If Opposites Attract, Then We Were Meant to Be

"End It Good"

*** Sam’s P.O.V. ***
The rest of the summer seemed to just fly by. The next thing I knew I was back at school with Lizzie and praying that trignometry.
Things really hadn’t changed for me well except it was a little awkward with Trè…well more so than before. Nothing a little bit of time couldn’t repair. I was still on my no dating policy and everyone was still placing secret bets on how long I would last. Not that they knew I knew they were doing it or who started it (Ana). I didn’t really care though. No relationship, equalled relaxation for me because I wasn’t trying hard to impress or catch someone’s eye all the time. Those days a Sam-Gotta-Land-A-Man were over and frankly I couldn’t be more relieved!
*** 2 Years Later…
“Can you believe graduation is only a day away?!” Lizzie excitedly asked while jumping on my bed.
“Honestly no.” I replied shaking my head. It was like only yesterday I had been applying for college. I had remainded true to my no dating policy for the past two years and now I was finally ready to break that vow. I highly doubt any of my friend’s bets came close to that amount of time but I had always been very driven and true to my promises.
Lizzie had finished with a bachelor’s degree in fine arts and I had double majored and earned a bachelor’s degree in art history and graphic design. We were both proud and ready to tackle the new challenge of the real world.
I had been working part time and saved up some money. When I got out of college I was going to move to a nearby city and rent an apartment until I got a steady job and saved it enough for a small house.
Oh! I almost forgot to mention the newly weds. Trè eloped! He and his new wife Lisea, are expecting their first child. She’s three months along and I’m sure I’ve never seen Trè happier.
***
I took a deep breath. It was a little nerve-wracking to be going out into the world.
I carefully did my make-up and put on my new red dress and black strappy stilettos. I was ready to march up the stairs to get another diploma.
“Hello?” I flipped open my cell phone while on the way to the ceremony area.
“Hurry up they’re getting ready to start if you’re not here in like-“ Lizzie cried into her phone.
“Calm down. I’m on my way, I’ll be there in like five minutes alright, I promise.” I quickly giggled before hanging up the phone. I quickened my pace slightly but in heels, let me tell ya that is a difficult feat.
“Finally! I thought you weren’t going to make it in time.” Lizzie ran up and gave me a hug as I ran and grabbed a seat.
“Thanks for the positive thoughts.” I laughed sarcastically.
“Well, are you ready to do this?” she asked.
“Ready as I’ll ever be.” I smiled brightly.
The graduation ceremony went along as planned. There was my dad snapping away pictures like a madman. I shook hands and received my diploma just like I had done four years ago; my lips pulled back into a grin with all my teeth exposed.
“Congradulations class of ’94!” the headmaster boomed, his chest swelled with pride and all the graduates whooped and hollered and tossed they’re caps.
In the end it was a perfect end to another special day for my memory bank.
*** Billie’s P.O.V. ***
Adrienne Illene Nesser is the love of my life and I want to solidify that. My fingers moved across the keypad swiftly as I dialed her number. After two rings she picked up.
“Hey hun!” Adie mused.
“Baby, I-I need to ask you something.” I stuttered, extremely nervous about what I was doing.
“Okay. Sweetheart are you alright?”
“Adrienne, come out here. Come to California, move in with me.”
“Oh! Yes of course! Of course I will! I can’t believe this! I’ll be, I’ll see you tomorrow then!” I have to admit I let out a sigh of relief. Now I’ll I had to worry about is her answere to another super important question.