple now?” Adrienne asked taking deep breaths.
“No. I thought I’d seduce you into sleeping with me tonight and leave in the morning to never return,” I answered sarcastically.
“Who said I was going to sleep with you?” she retorted laughing.
“Please Adie…look at me. Who wouldn’t want to do me?” I vainly replied, rolling my eyes.
“Right, of course. I forgot everyone thinks of you as: Billie Joe Armstrong, Sex God.”
“Why wouldn’t they,” we both burst into laughing fits before starting another make-out session.
*** Mike’s P.O.V. ***
After partying a little I took Ana to a facy restraunt where I had made reservations. We chatted over dinner about everything, but all the while I was nervously fiddling with the ring’s box. I lover her and I don’t know what I’ll do if she turns me down. I just have never felt this way about a girl before.
“Ana, sweetie I’ve got some big news,” I choked after she finished her entrèe.
“I do too Mike,” she said dabbing her mouth with a napkin. “You go first though. No rush on my news.” She ended looking at me curiously.
I got up from my seat and got down on one knee in front of her. She gasped and began to cry realizing what I was doing. “Anastasia I love you so much. Will you marry me?” I asked with hopefilled eyes. She laughed tears still pouring down her beautiful face. I frowned before she began to nod and repeat, “YES, YES, YES!” over and over. Estatic I jumped and slid the ring on her ‘ring finger’, planting kissed on her forehead, cheeks, nose, and lips. I was getting married!
After people finished coming by and congradulating us I remembered Ana had something to tell me.
“So what was it you were going to tell me?” I gazed at her lovingly.
“Uh…well maybe I should tell you outside now that I think about it,” she figited twisting the ring on her finger avoiding my eyes.
“Huh, okay whatever you say let’s go,” I left the check on the table paid for and ready. We walked outside towards the bus that I had borrowed for the date and I opened the door for her, helping her into the seat. I walked around to the other side and got into the driver’s seat. Just as I was about to start the engine she grabbed my hand and I turned and faced her worried expression.
“I’m,” she took a deep breath as I leaned in closer urging her to go on. “Pregnant.” she breathed looking at me to search my face for some type of reaction.
“What?” I croaked stunned.
“I’m having a baby, your baby,” she restated as I felt totally crazy, so many emotions at once.
“I’m going to be a dad? I’m almost nineteen and I’m having a baby,” I babbled.
“I knew it you’re going to leave me aren’t you. I should get rid of it, I will! I just thought you would take some responsibility!” she flew off in a rant.
“Wail Ana don’t get rid of it. I want it I love you and I will do whatever it takes to give this baby and my new fiancèe all the comforts they need. I promise.” I swore to myself that I would keep this promise for my unborn child and future wife.