Status: Completed

Wake Up Call

I Wanna Fall So In Love, With You And No One Else

Alexs POV
I walk into school and the first person I see is Jack staring directly at me. I quickly turn on my heel and walk down the other hallway. All of a sudden I'm squished by two bodies "ALEX I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" I look up and see Paul. I try to turn the other way and see Martin. "Hey guys." Martin plants a sloppy kiss on my cheek. "We all thought you were dead. You've been gone for so long." Martin says as I wipe the mess left off my face. "I'm obviously alive. Hey have you guys seen Kyle?" I ask. "Uhh yeah he's over... there." Paul points at the drinking fountain. Kyle and Caleb are standing there swapping spit. I cringe. "Yeah see you guys later? Lunch?" I walk away to Kyle and Caleb. "Alex!" I hear someone calling my name. I decide to ignore it. Whoever it was I don't really care. "Alex!" I hear them scream again. I sigh and turn around. "What?" I sigh again as Jack pushes people away. "I was uhh, wondering... if.. you kinda wanted to get back together? I mean yesterday and..." Jack nervously says. I look down. "No. I don't." Which was a complete lie. "Jack, you broke my heart. And I get that you still have feelings for me but... I don't want to get hurt again. I don't want to hurt you either." Jack nods and walks away. I turn around and Kyle and Caleb are just staring at me in shock. "Ky-" "Don't call me that." Kyle says sternly and walks away. "Sorry about that Alex. He's been like that since your accident. Really pissy." Caleb rubs the back of his neck. "I should get to class." I turn around and walk to homeroom.

Jacks POV
I really thought he was going to take me back. “Hey Jack!” I turn around and see Stella. “So uhh, when are you-“ “I’ll do it later, Stella. Okay? I’m not in the mood right now.” “Why? What’s wrong?” She says curiously. “I pretty much asked Alex if we could get back together.” Stella’s face lights up a little bit. “But he said no.” “I’m sorry to hear that.” The bell rings signaling that we’re going to be late. “Later.” I walk away and walk to homeroom.

I sit between Zack and Rian at lunch. “What’s wrong Jack?” Zack asks. “Nothin.” “Stop lying. What’s up?” Rian asks. “Alex pretty much rejected me.” Zack stops chewing his food and looks at me. “Why would you do that?” Zack asks with a full mouth. “Because before his… accident he said that he still had feelings for me.” Rian sighs “Sorry man.” “I thought he would take me back…” Zack swallows his food “You don’t need him. You have us. That’s all you need.” “Hey babe.” Kara kisses Rian’s forehead. “Hey! Uh later guys.” Rian stands up and walks out the lunchroom with Kara. “So anyways, remember my ex Stella?” I ask. “Yeah, why?” “She’s into you.” Zack quickly gets up and heads over to Stella. I sit at the lunch table by myself. My two best friends left me for girls. And the guy I’m completely in love with hates me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: Walls - All Time Low