If Opposites Attract, Then We Were Meant to Be

Welcome To The Lonely Hearts Club

I am putting this message in to say thanks to all my readers because I now have 2 pages of comments *does a dance*! YAY! Well thanks and keep’m coming they keep me motivated bye. *blows air kisses*
*** Sam’s P.O.V. ***
It hurt so bad. I am heart-broken and heart-sick
From that Jared guy’s house I ran all the way to the hotel. Keeping a steady pace I jogged up the stairs not wanting to bother with the elevator, afraid to stop. I slid the cardkey into the lock and slipped silently into the room. I trudged through the dark not wanting to turn on the light and illuminate my alarming reflection in the full-length mirror. I collapsed onto the bed sobbing, cursing my foolishness. Why was I doomed to constantly feel heartache?
Wiping my running nose I crossed the room and stepped into the bathroom. My mascara streaked my cheeks, my eyes were bloodshot, my hair askew, lip gloss long since faded, nose red and running. I was a perfect mess, not like those girl on T.V. that even when they were banged up and dirty, or sobbing somehow still looked good, unnaturally, perfectly messy. I washed my face before gettting into the shower. As the steady beat of water began to hit my pale, cold skin I began to weep again. I criedn and cried feeling sick again I threw up in the shower. In disgust I turned away but suddenly felt dizzy. I sat down on the ledge that had been thoughtfully put in the shower. I closed my eyes and faced the pelting water. Tears continued to trickle down my flushed cheeks. I drifted into senarios to find the right one that would let me escape Billie. My mind suddenly remembered that I had said I would cut my time on the tour short if I got sick! It was perfect and in a way true. I noted to call and let the boys know, praying Billie wouldn’t answer. I stepped out and toweled off my dripping body. Grimacing I noticed how I couldn’t wrap the towel around my torso tighter. I dressed in my pajamas and came out of the bathroom, the steam billowing out behind me, fogging up the mirrors.
“Hey Sam! Are you alright you didn’t stay at the party very long,” Starr chirpped brightly considereing it was almost two in the morning.
“I-I’m fine. Well not really I’m sick…I’m going to go home tomorrow,” I replied my voice think in my throat as I tried to swallow, take breaths, and speak clearly.
“Aww don’t go just yet! Who will we girls ride with if you take the Impala,” she whined.
“You can ride with the guys, I’m sure there’s a little room. Hey where’s Ana?” I asked changing the subject.
“Fine. Ana? Where is she every night?” Starr answered sourly. “Mike,” we both whispered in unison.
“I don’t know why I even bother to ask…”I smiled weakly. “Listen I’m gonna call their room and tell them that I’m leaving, okay?” I quipped feeling very fatigued and teary again.
“Be my guest,” she answered, her blue eyes scrutinzing me before getting up and leaving to go to the bathroom. I dialed the room’s number and impatiently waited for someone to pick it up.
“Hullo?” Billie spoke into the reciever with effort. I gulped my voice caught.
“Bill-Billie,” I squeaked the tears coming down.
“Oh hey Sam. So watch’a calling about,” he yawned.
“I’m uh, sick. I’m going to go home tomorrow. I-I just wanted to let you know,” I mumbled.
“I’m very sorry to hear that but you will probably need your rest. I guess you’d be better off getting better at home, maybe when your over your bug you can meet back up with us and finish the tour,” he didn’t seem very sad. I guess that was it, I was being replaced under the ‘best girl friend’ category by Adrienne. I was crying again as I tried to reply. Over and over the scene of them against the wall tore me apart from the inside.
“Ye-yeah maybe…it will. Hey thank y- thanks for inviting me in the first place,” I sniffled into the phone.
“Sam? Are you okay you sound like your crying? Is there something you aren’t telling me?” Billie now sounded genuine but muffled.
“I’m f-fine. It’s just my cold making me…yeah. Theres nothing, it’s nothing, just, just my bug,” my voice wavered as I tried to hold it together. Apparently he wasn’t completely oblivious now that I was pretty obvious. “Just tell the g-guys. Tell Mike and Trè, probab- Anastasia too.” I gasped, why did he have to be the one to answer?!
