If Opposites Attract, Then We Were Meant to Be

The Morning After

Two months later…
*** Billie’s P.O.V. ***
Sixteen songs. Sixteen new songs, great songs. Green Day is going back on the road again to promote our new CD, Kerplunk!; how awesome is that?
I just realized we have a lot of thanks in the album cover. It’s more than I really ever thought I’d ever know but I guess that means we’re a little popular, who’dve thunk it huh!
On this CD there are a few songs about Adrienne; she’s such an awesome girlfriend. How I ever caught her eye I’ll never know. The first song is mainly about how far away we are from each other. I miss her…
“I propose to celebrate we get s**t-faced!” Trè shouted latching onto his current girlfriend, Lisea’s face.
“Yeah, this’ll be fun!” I agreed quickly going to go get some more beers.
“To the new album!” Mike raised his bottle and we all clinked them together before taking a gulp. We may not be world-renown but here we’re a bit infamous!
The only thing that could spoil our merriment was Ana. She and Mike had had a few arguments lately over their daughter. Ana wanted Mike to grow up and get rid of some bad habits for the baby’s sake but Mike had rejected those ideas. Maybe it was just a rough patch or maybe it was a short-lived end, none of us could really tell.
“C’mon Ana. Join the party,” Trè called but she just gave a disapproving look. “Where ya goin’?” he slurred. He’d had who knows how many beers already.
“Ana?” Mike said looking around, probably a little buzzed himself.
“Party pooper.” Trè laughed before getting off of Lisea’s lap and running to the bathroom.
“Someone can’t hold their liquor.” I teased as he came back looking sickly.
“SHUT UP! I can too, Mike go get me another,” he retorted childishly trying to regain some of his ego.
Half an hour later I was the only one still awake and functioning properly. I was drunk, yes, but I was thinking about Sam. Did she ever think of me? Does she have a new boyfriend? Why did I even bother drinking ‘cause I’m going to have a hangover tomorrow? I am an idiot. I wonder… what she’s doing right now, could she be thinking of me?
Uh oh, here it comes! I ran to the bathroom, fell to my knees in front of the toilet and spewed. Before I could flush the toilet I felt myself gag and my body tremble again so I leaned over and wretched again. I hate my life.
When I was done I got up and rinsed my mouth out with some mouth wash lying on the counter. I came out of the bathroom feeling somewhat refreshed but with a pounding headache since Mike forgot to get aspirin. I looked around at the apartment shocked by the damage. Bottles, cans, and papers were scattered around the room. Trè and Lisea were passed out, half naked on the hardwood floor, and Mike was standing up leaning against the counter asleep near a cold cup of coffee. Seeing that I snickered quietly and went to get a cup for myself to help my migraine.
Once those lights come on I’ll need some sunglasses, I thought.
“No food.” I stated aloud as I opened the refrigerator to satisfy my growling, empty stomach. All that was left in the fridge was two bottles of beer and a jar of mayonnaise. “Great,” I muttered. Mayonnaise and beer are not good together for one, but for breakfast?! I didn’t even know Mike and Ana liked mayonnaise! It must be left over from when Ana was pregnant and having all those weird food craving…gross how old is this thing anyway?!
“I’m going out for doughnuts…anyone wanna come?” I called grabbing my keys off the counter and walking towards the door. “No? Good more for me.” This talking to myself…not a good sign about my mental stability!
Wearing the clothes I had on yesterday and sunglasses I went to Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. Here I got some decent coffee and a substantial meal of six doughnuts.
Sitting by myself I had time to mull things over, mainly about Sam. How was she taking Jared’s death? I just wanted to be with her, to hold her in my arms and tell her everything would be okay. No one can honestly make those kinds of promises, but oh how I wish I could!
“Where were you?!” Mike demanded as I walked through the door of his apartment.
“Chill. Here take these.” I threw a new bottle of Tylenol at him to cure his hangover headache.
“I called you like six times!” he said once he took to aspirins.
“I didn’t have my phone; you know you sound like my mother. Actually my mother doesn’t even act like that!” I was really mellowed out now that the pain had subsided, I could even take off the sunglasses now. Ah coffee and doughnuts, the perfect hangover food and life’s cure for any ailment!
“Well excuse me fro being a little worried when I wake up and see my best friend gone after a night of getting wasted!” he retorted.
“So were you going to send out search parties to look for me in all the gutters?” Okay so I was still a little testy since I didn’t sleep at all last night. Curse you alcohol!
“C’mon man don’t be like that. You know I was really worried.” He shot back though his tone had lowered.
“Yeah, whatever.” I answered moodily.
“What’s up with you? You’re acting like a chick that’s PMSing!” he asked scrutinizing me.
“I’m sorry okay. I’m just tired, I didn’t get any sleep last night.” I mumbled rubbing my eyes warily.
“Yeah you were awake when I got up and barfed weren’t you? Did you close your eyes at all?” Mike asked quietly.
“No. I was awake all night long…just thinking. How’s your head man?” I wanted to change the subject honestly.
“Its fine, thanks for the Tylenol. Hey have you eaten already?” he started going to the fridge but I stopped him.
“Dude, all you have is beer and mayonnaise. I went out and got some doughnuts and coffee. I saved you guys some they’re on the counter.” I gestured towards the box of pastries.
“Good. I’m starving! Hey I hope you got three of the sprinkled kind, you know that’s the only kind Trè eats.” Mike laughed looking at the still sleeping Trè on the floor of the living room.
“Don’t worry I did. The guy’s a freak though, he snorts the sprinkles rather than eat them.” I answered shaking my head at him. Mike just laughed again.
***
“Oi Trè! Wake up there’s doughnuts come get’um before they’re cold!” I called. Trè twitched and snorted in his sleep before slowly rolling over and pushing himself up.
“Doughnuts?” he repeated lethargically.
“Yeah with sprinkles.” I answered. His eyes widened and he sped off to the kitchen. He’s almost twenty years old and he still acts like he’s eight or something.
“That is one of the weirdest things I’ve ever seen.” I stated as Mike and I watched Trè snort sprinkle after sprinkle.
“No way man the weirdest thing I ever saw was Stella drinking coffee. I’m serious she hates milk but loves coffee.” Trè entered the conversation after snorting one of the last sprinkles on his doughnut.
“When did she have coffee?” Mike asked sternly.
“Uh when Sam and I baby-sat her.” Trè shrugged.
“Sa-“I was cut short by my cell phone vibrating in my pocket. “Hello?”
“Guess who!” the voice on the other line giggled.
“Hey Adie!” I replied knowing my girlfriend’s voice well.
“School?” I guessed.
“Nope. Go get the door and you’ll get a surprise.” She commanded, suddenly hung up the phone. I shut my cell and walked over to the door to enter Mike and Ana’s apartment and saw Adrienne standing there.
“Hey!” I ran over and gave her a kiss and hug.
“Nice to see too!” she laughed.
“What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be at school?” I asked energetically.
“We’re out for the summer so I thought I’d come for visit.” She replied kissing me again.
“That’s great! Oh this was a good surprise!” I laughed.
*** Sam’s P.O.V. ***
“God, this year went by fast, huh?” Lizzie said as she helped me pack up my things. I was going home for the summer but then would be back in the fall.
“Promise you’ll come visit me?” I asked as we were saying our good-byes at the airport.
“Of course, are you going to do the same?”
“Definitely!”
“See you soon!” she waved as I got onto the plane from Raleigh to Berkeley. I was coming home.