Status: Active- slowly

All Figured Out

It's Not the Same

Alex Gaskarth has been depressed lately.

He couldn't eat, he couldn't sleep, and he definitely didn't have as much energy as he usually does.

The only time his band mates saw him have any energy anymore was on stage. Alex didn't want the fans to know something was up.

Rian knew something was seriously wrong with Alex. Even in high school he wasn't this bad; He was usually pretty good at hiding the fact that something was wrong, but not now. He just seemed like he didn't care if someone knew something wasn't right.

Jack was more then worried. Alex was his best friend. They were like peanut butter and jelly, they told each other everything and now Alex could barely look at him. He didn't know whether is was just the way Alex was acting of if Jack did something to make the singer upset.

Zack was worried as well, but like usual he didn't exactly say anything. He had problems of his own to deal with and so far Rian was the only one who knew about those.

Alex had assured them countless times that none of them had done anything wrong, and that he would be okay eventually. But yet they weren't so sure they believed him.

~~

Tonight though, Alex was worse then usual.
Everything was setting him off and he didn't know why.

Jack had asked if he wanted to go get something for dinner while they had an off day in Hawaii, and Alex had ran into the bathroom and locked the door before he could let his best friend see that he was about to cry.

"Alex? Are you okay man? I'm worried about you." Jack knocked on the door lightly, while on the other side Alex was sliding his body down the door to sit himself on the ground.

"N-no. I-I'm fine..."

"Lexi, are you...Are you crying?" Worry coated Jack's voice and both men could hear it.

Alex couldn't stop the tears from falling now, and he knew they wouldn't stop anytime soon.

He scooted himself forward slightly and turned so he was facing the door, his legs crossed underneath him. He reached up and grabbed the knob, turning it and opening the door to reveal himself to a less then excited Jack.

As soon as Jack got a look at him though, he couldn't keep down the gasp that worked its way out of his throat.
Alex's eyes were already beginning to look red and puffy, and his entire body was shaking on the cold bathroom floor.

Dropping to his knees, Jack pulled Alex into arms, letting him sob into the crook of his neck.

Tentatively, Alex wrapped his arms around the young guitarists neck and let out the tears that he'd been holding in all day.

Jack was more confused now then he ever remembered being in the past. He wanted to ask Alex what was wrong, but he knew that would only make matters worse.
He was stupid sometimes, but he wasn't stupid enough to look past the fact that his friend needed him right now, without all the questioning.

~~

Alex was sitting in Jacks lap now, clinging to him for dear life.
Jack held him around the waist while Alex was curled up on Jack's straightened legs.

Alex himself became more calm the more Jack rubbed soothing circles into his back.

And as Alex's tears began to come to a stop, the door was thrust open.

"Dude, does it honestly take 15 minutes to ask Alex to come to dinner with us? Unless you guys are doing something else, and in that case I'll leave." Jack could hear Rian in the doorway, but Rian couldn't see them in the bathroom around the corner.

Alex started to whimper at the sound of his name and Jack felt a single tear trickle from the singers eye and down his neck.

Rian heard the noise came from the bathroom, and he turned the corner to see what it was.

He was shocked to find Alex in Jack's lap, and he knew Alex had finally cracked. He knew in the back of his mind though, that it was only a matter of time before Alex couldn't handle it anymore.
He supposed he sent Jack back to his and Alex's' shared room at the right time.

"Alex? Jack? Guys, what's going on?"

Alex lost it again, clutching Jack's shirt, wretched sobs filling the hotel suite.

"What the fuck Rian," Jack scolded, rubbing Alex's back comfortingly once again, "Lex, you gotta calm down buddy, you'll cry yourself sick again."

Rian looked at his friends sympathetically, knowing full well that he shouldn't have said anything in the first place.

"Sorry..." Rian walked out of the bathroom and out of the suite, shutting the door tightly behind him.

He found Zack sitting outside their room across the hall.

"Hey, is everything okay? I heard crying."

Rian looked at Zack and rubbed the back of his neck, sitting down beside the bassist.

"Uhm, Alex finally cracked dude. Jack's worried he'll get sick again."

Zack sighed, "He's already sick Ri. He needs help."

"Well who's gonna help him Z? It's not like we can just leave tour all of a sudden and go MIA while Alex gets fixed." He kept his voice calm while he spoke.

"I'm not saying that Rian. And don't talk about him like he's some damn toy," Zack's voice raised one octave, "He needs us to help him."

Rian sighed and leaned his head back against the wall.

"I guess you're right. What are we supposed to do though?"

"I don't know Rian. All I know is, I want Alex back. The Alex I fell in love with. This ones not the same."
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, there's the first chapter.
This is my first try at slash, so don't hate me.
I'd really love feedback,and even if you click the comments tab and write me one word I'd love you forever.
And I'll give you a cookie, or comment on any story you want me too. Really, I'm desperate for comments :)