If Opposites Attract, Then We Were Meant to Be

A War Inside Me

***Billie’s P.O.V. ***
Well that was fun. Though I have to admit the guy was way p.o.’d when we told him no. Apparently when a company spends their money to take you on a week long vacation to Disneyland you’re sort of expected to gladly accept a major label recording contract. Our bad!
***
“Hello Mr. Armstrong, I’m with Columbia Records and I was calling to see I could persuade you to come down to our studio for dinner tonight.” A deep voice droned through the phone, another person calling, trying to sign us.
“Um… can I talk to my band before giving you an answer?” I was in shock. This was like the twentieth corporate guy who was calling to sign Mike, Tré and I. If we signed we would be kicking ourselves out of Gilman Street, our friends would quickly become our mortal enemies. How do you decide to leave your home?
***Sam’s P.O.V. ***
With a jolt I woke up. Sweat crept down my back as I tried to remember why I had woken up. Nothing, no talk could be found in even the farthest memory banks of my mind.
I scanned the room and saw that the sun was rising, could I have really slept that long? I’m sure my dad was frantic with worry. I had fallen asleep before I got a chance to call him and let him know that Lizzie and I had made it back safely.
Stretching I got up slowly and padded to the bathroom. I started the faucet and leaned over the sink’s basin splashing the cold water onto my face, rinsing off the salty droplets off my cheeks. The water was like ice and I let out a small gasp as it touched my skin. I finished washing my face and turned the knob shutting off the stream of water.
I looked into the mirror. A pale girl’s watery gaze met my eyes. The lack of sleep revealed dark circles under her eyes. They seemed to stand out on her nearly translucent skin. There was no pink color to her cheek bones. The only hues to her features were her blue-grey eyes and dark lashes. A few bangs slipped out of her loose bun and came to rest on her forehead.
It seemed like this girl was a separate person. I knew that it was me only because her movements matched mine. I felt as if it had been years since I had looked into the mirror and actually saw myself. I frowned and tore my eyes away form the sight. Something deep in my head still wasn’t happy with what it saw.