If Opposites Attract, Then We Were Meant to Be

Suprise Visit

In the twenty minutes I stood outside talking to Billie I learned quite a lot of information. I found out that his cat, Zero, went missing a few days before my move here, that he enjoyed music to the fullest extent , and his best friend Mike was convinced dogs were going to take over the world. Well I guess that doesn't sound like a lot but trust me it is. You go eight-almost-nine years without learning anything besides a name about a person!
Billie had gone home at the sound of his mom yelling across the street to "Stop flirting with the neighbour girl and to get your butt back over here for dinner!" I believe were her exact words. "So will I see you tomorrow?" he questioned as he began to walk across the street.
"Yeah," I sighed at his retreating back.
"Sam... , Sammy wake up buddy!" I opened my eyes to see my father looming over me and poking me in-between my eyes (immature much?). Yeah this was probably the reason my mom married him because he is just a kid trapped in a grown ups body.
"Ugh," was my answer to his incessant poking as I turned over onto my stomach
"Sorry I don't speak cave language," he said giggling.
"How many cups?" I said as I shot up now in a yoga position (propped up on my hands and arching my back).
"What?" He said clearly confused.
"How many cups of coffee have you had today," I slowly restated.
"One," he replied adverting his eyes from mine.
"Dad," I warned using that tone parents use when they know there kids are lying.
"O.K., three, but that's 'cause some kid came over about two hours ago asking for you," was his smug reply clearly pleased with himself for having an excuse.
"Billie came over at... " I glanced at my alarm clock that was positioned at an angle on the end table (I slept on the couch). "FIVE IN THE MORNING," I screamed.
"Yeah, that was my ear" my dad said placing his pinkie in his ear and jiggling it around trying to regain regular hearing.
"Sorry," I replied remembering my indoor voice.
"WHAT! I CAN'T HEAR YOU," he shouted at me.
"Right here dad," I said gesturing to myself.
"I know," he answered happily. "Just returning the favor"
"Gah, you are so immature! So back to Billie why exactly did he want me at five in the morning" I asked very intrigued by the boy next door.
"He said he wanted to hang out, but start the day as early as possible because it was going to be fun-filled and action-packed," he said gesturing wildly at 'fun-filled' and 'action-packed'.
"And what did you tell him?" I questioned sternly.
"I said you were still snoring up a storm in the living room... "
"DAD!" I cried.
"What I thought you would want to know what I really said so there you go. Ha ha that rhymed so go so go so... " he laughed clapping his hands.
"Focus Eric!" I said snapping my fingers in front of his face and using gasp the first name!
"Right ok, wait since when do you call me Eric?" He asked getting off subject again.
"Since now. Now where was I... oh yeah you don't tell a hot guy 'I'm snoring up a storm' its-its just not done." I guess this is why teens are always mad at their parents, or refuse to go anywhere with them. I thought.
"Well excuse me for trying to talk at five in the morning. And ponder this, what I said was not as bad as it could've been. I 'd been planning on saying that you were drooling a lake, but no I thought that would make you very angry which we all know I didn't want that so I didn't, happy now?!"
"Thank you, thank you, thank you for not saying that. Daddy I forgive you for saying something embarrassing I know that it's just your nature. We all have a part in this world and for parents that part is to embarrass your children without realizing." With that said I gave my father a quick peck on the cheek and scurried upstairs leaving him to come up with a clever remark that he would save till later.
I began my day with a shower. The water warmed my naked body pleading me to stay in until I looked like my grandmother... pruney! I switched off the taps as I stepped out of the tub and grabbed two towels. One I wrapped around my body and the other to tie up my dripping hair. Walking out of the bathroom, that was conveniently located in my unfinished bedroom, I began to look through my drawers to find something to wear. I settled on a pair of boyfriend jeans and my brother's old club soccer try-out shirt. I blow-dried my hair and then straightened it. My hair was naturally stick-straight but on occasion it needed a little encouragement, especially when I just stepped out of the shower. My face, ugh! Another thing to add to my list of extra boosts needed. It screamed for cover-up to hide the bags that had formed from exhaustion and little stress zits that had popped up over night. Today I would be picking up primer, paint, rollers, trays, and tape. Dad drove me down to the nearest hardware store where we bought the necessary supplies then a few others that weren't on my mental list. After words we were off to the organic market since we needed food unless we planned to: a) become anorexic and die or: b) eat clovers, berries, and nuts the rest of our lives. I carefully chose all that food that was good for you that we were going to need. Mostly herbs, veggies, and fruits. I cooked most of it anyway. I'm a vegetarian so the things I pick out fully contrast with what my father picks out (veggies vs. meat). He tends to fill the fridge with the meat works which includes: turkey, ham, salami, jerky (he freezes it don't ask), and venison (just go ahead and shoot Bambi why don't you).
I hadn't eaten breakfast yet so I tore into one of the packages that contained tomatoes once we had gotten settled in the car. Pulling a fresh Roma tomato from its packaging I proceeded to shove it into my hungry mouth before I passed out or dry heaved from lack of sustenance. That small morsel gave me an adequate amount of energy I knew I would need to continue our shopping spree. This day just seemed like it would never end! After the non-stop purchasing I was so tired that I felt as though I could lie down in the middle of the street and go to sleep. I would be so at peace I would never wake up. And this day just keeps getting better and better! I thought. I still had to paint!
"No. I refuse to paint my room today dad I'm so tired and I don't want to make mistake while I still reside in this haze!" I screeched adamantly.
"Well I could do it if you want... " he began.
"No I want to have a say in what it looks like and I don't want to sit around and rest while I know your still slaving over the walls for me. We both are about to fall out anyway and you know it," I then noticed out of the corner of my eye that my dad had fallen asleep right there! His head propped up by his hand and his other was resting on the island's countertop. I smiled vowing not to wake him up. I would make myself small salad with a sandwich of peanut butter and banana. Preparing the meal was no problem. After I had eaten I wrote a quick note on a post-it and stuck it to my father's forehead. It read:
Dad,
I've already eaten but I left you some salad in the fridge along with a T.V. dinner on the counter to thaw. (That's your queue look down by your elbow or maybe the floor) Anyway just pop it in the microwave and please read the directions first remember last time (queue flashback)
Love,
Sam

