If Opposites Attract, Then We Were Meant to Be

Safeway and Deals

*** Billie’s P.O.V. ***
“Oh, oh really?” I mumbled. Was I really going to be a dad?
“Yeah but you know it could be a false alarm.” She stated trying to be reasonable.
“Let’s go down to Safeway then, we can get a couple pregancy tests to be sure.” I smiled hopefully.
“Yeah okay c’mon.” she put on some shoes and I got dressed so we could go find out if we were really going to parents.
***
“Positive, positive, positive!” Adie wore a huge grin. I picked up the three test again and looked at them not believing.
“Wow! I’m going to be a dad!” I was so happy, nothing could spoil this moment!
*** Sam’s P.O.V. ***
“This is so nice!” Lizzie squealed. We were looking for an apartment near hers and we thought we may have found the perfect one. It was roomy, I could paint it, and it actually had a full kitchen not one of those usual half kitchen things that apartments usually have. I think the best part was that I could afford it!
“I’m so getting it!” I shouted. Before I knew it I was getting the keys handed to me and I was moving my stuff in.
***
“Hey Liz, I’m going to go home to California to pick up my car. You want to come and keep me company?” I asked cheerily about two months later when I was completely settled in and had earned up some vacation time at work. It would be the first time I would be seeing my friends in a very long time.
Sure, I called them on the phone at least once a week, more if I got a chance, but it just wasn’t the same as talking in person, face-to-face.
“How very short notice of you.” Lizzie said eyeing my bags.
“Yeah sorry. But to make up for it I’ll help you pack!” I really wanted her to come with me. Lizzie hadn’t ever met my dad, Starr, Ana, Stella, Lisea, or seen my old house. I wanted to share those things with my friend who had stuck by me for four years. She had only been to California once for a day and there was no way that was enough time to see everything great there was. Back home, I kinda need to stop saying that, well thinking that, huh? I mean this is my home now.
*** Billie’s P.O.V. ***
Well Adie my wife looks great! Her pregnancy bump is pretty small since she iss only in her second month but it definitely makes her glow. She’s not so happy about the morning sickness or the getting fat part but she, like me, is excited and terrified about this new addition. We’ve bought an apartment and are already buying some furnishings for the baby’s room.
I really hope that when Sam finds out she won’t be too mad. And that finding out part may come sooner than I thought since her dad told me she’s coming for a visit tomorrow.
***
“Don’t forget we’ve got a gig tonight and next week were going on a small tour.” I reminded the guys as they were packing their stuff after band practice.
“Alright, see ya later Bill!” Mike called out his window as he drove away. Trè mimicked his exit…sort of. As he left he flipped me the bird and yelled, “Bye B***h!” I went inside chuckling. Ring! Ring! Ri-
“Hello Billie Joe Armstrong speaking.” I said answering the wall phone.
“Hello Mr. Armstrong I’m from Dogbreath Records and I was calling to see if you and your band might come down for a business dinner where we could discuss your signing to our label.” The man on the other line drawled. He had one of those big corprate boss sounding voices.
“Yeah man, not thanks we’re good the way we are.” I replied before hanging up the phone. That was weird. What did people like that guy want with Green Day? Were we really getting that big?