Tasting Fame

Tasting Fame - Johnny Christ [21]

FF TO DEC 31 - BECCA'S P.O.V.

*crack, crack, crack, crack, crack, crack, crack, crack, crack!*

I jolted awake and ended up falling off of my bed, landing face-first on the floor. I waited until the loud noise died down before getting off the floor and searching for the source of the noise.

After a few moments of searching, I noticed a small firecracker underneath my open window. That's funny. I don't remember opening my window. I slowly walked over to the window and looked out into the back yard to notice Jimmy lighting another firecracker then looking up to throw it into my room. I quickly dashed away from the window before he saw me.

"I'm gonna kick his ass," I thought to myself.

I made it to the bottom of the stairs before I heard the second firecracker go off, and that just made me even more pissed off. Johnny, Matt, Sarah, and Acey were in the living room talking and just stared at me as I made my way past them and into the back yard.

"Rebs, what's wrong?" Matt asked.

I glared at him and didn't answer, then turned back towards the sliding back door. When I got outside, I saw Zacky and his brother Matt facing away from me, and Jimmy on the other side of them, facing me, lighting a third firecracker and attempting to throw it in my room once again.

Just as Jimmy had lit the firecracker and drew his arm back to throw it, he spotted me, and his face fell immediately.

"Shit, guys," he said.

Zacky and Matt quickly spun around, and their expressions soon resembled Jimmy's. I slowly walked towards them, pushing Zacky in the pool once I got close enough. Matt was smart enough to run inside before I could get to him. I turned to Jimmy, but my thoughts of vengeance were interrupted as the firecracker suddenly went off.

"Fucking son of a bitch!" he yelled, throwing the spent firecracker onto the ground as Zacky climbed out of the pool.

"What is it with you and your friends pushing me into the pool?" he asked as he started to remove his clothes.

I just smirked and then turned back to Jimmy to inspect his burned hand.

"That's what you get for being an asshole," I said as I guided him inside the house.

"What the fuck happened to you guys?" Johnny asked as everyone else appeared in the kitchen, staring at Zacky, Jimmy, and me.

"These assholes were throwing firecrackers into my bedroom through my window. I went outside to kick their asses. Zacky's brother had enough sense to run before I could do anything to him, I pushed Zacky into the pool, which is why he is in his boxers right now. I didn't do anything to Jimmy because the last firecracker that he was gonna throw ended up exploding in his hand," I said with a chuckle.

Everyone just laughed at Jimmy, and he flipped them all off with his free hand as I was cleaning his burned one.

"We're home, bitches!" I heard Brian call from the front door.

He, Kaitlyn, and Aileen walked through the door with groceries in their hands, but suddenly stopped at the site of Zacky standing next to me in just his boxers while I was holding Jimmy's hands. We could all see the confused looks on their faces, so Matt and Johnny told them the story. They too laughed at Jimmy, then the guys began getting everything ready for the barbeque. Brian would be the master griller tonight, and, frankly, he's the only one that we'd trust with it. Zacky may be part Italian, but he can't cook worth shit.

While Brian was getting everything ready on the grill we all decided to go swimming during the wait. Jimmy and Zacky decided that they were gonna blow some more stuff up first.

"I'd think that you would have learned your lesson when a firecracker exploded in your fucking hand, not even 20 minutes ago," Matt said with a laugh right before jumping into the pool.

Jimmy just smiled while he and Zacky continued to mess with the little metal sparklers. They took about 60 of them and tied them together with electrical tape. Zacky set the finished product on the ground, and Jimmy lit it. As soon as it was lit, the both of them jumped into the pool to avoid getting their faces blown off.

"You guys might wanna back away from the edge there," Jimmy said.

Everyone was in the pool except for Brian, and we quickly backed away while Brian just stared at the pile of metal from the grill. And soon enough, the pile of sparklers erupted in a small but powerful explosion. It shook the ground and I could feel it from where I was standing in the pool.

"Holy shit! That was awesome!" Johnny said. "Where did you guys learn to do that?"

"It was some time during the days of our delinquency," Zacky said.

"That's an awful big word for you, Zacky," Aileen said.

"And plus, Zacky. You guys are STILL in those days," I said.

Everyone laughed at my comment and went back to swimming. We swam around for a little while longer, and it wasn't until about 7:30 that Brian announced that the food was all done. And, may I say, he did an excellent job with everything.

Acey was really showing that she was pregnant. Not in the stomach, but with the way she was eating. We could all definately tell that she was eating for two. And she's already getting her cravings. Like, the other day, she woke Jimmy up at 3 in the morning to go get her some Butter Pecan ice cream and some dill pickles. She's getting her cravings really early. It varies with each woman on when their cravings hit and such.