“Okay, hey wait Trè wants to talk to you,” he finished, I’ll bet Adrienne is there and he wants to get back to…whatever!
“Hey Sexy! Who was that guy? Are you guys over there making like bunnies?” Trè exploded into the phone, bombarding me with questions I didn’t feel like answering.
“H-hi Trè, the guy’s name is Jared. He’s not, not over here. He was wasted so I took him to his house and ran back here. Listen I’m, I’m not feeling too hot, I’m sick so I’m going to leave in the morning and go home. I may come back, if I feel better,” I choked. My salty tears still flowed as my stomach rumbled.
“Aww no don’t go home who will help me with devious plans to drive Mike and Anastasia crazy for keeping us up all night!?” At least Trè was going to miss me.
“I can’t stay. I’m sorry Trè I just need to get away from-,” I stopped abruptly having almost revealed that I was trying to get away from Billie. “I need to get better at home.” I corrected myself just as quickly as I had messed up.
“Sam are you crying?” he whispered actually sounding serious for once.
“I’m fine, fine, it’s just this bug. It’s making my nose run.” I lied, I was almost in hysterics so my lying would have to do one heck of a job to cover my sorrow.
“Okay if you say so. Hey didja hear, Mike proposed to Anastasia at dinner!” he quickly lightened the mood, or at least tried to.
“Oh really,” I sobbed. “I hadn’t heard give them my congrats.” I didn’t want to think about happy couples or love. I wanted to infect everyone with my remorse, I wanted the world to feel my pain and shame. “Trè I’m, I’m going to go now okay I need to pack up and rest alright? Come say goodbye to me okay? Talk to you tomorrow Trè.” I hung up and crawled under the covers. I cried silently with my back turned away from Starr, I really didn’t feel like talking to anyone. No touchy-feely moments, no mushy “Oh I’m so sorry yada yada…” blech! I resolved that when I got home I would go up to my tower and never come out. I would be like Sleeping Beauty, waiting for Prince Charming to and give me this kiss of true love, one that would rescue me from my own dark, twisted mind. But for now I wait…
Just as the sun was beginning to rise I got out of bed to pack. I had been awake all night, crying on and off, till there was no tears left in my body. Millions of thoughts ran through my head, distractions trying to block the oune thing I didn’t want to think about. I would get far away from Billie in a few months. I would go away to college and he would do whatever he planned on doing after the tour. I thought that going away will let me forget him, but a small voice in the back of my head hauntingly whispered, “You know you will never be able to forget him…” It mocked my hope, I mocked my hopes.
At school I will bury myself in my studies, allowing me to focus on somethinkg. As I grow old I pray that I forget the boy, the pain, the love. The voice was right no matter how hard I try I won’t be able to forget the love, my first love.
I walked into the bathroom and sat on the toilet seat cover for ten minutes placing a towel I had wet with cold water on my swollen eyes. It helped a little but not much. Partying every night for two weeks had given me dark circles and slight bags, making me look ‘sicker’. It wouldn’t be hard now to look sick because I looked horrible. Instead of dressing neatly and well thought out I just ruffled through my suitcase till I reached the bottom where I stashed a pair of old sweat pants and one of my brother’s old baggy t-shirts. Thinking back it fit bigger now than it had in the past. I completed my slob look by not putting on an ounce of make-up and pulling my hair up into a messy up ‘do. My outside was a weak attempt to match my inside.
My stomach rumbled but I ignored it and continued to throw things around to be eventually placed in my bag. While brushing my teeth I smelled coffee. I craved the caffine like never before but I couldn’t go get a cup. The fragrace of the coffee wafted form the boy’s room. I could picture Mike standing over the coffee pot having his second cup, waking everyone up with the smell.
How is it that a person can be so attached to another without having ever beee “attached”?
*** Billie’s P.O.V. ***
I woke up just before the alarm went off blaring Love Will Keep Us Together, thanks to Mike’s obsessive caffine habits. I smiled looking down at the woman who was nestled against my chest. It had been a good night! I took a deep breath as she began to stir.
“Mmm…” she moaned as Mike turned on a lamp. Opening one eye she looked up at me.
“Hey,” I whispered.
