Tasting Fame

Tasting Fame - Johnny Christ [18]

FF 1 MONTH - LAST DAY OF TOUR - ZACK'Y P.O.V.

I can't believe tonight's the last show of the tour. If you could even call what we've been doing for the past two fucking months touring. It was more like a two month-long soap opera. From Becca and Aileen getting kidnapped on the first night, to Jimmy almost killing himself on a four-wheeler, then Johnny cheating on Becca, then me having to kick the shit out of my girlfriend's step-father. Heh. Yeah, that part was the highlight of the tour.

I am currently backstage getting all my make-up on. Matt's doing his push-ups and his vocal warm-ups at the same time, Jimmy's twirling his drumsticks while sitting on the couch with his leather jacket and no shirt on, Brian is quietly plucking random guitar strings, and Johnny's doing ..... whatever the fuck he does before shows.

"Alright, we're gonna head out now," Becca said as she hopped off the couch.

"And where the hell are you guys going?" Matt asked.

He hasn't been the same since we talked to the label a few days ago. For one crazy-ass reason or another, they want us to play The Art Of Subconscious Illusion tonight. We tried to tell them that we can't play that song without Valary, but, by the time we knew about it, they had already talked to Valary, and she agreed to show up for 15 seconds. I can definitely fucking tell that Sarah is pissed. I really fucking hope nothing goes on tonight.

"Well, we are gonna be in the crowd tonight. It's your last show, and we've watched them all from the stage. I'm ready for a new fucking camera angle myself," Acey said as she stole one of Jimmy's drumsticks and began twirling it like him. He's been teaching her how to do it, and she's gotten pretty good.

"Hey guys. Sorry that I'm late. Traffic was a bitch."

I turned around to notice Valary had just walked into the dressing room. Sarah got an evil look on her face, as did Becca. Oh shit.

When no one spoke to her, Valary just sat her bags down next to the stage entrance and went over and sat down next to Matt on the couch. I could tell he was uncomfortable as fuck, sitting between his girlfriend and his ex.

"Matt, baby, aren't you gonna say anything to me?" Valary said sweetly. It made me wanna fucking puke.

"Nope," he said as he got off the couch and went into the bathroom, presumably to throw up.

"Valary, " I said as I walked over to Becca and sat on her because Johnny was having a hard time holding her back from killing Valary, "let's get one thing straight. As soon as you're done with your 10 second part in the song, we want you out of here. Nobody fucking wants you here, and it would just be better if you left afterwards."

She looked at me with a look of pure hurt or hatred, I couldn't tell which. I think it made Becca happy because she smirked and quit struggling.

"Alright dickheads. It's time to do this shit," Jimmy said as he got off the couch, ripped off his jacket, and, after a 5 minute chase, got his other drumstick back from Acey.

"Matt, get your ass out of the bathroom! We're on!" I screamed as I banged on the bathroom door. A few seconds later, Matt, for the next hour and a half, M. Shadows, stepped out of the bathroom, fully dressed with his aviators on and vampire fangs in.

"You all remember the plan, right?" he almost growled.

"Yeah," we all said in unison.

"Do I get to know?" Valary asked sweetly, standing up.

"Actually, you need to. We're gonna open with Beast and the Harlot instead of To End The Rapture. Then we're gonna play The Art Of Subconscious Illusion, and fucking get that over with. And once your part is over, you're outta here."

Valary looked hurt. Sarah pulled Shads into a kiss and a satisfied look spread across her face when she noticed the scowl across Valary's own face. It made me wanna laugh really fucking hard.

"That's enough of that! Now let's get ready and go out there. It sounds like the crowd is gonna start killing each other if we don't hurry," Brian said as he went over to Shads and Sarah to pull them apart.

After they were apart, we all got in a little huddle and flashed our "World Domination" sign at each other. We broke apart and noticed that all the girls except for Valary had left the room.

"Where the fuck did the other girls go?" I asked.

"Don't know, don't care," Valary said as she stood with her arms crossed.

"You're a bitch, you know that? I don't know what I ever saw in you."

Everyone's jaw dropped at Matt's comment.

