Status: Active- slowly

All Figured Out

It's Okay Now

Zack found himself stopping in the grass behind the stage looking around frantically for any sign that Alex could be out here.

On his way out he found Jack and Matt walking back to the stage, and Jack had told him that Alex pushed him away, wanting to be alone.

"He looked like he was about to punch me in the face, so I just kinda left him somewhere," Jack had told him, "I mean, I don't want him ruining this pretty face."

Matt apologized to Zack for 'being an ass' as he put it, and told him that he attempted to fix things with Alex, but Alex was being less then cooperative.

Now, Zack didn't know where to look. Alex came outside, but there was so many possibilities of places to go.

Zack walked towards a small alley that crew members would often set instruments until show time, thinking that Alex could be in there somewhere

He knew he was right when he heard a slight whimper, and he knew who's whimper that was.

Walking through the alley, he looked behind a drum kit to find Alex curled into a ball on the ground.

His hair was a mess and his face was stained with tears. His clothes were already dirty from the dirt he was laying in, and his beanie was lying in a heap beside him.

The sight made Zack's heart break.

All he wanted to do was hold Alex and tell him it'll be okay.
Much like a mother would hold her child.

Because that's how Alex was acting right now. Like a helpless child who just wanted someone to love them.

If only he knew. Zack thought.

Alex's sobs slowed slightly, and he sat up to see Zack standing above him.
Zack offered him a smile, crouching down to Alex's level.

Alex rubbed at his eyes harshly with the back of his hand, trying to get rid of the tears that rolled down his red cheeks.

Tentatively, Zack reached up with both hands and slid his thumbs across his friends cheeks, wiping his tears away, only to be followed by a fresh river of more tears.

The only thing Zack knew to do was wrap his arms around the singer in a hug.

Alex wouldn't have it though. He pushed Zack away, grunting as he did so, and turned away from him, facing the wall.

Zack put his hand on his friends shoulder, pulling on it gently. But Alex shrugged him off, almost like if Zack touched him he'd come down with a contagious disease.

"Alex," he whispered, putting his hand on his shoulder again, "Alex please look at me."
Zack's voice cracked at the end, tears threatening to spill over. His chest tightened as he felt his heart break again at Alex not wanting him here.

Alex turned to look at Zack with a glare, his eyes softening instantly when he saw the sad look in Zack's eyes.

Zack was actually worried about him. He and Zack got along, and they were great friends, but they didn't usually get the chance to talk to each other alone, much like he and Jack used to do every day until Alex got 'sick'.

Maybe this was a chance for him to talk to Zack.

"What do you want?" He didn't mean for it to sound so harsh, but that's how it was said, and that made Zack even sadder.

"I was. I j-just. I-I'm worried about you." He moved his hand off of Alex's shoulder and sat down next to him, bringing his knees to his chest.

"I know that." His voice was calm now, and for that Alex was grateful. He didn't want to upset Zack.

Zack frowned, "I want to help you. Not get help like Matt."

Alex smiled. Not a full grin like Zack was hoping to get from him, but a smile none the less.

"I- I um, appreciate that Zack. Really."

Zack smiled at him, happy to almost have Alex back.

~~~~~

"Finally! You were out there for 20 minutes." Jack screamed, handing Alex his guitar, which he replied to Jack with a thank you.

Jack glanced at Zack and raised his eyebrows, as if to ask 'What did you say to him to make him so peppy?'
Zack just smiled at Jack, shrugging his shoulders.

~~~~~
Alex was happy that the fans didn't mind the wait, and with that said, the show went smoothly. However, he wasn't exactly in the best mood to meet the fans, so he went back his hotel room with Zack following behind him.

"Um, Zack. I kinda wanted to be alone." Alex looked down at his feet with his hand on the door knob to his room, fully intent on going to sleep.

Zack looked at him sadly, "Oh. Okay. I-I'll go then..."

As Zack turned to walk to his own room, he felt a cold hand grab his.

"Thanks," he turned to look at Alex, "For today. It um, really meant a lot. That you cared enough to come find me."

What Alex did next though, shocked both young men.
Alex wrapped his lanky arms around Zack's waist and laid his head on his clothed chest.
And Zack wrapped his arms around his friend, happy to have the close contact.

"You're welcome. I just want to see you happy again." Zack whispered into his hair.

"I love you Zack." Alex said, pulling away to go into his room.

He whispered a quiet goodnight to Zack before shutting the door behind him.

Zack knew there was a totally different meaning behind Alex's words then there was behind his own.

For what seemed like the millionth time that night, Zack felt his heart break once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one makes me sad a little...Just a little.
I wasn't sure how it would go. But, I wont be able to update until tomorrow so I wanted to give you guys something a little special.
17 subscribers..Yeah. I'm happy. But if you haven't already, click Subscribe. It takes 5 seconds :P

Thanks for commenting:
Bull.
Ultraviolet Light
SkaSki
ElieBel
Danny Worsnop
MeBeManda?
Ali'sHellzAngel
sydneyraex3

I freakin love you guys.

Comments are love :)