I ran up the stairs to my room (that was still unpainted) and found one of the boxes the movers had brought up and hurriedly ripped off the tape to find what I desired... my yoga mat. If you have read this from the beginning then you probably think I am some sort of hippie, well I'm not sorry, I just enjoy the feeling of relaxation I get before I begin my rigorous activity which will consist of crunches, lunges, and running the neighborhood, that is until my dad has finished moving the exercising equipment down stairs to the basement to serve as the home gym (I know big house I think its like four floors, and I still can't find the attic. I know there is one because I've seen pictures of it and it will be the recreation room.)
While I stood balancing on one leg and counting my breathing I heard the door bell ring. My eyes snapped open as I fell over startled by the sudden noise that shattered the silence. I shuffled over to my window and looked down at the front door. I stifled a laugh when I saw who it was. Standing there was Billie Joe Armstrong wearing only towel around his waist.
"Samantha! Can I use your shower please my sisters stole the ones back home and I need to get ready to go down and help my mom at the restaurant!" he asked frantically. My eyes noticed the pleading look on his face.
"Sure, just uh don't get caught by my dad... actually just use the one in my room, here" I stammered grabbing his surprisingly damp hand. "You're wet!" I exclaimed trying to keep my voice low.
"Yeah I know Holly demanded that I get out of the shower I was in because she had a date with some boob." He answered shivering.
"Come on I'll show you to my room" I forcefully gripped his wrist as we ran up the stairs to my room.
"Thanks again for this" he said giving me a toothy grin as he was about to close the door.
"Just take your shower Billie!"
"Oh right five minutes is all I need" I began before I shut the door in his face.
*** Billie's P.O.V. ***
Man, Samantha really saved my butt. If she had said no, I don't know what I would have done. The only thing that struck me as odd was the feeling of electricity that shot through my fingers when she grabbed my hand. It was a feeling that I really liked, a feeling that I wanted to feel again.
*** Samantha's P.O.V. ***
Just as Billie promised within five minutes he was fully dressed and on the way down the stairs thanking me all the way till he reached the front door. We said our goodbyes and I closed the door on his retreating back his goofy grin on the top of my mind the whole way to the bathroom to clean up a mess I was sure Billie had left in his haste. As I crossed the door frame I was greeted by the bathroom exactly as I had left it-spotless. Even during the rush he had kept everything in order. I turned to face the mirror and saw my organizer lying open next to the sink, an uncapped pen resting on top of its pages. I approached it slowly as if it were a bomb, unsure of what I might find written in it. Three drips of water were soaking through the thin pages and there hastily written in the margin was, 555-4825 Call me tomorrow! Well he certainly had things working out for him didn't he? When my head hit the pillow my thoughts were still focused on that crazy boy that lived next door.