If Opposites Attract, Then We Were Meant to Be

"Well I Got No Real Excuse..."

*** Sam’s P.O.V. ***
Apparently Billie Joe has been trying furiously to get in contact with me according to my father and my answering machine. I don’t honestly care what he has to say especially if it pertains to that night at the hospital.
I’ve been back at school for a good two months but still he persists. Lizzie thinks it’s terribly pathetic and funny; as if my life is some soap opera for her.
“I don’t see why you don’t just talk to him. It might not even be about that.” She tried to reason with me as I stared at the ringing phone. I know it was him without even looking at the caller I.D. Why was he torturing me like this? Did he remember what he said and only wanted to let me know that he meant it as a brother/sister or friendly way? I could find out if I just walked over and picked up the phone.
“Just answer the phone, please! For my sanity!” Lizzie cried in annoyance.
“Drama-queen.” I muttered under my breath.
“I heard that and I think you’re one to talk!” she retorted. “I’m not the one who’s afraid to answer the phone because it, might be the guy I love, who told me he loves me back while drunk, which everyone knows is when you’re the most honest.”
“No. I’m…I don’t feel like talking can we just drop the subject please.” I pleaded.
“Um Sam, its Billie…again I have something important to tell-“the machine’s beep cut him off as he awkwardly tried to leave a message.
“I now dub thee, Queen of the Cruel and Unusual Punishment,” Lizzie said closing her book of ‘Parisian Art of the 16th Century’. “Seriously just because you’re getting married doesn’t mean you can’t go back to being his friend. I mean he only calls you every ten minutes, seems pretty desperate to don’t you think?” She did have a point…
“I’ll call him back…” I lied.
“Yeah that’s what you said the last time he called, and the last before that, and before that, and before-“she began on a long list. She could actually do this; she’s been tallying his calls since they started two weeks ago.
“Okay, okay I get it,” I interrupted.
“So call.” She ordered.
“Don’t you need to be some place…like HOME!” I exclaimed still trying the change the subject.
“How about I stay until you call.” She suggested stubbornly planting herself on my bed in a manner that said, I’m not leaving until I get what I want!
“No!” I groaned.
“Yes!” she retorted.
“…Okay!” I said coming up with a plan so that she would have to leave.
“Finally! Though I can’t believe you gave in that easy.” She cried in triumph.
I quickly picked up the phone and dialed a number. It rang three times before being picked up.
“Yes I’d like three large pizzas with one being pepperoni and one a veggie lovers, and the last just cheese. Yes I want them delivered to apartment 5A at North Heights Apartments; yes thank you very much.” I spoke quietly so Lizzie wouldn’t hear me.
“So what did he say?” She asked laying upside down trying to balance and eraser on her nose.
“Nothing, but you really need to get home a little birdie just told me three large pizzas are being delivered to your house and Amber’s not home to pay for them.” I smirked mischievously as she frowned.
“I’ll get you for this.” She called as she ran down the hall to get in her car and go home.
“Save me a piece of cheese and veggie lovers will ya?” I laughed as she flipped me the bird.