"You guys better get the fuck out here or we're gonna cancel your show. Your fans aren't gonna like it," the stage manager of the venue said.

BECCA'S P.O.V.

I was so excited to be in the front row for this show. It's gonna be fucking insane. And if Valary tries anything during Subconscious Illusion, I might have to kill her. I've never seen Sarah this mad before. Well, I've only known her for a little over 2 months, but still.

"I wonder if the guys have even noticed that we left," I asked as I braced myself against the barrier. People had already started pushing each other around, and I wasn't gonna get pulled into a pre-concert mosh pit.

"I think they do, considering they're glaring at us from side-stage over there," Acey said as she pointed somewhere.

I looked over to the left side of the stage and, sure enough, the guys were all glaring at us. They didn't say anything because they knew that it was too late to get us out of the crowd. I wouldn't let them anyways.

A few seconds later, the lights went dim, and the familiar Beetlejuice theme started resonating through the speakers. Jimmy came out first, without a shirt, earning a loud scream from the crowd. Brian came out next, followed by Zacky and Johnny. The loudest scream of all came from the crowd when Matt walked out. I was so proud of my brother for all he's accomplished with the band. Hell, I was fucking proud of all of them for not earning themselves permanent seats in the County.

Pretty soon, the guys had started up Beast and the Harlot, and I was thrashing along with the other girls and the crowd behind us. Some idiot next to me tried to start a mosh pit in the front row. I kicked him, and then turned back around to notice that Aileen and Acey were the only girls standing next to me.

"WHERE ARE KAITLYN AND SARAH?!" I screamed in Acey's ear.

"THEY'RE OVER BY THE SIDE OF THE CROWD! THEY SOMEHOW GOT PUSHED OVER THERE BY THE PITS!" she yelled back.

I looked over and noticed that they were alright, then I went back to enjoying the show. A few seconds later, the song ended, and then Matt spoke.

"You guys are fucking awesome! (crowd screams) Alright. We're gonna play and old song for you. We'd only play it for you guys, cause the home crowd represents! (more crowd screaming) This song is off Sounding The Seventh Trumpet, and it's called The Art of Subconscious Illusion."

About a minute and a half into the song Valary walked on stage, and the crowd erupted with screams, although I could tell she was pissed off because of what happened earlier.

Right before her part came up, Zacky tossed her his mic, and she started screaming her part. Although I don't like the girl, I must say that the way she sang her part is very scary and intimidating. But she doesn't need to know that.

After Val was done singing her part, she threw, literally threw, her mic back at Zacky and left the stage. A satisfied look spread across my face when she left, and I'm sure Sarah had one too. I had no problem with her before she broke up with Matt. Well, Matt broke up with her, but I loved her like a sister before then.

See, Matt told me a few weeks ago why they broke up. He was drunk, and doesn't remember telling me. Anyways, it turns out that he was driving to her house in Napa Valley on their way home from the last tour, and caught her cheating on him. I wanted to beat her ass so bad.

I was so wrapped up in my thoughts about my brother and how I wanted to brutally kill his ex, that I wasn't aware a mosh pit had started behind me. I grabbed onto Acey's right arm with my left, and grabbed onto Aileen's left arm with my right. We were holding onto each other for dear life because we were all afraid of falling under a mosh pit.

The guys had started Unholy Confessions, and that's when things in the crowd started getting really intense. The crowd surfers got more plentiful, and I ended up getting kicked in the face by one. Johnny saw it, and I could tell he was concerned, but I just sent him a look that told him not to worry about it.

Before I knew it, the back of the crowd pushed forward and into the front row, causing the barrier to fall onto the floor, and the entire front row to go with it. I closed my eyes and held onto Acey and Aileen for dear life, fearing that if I let go, I would lose them. I could no longer hear music, but I wasn't sure if the guys had stopped or not. I did notice, however, that the moshing had stopped.

The guards had managed to get most of the front row back off the floor and were working on getting the barriers back up.

"Shit! Are you ladies alright?" said an unfamiliar voice.

