Tasting Fame

Tasting Fame - Johnny Christ [23]

BECCA'S P.O.V.

"You what?" I asked with a shocked expression on my face; eyes wide, mouth slightly agape.

"I said I want to have kids with you," he said, the most sincere of expressions on his face.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I always pictured us having this conversation, but I always figured that it would be ME saying these things to HIM.

I mean, I always pictured having my own kids some day. But, I'm only 20, about to turn 21, and thinking about going back to college to get my degree in Journalism Photography. And what about Johnny? He's only 22, and he's in a rock band that is more famous now than ever before. Yeah, sure. I don't mind the drinking so much anymore. And the occasional dip into Jimmy's coke stash, but I can't have a kid around the kind of lifestyle he leads. We couldn't.

And what about when the baby actually gets here? Would he still want it? Yeah, he says now that he wants kids, but would he help take care of the kid once it was born? Would he stick around? Would he change his mind? Would he get cold feet?

Would he leave me?

"Babe, please say something," he pleaded.

The constant barrage of thoughts running through my head, as well as the distant look that was planted on my face, must've made him think that I was upset with him. But I wasn't. I was far from angry with him. I wanted nothing more than for him to be the father of my children, but would it be worth it to have kids this early in our lives?

Would we be able to handle it?

"Johnny, I don't really know what to say. I mean......this is so sudden. It's late. Do we have to talk about this now? Can't we talk about this in the morning?"

"No. We need to talk about this now," he said, the anger in his voice rising as he sat up in the bed.

"Johnny, why are you so bent on having kids now?" I asked, sitting up in the bed myself. "I mean, we have the rest of our lives to do that. What's the rush? And what makes you think we're ready for kids right now?"

I placed my hand on his shoulder, but he removed it only seconds after it had settled.

"Can't we try?" he whispered.

"Johnny, think about it. Your band is growing ever so much in popularity. How the hell do you expect us to raise a kid? I'll be damned if our kid is going to grow up around all those drugs, and all the drinking and shit."

"Acey still fucking lets Jimmy do that shit," he said, turning to me.

"Acey doesn't let Jimmy do anything. She kicks his ass every time she catches him. Besides, he's trying to quit that shit and you know it."

"So, it sounds like you just don't want to have kids with me, is that it?" he asked.

"Johnny, that's the stupidest thing you've ever said to me."

He looked at me, almost as if he were hurt by what I had said. But deep inside, he knew that what he asked was stupid, as did I.

"You have no idea how untrue that is, Johnny. I want nothing more than for you to be the father of my children, but I'm not ready for kids. Not right now. And I know that you know you're not either."

He was still looking down at his hands, which he was fumbling around in his lap.

"Johnny," I said, placing my hand under his chin, and turning his face so that his gaze would meet my own. "I love you. With all my heart and soul. With every fiber of my being. I want to have kids with you someday. More than anything."

I could feel tears threaten to fall down my face, as I tried not to choke on my own words. But I was not successful. Two tears fell, one on either side of my face, but I would not let any more fall, even as Johnny reached up to my face and gently wiped them both away.

"But we both know that we're not ready for any kids yet, Johnny."

He layed his forehead against mine, and we just stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity, stealing kisses from each other every now and then.

We finally decided to lay back onto the bed, still in each other's tight embrace. No words were exchanged, but we knew how each other felt. We understood each other. He knew that I wasn't ready for kids in my life yet, and I know damn-fucking-well that there is no way he could handle one in his life either.

I feel that he was only wanting this because he was caught up in what happened at the hospital.

"I'm sorry," he said after a few moments of silence.

"Don't be. You have nothing to be sorry for. Just give me some time."

There was no more talking, and the only sounds heard was our steady breathing. After a little while, I noticed that Johnny's breathing had turned into a slow and steady rhythm, signaling that he was asleep. I fell into a deep, peaceful slumber not long after.

FF 1 MONTH - ACEY'S P.O.V.

"Well, I think that's everything."

I packed the last of my belongings into the back of Jimmy's SUV then walked back up the pathway with Jimmy to say goodbye to everyone.

Walking into the living area, I saw everyone, once again, fawning over the twins.

"Can I have my kids back, please?" I asked as I yanked Rinoa out of Becca's arms.

"Are you sure you want to leave?" she asked, sadness hinting in her vocal chords.

"Yeah, we're sure. We can't stay here. With the album about to come out in late November, the rest of the guys in the house need to put all their attention into it. I can't have my kids be the cause of their album sounding like shit."

She said the last word after placing her hands over Rinoa's ears. Seifer was with Jimmy, who was across he room, talking to the rest of the guys.

"I'm gonna miss you, Ace," she said as she gave me a hug, though not one to crush my month-old daughter.

