Tasting Fame

Tasting Fame - Johnny Christ [02]

BECCA'S P.O.V.

"Damnit, Kitty, leave me the fuck alone!"

I screamed at my cat for pawing at my face for the third time that morning. I checked the clock, and the time read 10:37 a.m. I realized that any attempts to get back to sleep would futile, so I decided to get up and take a shower.

I picked out some plain black boxers, an Avenged Sevenfold shirt, and my Avenged Sevenfold hoodie, along with a clean bra and pair of underwear, and made my way to the bathroom that's in my room. For some reason, the shower felt better than normal. You know that clean feeling that you get after you take a shower when you haven't showered for like, 2 weeks? That's what it felt like. And yes, I do know what it's like to go for 2 weeks without a shower. I went on Warped Tour in 2003 with my brother and his band, and I took a shower once every other week, twice if I was lucky. Hardly anyone on the tour took a shower. To be honest, I took more showers than anyone else.

After getting dressed and putting my hair into a messy bun, I decided to go make myself some breakfast. I peeked into Zacky's room to see if Aileen wanted anything to eat. She was still sleeping and I decided not wake her. She had a rough night, and I figured that I would see her later.

When I got to the living room, I noticed this funky smell coming from somewhere. It smelled, literally, like shit. I used my amazing senses and found the source of the gnarly smell. I immediately realized why kitty was even in my room in the first place. See, she's kinda like a guard-cat. She sleeps in the living room to watch the door when I'm home alone, and only comes into my room when she's done something bad like knock something over, or use the couch as her own personal litter box.

And this wasn't just any ordinary pile of cat shit. I'll spare you the details, but it was some nasty stuff. I let Kitty into the back yard, quickly cleaned up the cat mess, and opened the windows in the living room and the front door to air out the smell.

"Ahhh. I love the smell of the air the day after a good hard rain."

I closed the door, but left all the windows open so that the wonderful air freshener that my Kitty left for me would fizzle out.

I was feeling pretty flipping hungry, so I decided to make myself some scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, and some pancakes. I made some extra, just in case Aileen decided to wake up sometime soon. I piled my plate with some breakfast, got some orange juice and headed to the living room, turning the TV on. I was flipping through the channels, when I saw some familiar faces on a show on MTV.

"Holy shit!" I screamed as I choked on some egg.

"What the hell is going on? Where's the fucking fire?" Aileen slurred as she hurried down the stairs, pulling on a pair of pants, that were still unzipped, over her already laced up Vans.

"Sorry. I didn't realize that I was being so loud."

"Well, you fucking were, now what the hell were you screaming about?"

"Look at the TV and tell me what you see."

"OH MY GOD IT'S MY FUTURE HUSBAND! I SLEPT IN HIS FUCKING BED LAST NIGHT! HAHA! SCREW ALL YOU FUCKING GROUPIES! BEAT THAT SHIT!" Aileen screamed as she ran over to the TV and started humping it, where Zacky's form had been only seconds before.

"Remind me to clean the TV later."

"Bite me, Bambi," Aileen retorted.

"What's your brother and the rest of Avenged Sevenfold doing on TV anyways?"

"I have no idea. Matt said that they didn't have another TV show appearance until after they got off of tour. Let's listen......."

Tv show announcer: "So, M, what does the band plan to do after your recent tour is over?"

Matt: "Well, our tour ends in a few days, then we have a little time off. So we're all gonna go back to our house in Huntington Beach that we share with my little sister who's 19. Then we have another tour that starts in November, and it's just non-stop from there."

Announcer: "That's kinda weird, isn't it? I mean, 5 guys sharing a house with 1 girl? You can't tell me that nothing goes on."

Matt: "Well, aside from the fact that you're asking something very personal, and the fact that I would kick anyone of these guys' asses if they tried anything with her, I can honestly tell you that my sister isn't a huge party girl. Yeah, she likes to go out and have fun on weekends, but it's never anything out of control. Complete opposite of me."

Zacky: "He's right. She's a very down-to-earth girl. She's a good girl. Hell, I tried to get her to sleep with me one time, and she turned me down. She's still a virgin!"