Acey, Aileen, and I were still on the floor, as we had been stomped on like woah, and were hurting. The unfamiliar voice hoisted the three of us off the ground right as the guards managed to get the barrier put back up.

"Thanks for helping us. You're a lifesaver," Aileen said as she hugged the man.

"It's no problem. That's what I'm here for. By the way, my name's Jake."

Jake was kinda short, maybe shorter than Johnny. He was wearing a bandana around his head with a white trucker cap, and imitation Aviator shades with a pair of jeans and a Slipknot shirt. To be honest, he kinda looked like a mini version of my brother when he's M. Shadows. He hugged Acey and then me.

"Well, Jake, where are you from?" I asked as I wrapped my arms back around the barrier.

"Kansas," he replied.

"Why the hell are you all the way out here for a concert?" Aileen asked.

"Well, my friend, Carl, and his girlfriend, Whitney, are obsessed with Avenged Sevenfold. They wanted me to come with them, so I did, because I have nothing better to do," he said with a smile.

Suddenly, one of the security guards came over to me and told me that I was wanted backstage with Aileen, Kaitlyn, Acey, and Sarah, due to the request of the band.

"Can I bring a couple people with me?" I asked the security guard, who's name I found out was Mike.

He talked into his radio, then someone replied to him.

"Yeah, they said that's fine. But we gotta hurry up and get you guys out of the crowd before the show starts back up."

I grabbed onto Aileen and Acey with Jake behind us, and we made our way to the left side of the stage. Along the way, Jake found Carl and Whitney, so we brought them with us. They were ecstatic that they were gonna meet Avenged Sevenfold.

We made it backstage where all the guys were re-grouping.

"Don't you ever fucking do that shit again!" the guys said as they ran over to us and engulfed us in hugs.

"Jesus, Johnny ..... you're squishing me," I croaked.

"Sorry. But you had me worried to fucking death. I got so pissed at that guy when he kicked you in the face, you have no idea. And when I saw you three fall on the barrier and the crowd climb in top of you ..... I was so scared. Babe, I'm just glad you're okay," Johnny said as he hugged me again. Zacky and Jimmy were on the other side of the room checking to make sure Aileen and Acey were alright.

"Well, we have Jake here to thank for that," I said as I turned to introduce my three new friends.

"The one who looks like Matt is Jake. The other guy is Carl, and that's his girlfriend, Whitney."

The guys all said hi and thanked Jake for helping us. After about 5 more minutes, Matt, Jimmy, Johnny, Zacky, and Brian went back on stage and continued the show. Us girls, Jake, Carl, and Whitney all sat around on the couches to talk.

"These guys are pretty good," Jake said randomly.

"You've never heard them before?" I asked with a shocked expression.

"Nope. Well, I've heard some of their stuff from being at Carl and Whitney's place, but I could never really get into them. But after seeing their show, they definately have a new fan."

"So, how do you guys know the band?" Whitney asked.

"We're dating them, obviously. I'm with Johnny, the short one. Aileen there is with Zacky, the one with the septum piercing; Kaitlyn is with Brian, the one that is wearing the Fedora hat; Acey is with Jimmy, the tall skinny drummer that was wearing no shirt; and Sarah over there is with Matt, the lead singer, who's also my brother."

I knew that, from what Jake had told me, Carl and Whitney probably already knew everything I had said about the guys, but explained it in detail for Jake's benefit.

"Wow. You guys are so lucky," Whitney said as she lit a cigarette, the rest of us following suit.

About 45 minutes later, the guys walked off the stage drenched in sweat and out of breath.

"I told you that show would be fucking insane," Jimmy said as he grabbed some water.

"So, where you guys from?" Matt asked as he sat down, gesturing to Jake.

"Kansas," he said.

"Cool," Matt said as he put his arm around Sarah.

"I never thought I'd ever see the day when I'd meet someone that was shorter than Johnny," Zacky said as he laughed and shook Jake's hand. "I'm Zacky ..... and that hurt, motherfucker!"

Johnny had punched Zacky in the arm after he made the comment about his height.

"Aww, did Zacky hurt your feewings?" I asked.