"I'll miss you too, Becca." I pulled away and noticed Jimmy getting one of those manly-hug things from the guys. "I mean, hell. If it wasn't for you, I never woulda met Jimmy. I just wish Aileen were around to see our kids."

"Yeah, well. I figured her and Zacky would break up sooner or later. I thought it would be over as soon as she decided to move to South Carolina with her mother. Zacky was gonna ask her to marry her, you know."

"He was?" she asked.

"Yeah, he was. But, he never got the chance. She kept saying that she was gonna come back, but she kept prolonging her visit, and then, we eventually never heard from her again."

"Babe, we better go."

We turned from our conversation to look at Jimmy, who was already standing at the open door right next to us.

I gave everyone one final hug, but Becca just wouldn't let go.

"Becca, I can't breathe."

She loosened her grip a little, but I couldn't help but smile at her as she smiled at me.

"I'm only moving two streets away."

"I know. But it still won't be the same."

I walked out the door with Jimmy as everyone stood at the door and watched us walk down the pathway. I swear, the act like they're never gonna see us again.

I handed Jimmy the carrier with out daughter in it, and he began to load our kids into the car. I climbed into the driver's seat, and started the car as I waited for Jimmy, only to hear him yell at me.

"Acey, don't start the fucking car, damnit! I don't have them strapped in yet!"

"Jimmy, watch your mouth! And I'm not going anywhere, so calm down!"

He's so damn over-protective of his kids, but he's such a good dad. He loves them so much, and everyone can tell. I love him so much.

We drove the minute-long drive to the house two streets over, that was now ours. It was mine and Jimmy's home.

It was our home.

After we got everything inside the house, we changed, fed, and burped the twins, then I went to lay them down to go to sleep.

Just as I was closing the door to the twins' room, I felt my cell vibrate in my pocket. It was Jimmy.

He was downstairs. Why didn't he just call my name?

"Hello?" I asked a little perplexedly.

"Hey, Ace. I know this seems weird, but I just called my parents, and they're on their way over to the house to pick up Seifer and Rinoa, and they're gonna take them back to their place. So pack their overnight bag, get changed, then take your car and meet me at the pier."

"Wait.....why do you want me to meet you at the pier?"

"I can't tell you now. But it's really important."

"Okay, but what do I need to change into? Anything special?"

"Just come comfortable. But I gotta go babe. I got another call coming in. See ya later. Bye."

And before I can utter a response, the line goes dead. And not a moment sooner, the doorbell rings. I walk to the door and open it to reveal Jimmy's mother and father staring at me.

"Hey, Acey," his father said. "The twins ready?"

"Well, Jimmy actually just told me what was going on, so I haven't really had time to get anything ready for them."

"You go get ready, dear. We'll get the children ready," said his mother.

Before I walked upstairs, I noticed that the both of them wouldn't stop staring at me. Or smiling.

What the hell is going on?

JIMMY'S P.O.V.

"Alright, man. Acey's probably already on her way here, so hurry up, but don't get out of the car until you see her.....later, Vengeance."

I leaned over the railing that was atop the pier as I waited for my girlfriend. I never thought I would do this to a girl.

How am I going to tell her?

"Jimmy?"

I turned around to see Acey standing behind me, wearing a pair of black capris, a green spaghetti-strap shirt, underneath her jean jacket, and her black flip-flops.

She reached me, and just looked at me.

"Jimmy, what's going on?"

I was so nervous that I couldn't bring myself to talk. So I leant down to kiss her. I kissed her with everything I had. I put my heart and soul into that kiss. I put so much emotion into this one kiss, it felt as though the rest of my life depended upon it. And in a way, it sort of did. I couldn't believe what I was about to fucking do.

I pulled away from her and opened my eyes, to see her still standing there, eyes still closed and mouth slightly open. I saw the rest of the gang quietly creep up behind us, and took that as my cue to do what I came here to do. I need to get this over with. And with everyone else here, there was no way I was gonna back out on this. I had to do it now. In all honesty, I've been waiting to tell her this for a long time.

"Acey.....there's something I need to do. Something I need to tell you."

The look on her face was a mixture of anxiousness, and utter horror. She had no idea whether I was gonna tell her if she had something stuck in her teeth, or if I was gonna throw her ass over the railing.

"Yes, Jimmy? What is it?" she asked, trying not to show her feelings on her face.

"Since the day I met you, I felt a special connection with you. I love you with all my heart. I mean, hell. You're the mother of my children, for God's sake! But..."

I immediately regretted using the word 'but', as Acey's face became almost grief-stricken as she let go of my hands.

"Jimmy....." she started.

"Wait," I said, grabbing both her hands once more. "Let me finish. As I was saying, you're the mother of my children, and I love you with all my heart. But I want to know if you'll be willing to spend the rest of your life with me."

