If Opposites Attract, Then We Were Meant to Be

The Right Choices?

*** Trè’s P.O.V. ***
“Dude did you see Sam?” I asked Billie as we walked towards the Bookmobile.
“No why,” he grunted loading his bags into the back of the van.
“’Cause dude she looked like a total slob! I’ve never seen her like that, no make-up, loose sweat pants, too big guy’s shirt, hair in a messy ponytail; dude she looked sick!” I worriedly pictured her from this morning when I had come to give her a hug.
Dude, she is sick, that’s why she’s going home early. Remember?” Billie rolled his eyes at me apparently not seeing my point.
“Remember when Sam got the stomach flu really bad?” I questioned hopefully it would make him understand.
“Yeah, what about it?” he asked closking the trunk.
“We dropped off her homework, remember ‘cause she wasn’t allowed to come to school,” I continued.
“What are you trying ot get at Trè, just spit it our!?” he was getting frustrated, I could tell.
“She was sick but she looked like she usually did; neat clothes, soft make-up, hair perfectly done. Now she actually looks sick, I think she’s like ten times worst than when she got the flu,” I concluded.
“Wee she’s going home to get better. She’s a strong girl, she’ll be healthy in no time you just wait.” Billie confidently slid into the driver’s seat as Mike and I sat down in the back with my dad in the passenger’s seat. Billie turned the key, starting the engine but yelping in surprise as the radio turned on at full blast. It was playing that song There She Goes.
*** Billie’s P.O.V. ***
“What the-“ I turned down the volume but couldn’t change the station. The dial was stuck.
There she goes
There she goes again
Racing through my brain
And I just can't contain
This feeling that remains

There she blows
There she blows again
Pulsing through my vein
And I just can't contain
This feeling that remains

There she goes
There she goes again
Racing through my brain
And I just can't contain
This feeling that remains

There she goes
There she goes again
She calls my name
She pulls my train
No one else could heal my pain
And I just can't contain
This feeling that remains

There she goes
There she goes again
Chasing down my lane
And I just can't contain
This feeling that remains
.”
I thought carefully about the words wondering if I had made the right choice choosing Adie over Sam. I also thought about what Trè had been talking about. He was right; from what he described Sam was acting way out of character. What had caused this change? Was she really sick?, these questions buzzed through my thoughts driving me crazy.
“Hey! Hey stop! Wait, I need to talk to you!” A boy who looked like he was maybe a year older was knocking on the glass of the window, running to keep up with the van. I rolled down the window and stopped the car.
“Hey thanks! Listen is a Sam here? Or do you know how I could get in touch with her?”
“Sam? You’re looking for Sam?” I croaked. What was with the world, I couldn’t seem to get away from that subject.
“Yeah is she still staying here, or do you have her number. I want to thank her,” he puffed trying to catch his breath.
“No, she left. They’re on their way back home to Berkeley.” Mike answered.
“Does she have a cell phone number I can call? I just wanted to thank her for saving my butt last night,” the guy seemed almost desperate.
“Yeah here,” Trè handed him a slip of paper with Sam’s cell phone number on it.
“Hey thanks! Thanks a ton! By the way you guys were awesome last night, great, just great!” he beamed before starting to run in the other direction.
“Well that was weird,” Trè sounded, stretching in the back seat.
“You do realize that you just gave like a stranger Sam’s phone number without her permission.” I said looking at him in the rearview mirror. (Ha ha rearview that’s funny)
“Yeah, I figured she could use a little playing time. She needs to go on dates once in a while, you know like a normal person,” he cackled. Great now I still don’t know what to do and I think my time is up!