Anyways, we all sat around and talked some more until we noticed that people around us were shooting off their own fireworks. I went with Acey and the rest of the girls to set up chairs on the front lawn while the guys went to fetch the fireworks and some lighters to light them with.

To be honest with you all, I've never shot off fireworks on New Years. Only on the fourth of July. And this year was going to be the first year that I was going to have a boyfriend AND be with him on New Years. Okay, that will be enough of that.

As the night went on, I just sat back and watch the fireworks. I love to watch them. I'd rather watch than set them off to tell you the truth.

After setting off one of those things that explode in the air into several different colors, Johnny walked over to me and gave me a peck on the lips, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Thank you," I said smiling.

"Why aren't you setting anything off?" he asked, smiling himself. I wonder sometimes if this man could read my thoughts.

"Well, I like watching them more than I do setting them off," I said truthfully.

He sat in the chair next to me and grabbed my hand and held it as we watched the rest of the guys shoot off what we had left.

Zacky decided that he was going to light a roman candle. When he did, he held it up and shot it into the distance. It was a 10 shot roman candle, but only nine shots came out. For some reason, Zacky was really mad about it. He was banging it against his hand, and shaking it around everywhere, trying to get the last fireball out of the candle.

Finally frustrated enough to the point of pulling out his hair, he threw the remains of the roman candle onto the ground, muttering a few curse words. He gave it one final kick, and the last ball of fire came out of the roman candle, and shot off in the direction of Brian, who was bent over the cooler, trying to retrieve a beer. The ball of fire hit him right in the ass, and he fell over the open cooler lid.

He started running around the yard, screaming like a little girl.

"Help me Dr. Phil! Help me Oprah! Help me Tom Cruise!" he yelled.

We couldn't help but laugh at his antics as he sat in the cooler and a little steam rose from out of the cooler and he shut his eyes in relief as his ass came in contact with the cool ice.

After a few moments, he slowly opened his eyes, to glare at a mortified Zacky who was standing in the middle of the driveway looking like a deer in headlights.

"You bastard!" Brian shouted, and he jumped up from his spot on the cooler and began to chase Zacky around the yard.

"Come on, you immature assholes. We only got 5 minutes left until midnight," Acey said, taking a seat next to Jimmy as they laced their fingers together.

We all decided to lay on the lawn and stare at the remnants of the neighbor's fireworks.

"Zacky, where's your brother?" I asked, realizing that I hadn't seen him since he was throwing firecrackers through my window.

"He went home a little bit after you found out we were throwing shit into your room. He had just come over to steal some condoms."

I just laughed at that. You could definately tell that the two shared the same blood.

"Ten seconds, motherfuckers!" Jimmy yelled.

Johnny and I sat up in our spots on the lawn and he pulled me to rest between his legs, and wrapped his arms around me. As the rest of the gang counted down, he placed his hand on the side of my chin and forced me to look at him. As the countdown got nearer to the end, our faces inched closer and closer together.

Right after they all said '1' is when our lips touched. He brought his hand to the back of my neck as the kiss became deeper. I had totally forgotten about everything else that was going on around me at this point.

He parted my lips with his tongue as he turned me around in his lap so that my legs were wrapped around his waist. When things were getting a little heavy and my breathing was to the point where I could barely breathe at all, we pulled apart and rested our foreheads together.

"I love you," I whispered.

He opened his eyes and stared into mine as he gave me another peck on the lips.

"I love you too," he said as he stroked the side of my face.

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!"

I layed back onto the lawn to notice everyone else standing around us. And they were staring.

"It's not nice to fucking stare," I said.

Everyone just laughed at me. Johnny stood up and offered me his hand to help me up off the ground. I dusted off my pants and linked my arm with Johnny's as everyone made their way back into the house.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not even remotely tired right now," Zacky said as he came out of the kitchen with a huge bottle of Jack Daniels. As everyone grabbed their alcoholic beverage of choice, and made their way into the living room, I grabbed a small empty soda bottle and went back into the living room with everyone else. I stole the bottle of Jack from Zacky to fill my bottle up then grabbed a shot glass from the couch-side table after giving Zacky back his bottle of Jack Daniels.

"You remember what happened last time you drank that shit?" Zacky asked as I sat down and poured myself a shot.

"Yes I do, and I'll kindly thank you to stop fucking reminding me," I spat as I downed my first shot.

Then I downed my second one, and everyone just looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You're not gonna chase that?" Kaitlyn asked.