I let go of her right hand, and fumbled around my right coat pocket for the small black velvet box that would contain her engagement ring. But she doesn't quite know that yet, does she?

I pulled the box out of my pocket and dropped her other hand as I opened it. Her gaze followed my every move, as if everything that was happening were a mere dream.

I hesitated for a moment as I looked at the ring that was gleaming back at me. I hope that she likes it. Fuck, I just want her to say yes.

"Acey....will you.....marry me?"

I turned the small box around for her to gaze at the silver, 3 stoned, diamond engagement ring that sat in the center. It was about then that I noticed a slight smile form on her lips as she brought her face up to get a clear look at me.

"Of course I'll marry you, Jimmy."

I pulled her into a tight embrace, and put all my happiness into the hug. I was so happy that she said yes, I completely forgot about the ring.

I pulled away from her, both of us having smiles on our faces as the rest of the gang came up behind us and clapped for us. I had long since forgotten about the ring, and it wasn't until Becca pointed out that she couldn't see it that I remember I had put it back into my pocket. I reached for it, then handed it to her.

"Do I have to put it on myself?" she asked, her smile never once faltering.

"No. I think I can do that."

She thrust her left hand forward and I slowly slid the ring onto her finger.

I gave her a kiss that was filled with so much love and passion, that I could've died right then and there, and still been the happiest man on earth.

BECCA'S P.O.V.

I felt so happy for Jimmy and Acey. I've never seen either of them so happy since I've met them. It definately made me think about what I've been trying so hard to forget for the past month.

Johnny hasn't mentioned our conversation since that night, and I haven't even thought about getting married or having children until today. In a way, I feel guilty about it. I told Johnny I wasn't ready for marriage and a family, and here I am, thinking about children and marriage as if it's a dying trend. Ever since I was a little girl, I dreamed about the day which I would get married to the man of my dreams, live in a beautiful house by the beach, and have kids with him, and grow to a ripe, old age.

Well, I am a third of the way there. I've already found the man that I want to spend the rest of my life with. Now I just need to figure out the 'getting married and having kids' part.

I could just picture mine and Johnny's kids running around: whatever boys we may have going around with mohawks, and the girls pent up in their rooms because they're mad at Johnny for running out their boyfriends.

I was brought out of my daze when I suddenly felt a slight, searing pain in my right cheek.

I didn't realize at the time who hit me, but when I did, I bet the look on my face made them glad that there was a seat between us.

"Zacky, you fucking bitch! That hurt, damnit!"

"Well, we're here to eat, and you were off, gazing into mother fucking la-la land. I wanted to leave your ass out here, but no. Your boy-fucking-wonder had to have you go inside with him."

That's when I noticed everyone was parked outside of a local Taco Bell, and Zacky, Johnny, and I were the only ones left outside.

I leaned my head on Johnny's shoulder and wrapped my arms around his waist as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, and led me inside the food place. We could hear Zacky making slight gagging noises from behind us.

"Vengeance, just because you don't have a fucking girlfriend anymore, doesn't mean you get to fuck with the one I have," Johnny said as he opened the door for me. He let it shut just as Zacky was getting to the door, and it almost hit him in the face.

Zacky pulled the door open, and joined the rest of us up at the front of the cue to order food.

"What do you want, babe?" Johnny asked me.

"A chicken quesadilla, some cinnamon twists, and a Diet Pepsi."

After everyone had ordered and we were all sitting around booths, Zacky realized that he just had to have some fucking mild sauce.

"Don't they have some over near that soda bar?" Matt asked after swallowing a large mouthful of bean burrito.

"No. They used to, but they took all the sauces and shit away because people would grab a shitload of them and squirt them everywhere. So now people gotta walk their asses all the way up to the fucking counter and get hassled by bitchy workers because they just had to take away everyone's mild sauce."

We all just laughed at Zacky as he got up from his seat and, almost, ran up to the counter. He was so bent on getting his fucking mild sauce that he didn't noticed the girl at the counter that had ordered her food and was turning around to find a seat. He ran right into her, knocking her to the floor, and sending her food flying in different directions. He caught her before she fully hit the floor and stood her up, then picked up the entire mess that he had caused.

The rest of us stare at the scene that was taking place. Zacky was stumbling over his words, trying, and failing, to say anything coherent as the girl kept apologizing over and over for something that wasn't even remotely her fault.

When they realized that they were both speaking at feverish speeds, they chuckled nervously, then he offered to buy her food to replace what he had caused her to lose.

"This is better than the shit you see on fucking TV," Brian said, taking a bite of his burrito.

We continued to stare at the two as they talked while waiting for her food. When they turned around to sit at a table, we all tried to make it seem as though we weren't just listening in on their conversation moments before.

"Everyone, this is Lisa. Lisa that's Matt, Sarah, Jimmy, Acey, Johnny, Becca, Kaitlyn, and Brian."