All the guys had shocked looks on their faces. Johnny shot Zacky a weird look, and Brian and Jimmy just stood there, laughing their asses off as Matt punched Zacky really hard in his shoulder.

Matt: "Dude!"

Zacky: "What the hell was that for?"

Matt: "For trying to get my sister to sleep with you."

Zacky: "I was kidding! That punch really hurt, dude."

Matt: "Man, that was totally not cool. You better hope that she isn't watching this right now, or she's gonna kick your ass when we get home."

Zacky: "No she won't. She's never out of bed before 2 in the afternoon anyways. But maybe I'll put a cup on before I go through the door when we get home. Just in case, you know."

Announcer: (laughing) "Okay, well that was a very interesting segment. We'll be back with more from the guys of Avenged Sevenfold right after this."

------end of show------

Aileen and I just stared at the TV with our mouths wide open. It's a good thing that Aileen hadn't been eating any breakfast because the stuff that I had been eating was now all over the floor, and hers would've been, too. I, once again, began choking on my eggs. Aileen lightly slapped my back while I took a sip of my juice.

"I can't believe Zacky just said that about me. On national TV! Matt was right. I'm so gonna kick Zacky's ass when they get home. There might not be anyone left for you to marry when I get through with him."

"Let me fuck him at least once before you take away his ability to ever father any children!"

"Honey, you gotta meet him first. Besides, after what just happened, I'm not making any promises. Hey, I feel like going shopping. Hurry up and eat so we can get ready and leave."

"I'll just get something while we're at the mall. Plus, I'm not really hungry right now."

"Okay, just let me go change and do the make-up thing and then we'll leave."

"Okay. I'll clean up down here. Hurry up!"

I went up the stairs, skipping them two at a time. I stripped down into nothing but my underclothes, and I pulled on a pair of dark blue jeans, a clean black t-shirt and my black and white Converse. I decided to keep my make-up very simple. Just some foundation, black eyeliner on the bottom lid, and some clear lip gloss. I pulled on my Avenged Sevenfold hoodie, grabbed my wallet, car keys, and cell phone and headed back downstairs, where Aileen was tapping her foot and waiting for me impatiently.

"You are the slowest mother fucker in the world when it comes to changing your clothes. Now can we please leave?"

"It always takes me forever to change, you know that. Now shut the fuck up and let's go. Do you wanna take your car or mine?"

"We can take yours. I don't feel like driving right now. Plus, I can get a little more sleep," she said with a death glare aimed in my direction.

"You're a bitch in the morning's, you know that? Let me feed Kitty, and then we can leave. Here, take the keys and go start the car, and I'll be out there in a sec."

I gave Kitty a dish of fresh water, and gave her a packet of wet cat food, cause she won't eat anything else. After making sure everything was straightened, and I had my cell phone and wallet, I headed out the door. I locked the door, hopped into my car (which is a black Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible, and the top is brown with all brown leather interior)where Aileen was already fast asleep, and peeled out. Aileen woke up with a start, mumbled something about being a bitch, put in Waking The Fallen, and turned up the volume while slowly drifting back to sleep.

Traffic was worse than normal that day, as the CD had already started playing Clairvoyant Disease by the time I pulled into a parking space at the mall. I shook Aileen to wake her up, we got out of the car, and we locked the doors, then went inside. We went to the only store that we ever go to, and that's Hot Topic. They had some cool new pants, and Aileen needed some new ones. Hers were getting pretty ratty.

"Look at these bondage pants, Becca. They're totally cute!"

The pants that she had picked were black bondage pants with a teal-colored lining, and the actual straps were chains. They were cute.

"Go try them on."

She went into the dressing room, and while she was in there, she kept muttering random obscenities because she had a hard time figuring out how to get them on. When she got them on, she came out and looked totally hot.

"Aileen, you look hot, may I say. You're getting those, right?"

"Of course. Aren't you gonna get anything?"

"Maybe I'll get this. Ooooh, it makes me happy!"

