If Opposites Attract, Then We Were Meant to Be

Meeting Him

Staggering with the weight of the box I was carrying I made myself look clumsy tripping over my own two feet. The dark-haired boy across the street probably thought I was some sort of prissy, preppy, klutz. After bringing it inside I rummaged through its contents looking for a dust rag and some cleaner. When I found it I began to clean my new tower bedroom, it was beautiful mahogany floors which would go great with my furniture. While sneezing I noticed that I had a walk-in closet, window seat, and the ugliest wallpaper I had ever seen... cowboys! I was going to need so assistance with that.
For this task I wanted to ask the boy I had seen across the street but being me, Samantha Kratzer, shy girl extraordinaire I knew I wouldn't but I can dream can't I, so I just relied on the assistance of my father. He may not be the chance at a friend but he is a good worker. Me, I'm not so good a wallpaper stripper but I try... hard, I am going to be living in the room remember. Now I will have to go to the store and buy paint I thought to myself when all of a sudden I heard the doorbell ring. I casually walked down the two flights of stairs to answer the door. As I opened it I was met with green eyes which were clouded with emotion for a moment and then clear as crystal. The other features that went with the eyes weren't bad either. A bit short, dark unruly hair, piercings, and that whole enchilada. He was pretty hot! Definitely crush worthy, but I was having delusions of grandeur. He one: probably had a girlfriend or two: wasn't interested in an ugly girl from the south. In my mind I was in no shape or form desirable. Just plain Jane to this anything but ordinary Joe.
"Hi," he said calmly. "I just wanted to meet the new neighbors, I kinda saw you while you were in your garage and... ," he trailed off his eyes wandering.
Being in this boy's presence made me even more self-concious. I was suddenly aware of my pores, the sweat that drenched my body, my hair that had been tame in ponytail that was now askew, and in that instant I could have sworn that I had so B.O. going on, or maybe it was just my imagination going nuts having this boy talking to me.
"What did you say your name was?" I questioned him seeing how I had awakened him from his own daydream.
"Oh! Sorry I was just struck by how big this house is, you could never tell from the outside." He spoke quickly as if he were running out of air. "I'm Billie Joe... Billie Joe Armstrong or-or Billie if you'd like," was his reply. "I'm your uh-uh... "
"Neighbor?" I suggested.
"Right yea just sorta slipped my mind I swear I have ADD or something." I could definitely tell but his constant pauses made me very curious about him,
what could he be thinking and did it have anything to do with me?"