“Morning,” she sighed closing her eye again. “Last night was good.”
“Eh, I’ve had better,” I shrugged as she gave me a look. “I was kidding. That was definitely the best going away present I’ve ever had.”
“Well it better have been,” she laughed snuggling closer to me. She looked up at me with her dark brown eyes and felt this intense urge to kiss her. I put my hands on each side of her face and she took the hint and brought her head up to meet mine. We frenched for about a minute before Trè threw a pillow at us breaking us apart.
“Get a room,” he yelled sticking out his tongue in disgust.
“Hey we’re in our room so how about you go find one since you don’t want to see us.” Adie called at Trè.
“Yeah, yeah, whatever,’’ he headed to the girl’s room, probably to see if they were changing.
“I’m going to miss you,” Adrienne spoke softly once Trè had left, her joyous smile replaced with a sullen frown.
“Likewise. You know I just feel like I’ve known you forever,” I answered sadly.
“Me too. It’s like years moved by in two weeks.”
“Exactly,”I agreed glad that she understood what I meant. “Hey I’ll call you every day, okay?” I whispered lifting her chin so we were eye to eye.
“You better,” she smiled giving me a playful shove.
“Oh no! We’re not going there,” I laughed.
“Oops, I just did,’ she did that ‘little girl who knows she’s been bad but is trying to look innocent’ look.
“Nope not going to work on me,” I resisted.
“Wee then take these,” she threw my boxers at my head.
“That’s how you wanna play, fine let’s go,” I started to tickle her mercilessly.
“Hey sorry to kill the mood and all but uh Billie you really need to get out of bed. We’ve got like a little less than two hours to pack, shower, dress, and leave. Well why are you just staring at me chop, chop!” Mike clapped, though not daring to take the covers off us.
“Fine! I’m sorry Adie trust me I’d stay if I could. I-I, I’ll call. I will call every night, okay? Bye,” I waved to her after walking her to the door and giving her a long kiss goodbye.
*** Sam’s P.O.V. ***
“Hey Sam! Sam wait up, SAMANTHA!” I stopped just before going through the doorway to the stair. Ana had been calling my name since I left the room so I finally gave in and turned around to face her. “I’ve been calling you for like every! Why didn’t you stop?” she panted.
“I didn’t hear you,” I muttered, lying through my teeth yet again.
“Oh, well I just wanted to tell you I’m going home with you,” she gave me a bright smile.
“When was this decided?” I frowned, I had really wanted to go home by myself.
“Well last night. Mike thought it would be better for me and the baby if I went home where I could be more comfortable. I’m going to set up an OB/GYN appointment when we get there, just to make sure everythings okay you know?” she patted her still flat stomach lovingly.
“Fine, okay. You can come.” I sighed, I never could say no when it came down to things like that.
“Yes! Thank you som much! Hey Sam…will you go with me?” she paused giving me a hopeful look.
“Go with you where,” I asked nervously. Hoping she didn’t say “Back to the room.”
“To the appointment,” she replied nonchalantly.
“To the OB/GYN? You want me to go with you to your…appointment?” I repeated shocked.
“Yeah you can be my support since Mike can’t go,” she shrugged.
“Alright but let’s go we need to leave now,” I stressed hoping to make it out before you-know-who came out.
“Wait what about Starr?” she stopped in mid-step.
“What about her,” I groaned.
“She’s coming too,” she turned to go get my other friend.
“Wait! Did she say she was coming or did you just sign her up to go?” I asked putting a hand on my hip.
“Does it really matter-“
“Anastasia!”
“What?! We can’t just leave her with all these boys!” she retorted. “Wait you haven’t said good-bye to Billie yet have you? I’ll bring him too.” She looked like she was getting ready to make a mad dash for the rooms and bring back who I dreaded seeing the most.
“No! I mean, I said good-bye to him already…on the phone.” I spewed, holding a hand out as if I could’ve stopped her with a reaction and sheer will power. Way to make it unobvious huh?
“Okay…whatever,” she trudged back to get Starr and only Starr muttering that the phone was no way to say good-bye. I don’t see the big deal I mean it’s not like we were breaking up or something…