I had picked out a pink and black corset. It looked kinda dressy. I decided to get it. For clubbing' and special occasions, you know?

We went up to the counter to pay for our stuff where we found that the cashier was looking very down.

"You alright? You seem kinda upset," I said to her.

The girl looked to be about 23 years old, about 5'10, gray-ish colored eyes, and she had shoulder-length black hair with random lime green streaks in it. She was very cute.

"I'm okay, I guess. I had a huge fight with my friend today, and we're not friends anymore. Just kinda still thinking about it. I'm sorry. You probably don't care about my problems."

"Nah, it's cool. It's nice to finally find someone who's halfway sane around this place. What's your name?"

"Alexx Summers, but everyone calls me Acey. And you guys?"

"Well, my names Rebecca, but everyone calls me Becca, and this is my best friend Aileen."

We all took turns shaking hands, and exchanged phone numbers so that Acey could hang out with us sometime. We planned on going to the movies tomorrow night, and since Acey was off work, and neither me nor Aileen had jobs, we decided to take Acey with us.

"We'll call you tomorrow to give you directions to our house. Later!"

"Later!" I heard Acey scream back as Aileen and I walked out of the store.

"Well, what we just did seemed to brighten up Acey's day a little bit," Aileen said.

"It sure did. Matt's gonna kill me when he finds out that I bought this corset," I said to Aileen.

"He'll think it's too skimpy, then he'll try to hide it from me so that I can never wear it. I love him for being so protective of me, but it can get a little annoying sometimes."

After we left Hot Topic, we went into Spencer's. I bought some rings, and a chain necklace that locked with an actual lock, and Aileen bought a hella cool pentagram with little blue stones in it. We left Spencer's and decided to grab some lunch, and then we left.

By the time we got home, it was 3:30 in the afternoon, so we just decided to chill.

We decided that were gonna have our own little movie night. We called Acey around 7:30, and since she was already off work, she came over and hung out with us. We got dressed in our pajamas, ordered a pizza and watched some movies.

"So, Becca. You guys live in this huge house all by yourself?" Acey asked.

"No, my brother and his band mates live here too."

"Really? He's in a band? That's awesome. What's the name of their band?"

"Avenged Sevenfold."

Acey dropped her pizza on the floor.

"No! Not on my white carpet!" I screamed.

"Who's your brother?" Acey asked me, in a voice barely above a whisper.

"M. Shadows." I said, like it was nothing.

She turned to me with her jaw dropped to the floor and her eyes wide open.

"You're......fucking.....kidding me?"

"Nope, Acey, I'm afraid I'm not."

"Why didn't you tell me that before?"

"Okay, I'll tell you the same thing I told Aileen. She didn't find out about who my brother and his friends really were for the two years that we've known each other. She just found out about them last night. Anyways, I felt that I should keep the information about who my brother and his band mates really are strictly on a need to know basis. You seem like a cool girl, so you're probably gonna hang out with us a lot. And since you're gonna hang out with us a lot, I felt that you needed to know about my brother and his band. Don't worry. I'll introduce you sometime."

"Awesome. I will love you forever when you introduce me to them. Oh, hey. Since I don't know the roads out here really well, do you mind if I stay the night?"

"Sure that's fine with me. Do you care Aileen?"

"Why do you care what I think about her staying the night?"

"Cause it's your house now too, dumbass."

"Oh, cool. Do you have any extra clothes with you?."

"Yeah, I think I have one of everything in my trunk. It's such a mess, but, yeah, I have some clean clothes back there."

"Ok, cool. Yeah, it's fine with me if you stay, Acey. Becca and I are starting to get a little lonely around here."

"Cool!" Acey and I said at the same time.

Halfway through the movie "Stigmata", at about 2:30 in the morning, we were all getting a little drowsy, so we decided to call it a night. We cleaned up our mess, and headed to bed. Aileen headed off to Zacky's room, Acey headed off to Jimmy's room, and I headed off to my room.

"Zacky's in for a big surprise the next time I see him," I said to myself before drifting off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 2. Please comment!