"Ummm, no. Why would I chase it?"

She just shrugged her shoulders as everyone went back to watching the random movie that was on PayPerView. Zacky, however, continued to stare at me.

"What the hell are you staring at?" I asked as I poured myself another shot and downed it.

"I've never seen a girl drink straight Jack before," he said as though it were the coolest thing he'd ever witnessed.

"Well, now you have. Now leave me the fuck alone and drink your own damn whiskey!" I said with a laugh.

He rolled his eyes at me and walked into the kitchen to return later with a couple more handles of JD. The first bottle was already getting low from the other guys taking shots. Even though I had only had three shots myself.

"You know what?" Brian said. "This is boring. Let's play a drinking game or something."

"Let's play 'Drink, Bitch'!" I yelled, throwing my fists in the air.

Everyone just looked at me.

"What? I've played a few."

Zacky took the final swig from the first bottle and opened the second one as I had gone to the kitchen to retrieve 8 shot glasses. I returned to the living room table and sat a shot glass in front of everyone that was playing. Aileen wasn't drinking because, well, we all know what happens when she drinks. Acey wasn't drinking because she was pregnant. Nobody, especially Jimmy, wanted something to happen to the baby.

So we all decided that we'd be drinking Jack Daniels for this game. We felt like getting drunk at the time, and beer just wasn't gonna cut it.

"So how do you play this game, Becca?" Jimmy asked.

"Well, first, someone shuffles the cards and then passes one card to each person, and everyone looks at their card. Then we put the rest of the cards face down in the center of the table. Before we start, everyone flips their one card over, and whoever has the highest card goes first, and the order goes clock-wise. When you draw a card, if the card matches the one you started with in number, then you drink 6 shots. If the card is related to your card, like the same suit or a consecutive number, forwards or backwards, then you drink 3 shots. If the card that you draw is not related to your card in any way, then you designate someone to drink 3 shots. If the card you draw is the same suit and consecutive to the one you have, then you must drink 12 shots. The last one still in the game wins. If you make it all the way through the deck, you shuffle and start over until someone wins. Everyone got it?" I asked, looking around at everyone.

They all nodded their heads, and I ended up being the one to shuffle and pass out the first cards. Matt had the highest card, the queen of spades, so he started. The order was Matt, Sarah (who had the 2 of diamonds), Kaitlyn (who had the 7 of clubs), Brian (who had the Jack of hearts), Jimmy (who had the 7 of spades), Zacky (who had the Jack of diamonds), Johnny (who had the 6 of diamonds), then me, and I had the 9 of clubs. Both Johnny and Jimmy noticed this, and were laughing uncontrollably at the fact that Johnny had a 6 and I had a 9. Get it? Got it? Good.

Matt went first and flipped over a 7 of diamonds. That meant that he got to pick someone to drink 3 shots. He looked around at all of us and chose Brian to be the first victim. Brian downed his three shots, and then it was Sarah's turn to draw. Sarah and Kaitlyn both drew cards where they got to pick someone, and they picked me both times. I downed my 6 shots, and then Brian went, drawing the Jack of spades.

Forty-five minutes and 1 1/2 bottles of Jack Daniels later, the only one's left in the game were me, Johnny, and Zacky. Everyone else aside from Acey and Aileen were passed out in random spots throughout the living room. Zacky looked like he was about to pass out, and Johnny was wearing nothing but his boxers. They were both pretty smashed. Hell, I was pretty smashed myself. But I had much less to drink than anyone else. It was my turn again, and I drew the Jack of spades again. I chose Zacky, and he downed 2 of his shots, but then passed out on the couch. He was definately out. Game-wise and consciousness-wise. Then it was Johnny's turn and he drew a 6 of spades. He drank all 6 of his shots, and then it was my turn. I pulled out a 2 of clubs.

"Fuck," I said.

I made it through 3 shots, and then I just couldn't take anymore.

"ImathorybudIjusscantakeanthymore," I slurred.

"You mean I won?" Johnny asked dumbfounded. I nodded.

"Sweet," he slurred. He nodded at me and then passed out in my lap.

"Becca, here. Eat this. It'll help keep you from having a hangover from hell again."

Acey had brought me two slices of bread. I was incoherant at the time, so I wasn't sure what they were for, but I ate them anyways.

"It's 5:30 in the morning. It's time for you to get some sleep," she said.

I nodded and then my eyes closed and my had hit the back of the couch. It was almost as if my body had been waiting for Acey's permission to shut down. Like it was waiting for her to say those magic words. And it was much too happy to oblige.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 21. Please comment!