"Yes he did," Johnny pouted and came over to the couch, pulled me off, sat down, then pulled me on top of him. I gave him a kiss. That always makes everything better.

"Forgive them. They have no consideration of others. Sorry to cut this wonderful fucking ..... whatever you call it ..... short, but we got some fans to meet, then a road to hit," Jimmy said.

"God, Jimmy. The least you can do is sign their shit. You know, since they saved your girlfriend and all," I said.

After the guys signed some shit and took some pictures with Carl, Whitney, and Jake, we made our way outside where the two groups went their separate ways.

There were so many fans outside waiting for the guys, that Sarah would only let them sign stuff for the first 250 people.

Once the little meet-and-greet thing was over, we made our way back onto the bus, where I found Kitty on the couch, seemingly asleep on a sheet. Everyone else walked to the back to watch a movie as I walked over the couch to pick Kitty up and put her in her bed, but noticed that she was covered in a wet, sticky substance that I quickly recognized as blood. I could feel the color drain from my face and tears start to fall when I saw a note taped to the back of the couch. I ripped it off, and quickly read it.

To Whoever This Fucking Cat Belongs To-

This is what your precious singer has driven me to do. I hope this cat belongs to Sarah. She deserves it for everything she did to me. Everything she took from me.

And if I can't have Matt, then no one can.

*Valary DiBenedetto*

I let out an ear piercing scream that I'm sure could've woken up everyone who was sleeping in Nevada. Soon after my scream, everyone else ran into the front to see me on my knees and crying, holding Kitty in one arm, and the note from Valary in my other hand. Matt took the note from me and showed it to everyone after reading it himself. Johnny wrapped his arms around me and brought me up off the floor. Jimmy took the blood-soaked sheet off the couch and, with some difficulty, took Kitty from me and wrapped her back up in the sheet, then went with Zacky and Matt to dispose of Kitty's body. I fell onto the other couch as I continued crying. Johnny sat next to me, then pulled me on his lap as he gently rubbed my back and stroked my hair.

A few minutes later, Zacky, Matt, and Jimmy walked back through the bus door.

"You guys ready to leave?" the driver, who's name was Earl, asked.

"Ummm, yeah. I think we're ready to leave now," Matt said as he sat next to me.

"What...did...you...do...with... Kitty?" I asked between sobs.

"Don't worry, Bec. We took care of her," Matt said reassuringly.

I didn't feel like being around anyone at the moment, so I went to my bunk. I stripped down to my underclothes and climbed in, shutting the curtain and grabbing my IPod from the shelf. I put the earphones in and turned the volume on full blast. The perfect song for me to listen to right now would be Tears Don't Fall by Bullet For My Valentine. It just seemed like the song I should listen to at the moment, even thought the song was talking about something completely different than what I was going through. I put the song on repeat, and quietly sang the words.

"There's always something different going wrong.
The path I walk's in the wrong direction.
There's always someone fucking hanging on.
Can anybody help me make things better?

Your tears don't fall.
They crash around me.
Her conscience calls
The guilty to come home.
Your tears don't fall.
They crash around me.
Her conscience calls
The guilty to come home."

After the song restarted for the fifth time, I felt the bed shift and someone start to plant kisses on my neck. I took the earphones out and slowly turned to face Johnny. I could barely see, as I had been constantly crying since I got back to the bus.

"You're gonna go deaf listening to your music that loud. You know that, right?" Johnny asked as he stripped and climbed under the covers.

"I don't give a shit right now," I said truthfully.

"I know you're upset right now, but that's not gonna change what happened, and it's not gonna bring back you cat. Once we get home, we'll think of something. Don't worry, babe. Valary won't get away with this," Johnny said as he kissed me, then layed down and pulled me up to lay on his chest. I turned off my IPod, and put it back on the shelf. I went to sleep about 20 minutes later as I listened to the steady beating of Johnny's heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok...I'm gonna say this one time, and one time only. I have nothing against Valary DiBenedetto. This is just the way she is portrayed for my story. So please don't send me hatemail because of the way I make her out to be.

Chapter 18. Please comment!