Everyone said their their 'hellos' as Lisa sat down on the end next to Zacky, and everyone just chatted, and had a good time.

We didn't leave Taco Bell until about 8:00, when they closed. Actually, we were there so long, they had to close everything down and clean it before we were officially kicked out.

We invited Lisa to come over to our place, and she agreed to be there. It seemed to over joy Zacky a little bit more than normal.

We walked through the front door and heard the last ring of the phone, then the answering machine picked up. It was Jimmy's mom.

"Hey James. Your father and I figured that you and Acey would like to be alone tonight, so we're taking the kids off your hands for the evening. That's right Acey; we knew all about James's little plan. But we have the kids, and they're well taken care of, so take the night off, and enjoy yourselves. Bye."

The machine hung up, and I went to the kitchen with Lisa and Acey to grab drinks for everyone.

"So, Becca. How long have you know these guys?" Lisa asked. She knew exactly who the guys were, and what they were all about, but the guys immediately took to her because she treated them like normal human beings. But we could all tell that she was taking kindly to Zacky, although she was trying her damndest not to show it.

"Well, Matt is my brother, so I've known him my entire life. I've know the rest of the guys for as long as Matt's known them, which has been since they were all in grade school. I didn't meet Johnny until he joined the band. Then we started dating about 10 months ago, and that's what brings us here to today!"

She smiled slight and emitted a light chuckle.

We walked into the living room and handed everyone their drinks. I decided that I was going to retire early. I wasn't tired, but I wanted to be alone. I needed some time to think and collect my thoughts.

I closed my bedroom door behind me and immediately started to strip off my clothes and pulled on a random pair of pajamas. They were some plain black and red pair of pants with a matching tank top. I changed into it, did my nightly ritual, then climbed under the covers, and turned off the lamp.

I layed there thinking. So many thoughts were racing through my head.

Did I still want to have kids?

Was I even ready for kids?

Did Johnny still want that life with me?

My thoughts were interrupted by the slight creaking of my bedroom door.

"Becca, you awake?"

It was Johnny. Why he wasn't downstairs drinking with everyone else, I'll never know.

"Yeah, I'm up."

"You okay, baby?" he said, moving over towards the bed, causing it to dip slightly as weight was shifted onto the mattress. "You've been quiet and distant all night. What's wrong?"

"Just thinking."

"About what?"

"About what you said."

"Oh, God. What did I say this time?"

I just laughed slightly at the worried tone in his voice.

"Nothing bad."

He blew out a sigh of relief, smiled, and looked at me.

"Hold that thought," he said.

He exited my room and went down the hallway, presumably to his room.

I took the time that he was gone to think some more before he got back. I wondered if there was any other reason that he would've suddenly wanted kids other than all the emotional stuff that happened at the hospital that day. I know that it wasn't because he wanted more sex. Hell, we do it enough to the point where he should be pretty damn satisfied.

I didn't have time to think anymore as the side of the bed shifted downwards as weight was placed on it. I felt someone snuggle up to my back, and there were kisses suddenly being planted on my neck and shoulder. I flipped over in the bed to face Johnny. He draped on arm over my waist and propped himself up on the bed with the other.

"Oh my goodness. You're wearing a shirt with your boxers to bed this time?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Yeah, I felt like it." He smiled that smile that makes me melt and get weak in the knees.

"Now tell me what the hell I said that's been eating you."

I sighed, and looked him straight in the eye.

"Seeing Jimmy and Acey today.....seeing them so happy together.....actually made me think a lot about starting my own family."

"This conversation sounds awfully familiar," he said, laying all the way down onto the bed and pulling me onto his chest. He planted kisses on my head and I continued.

"I know it's only been a month since we've talked about it, but I started thinking about it today when we were with Jimmy and Acey. I mean, I really thought about it. I finally know how you were feeling on that night. I'm now in your position, and I can see how sincere you were."

"What are you trying to say, Becca?" he asked.

"Johnny, I want to have your children."

He just looked at me and studied my features, trying to find any hint, any trace of a lie.

"Are you serious?"

I took his hands in mine, and kissed his fingertips gently.

"As a heart attack. 100-fucking-percent."

"You seriously wanna try for this?" he asked, sitting up.

"Johnny, I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life."

I've never seen him smile so wide in all the time that I've known him.

He leaned down to give me, what started out to be an innocent kiss. Yet it soon turned to a lust-filled, passionate liplock. He climbed on top of me, never once breaking the kiss.

Before long, our clothes were off, and Johnny was lying naked on top of me, and we were underneath the covers.

We were feverishly devouring each other's lips, when he suddenly broke away from me. He reached into my bedside table, and pulled out a condom. He made to tear off the wrapper, but I put my hand on his arm to stop him. I shook my head from side to side, signaling that he didn't need to put one on.

"No condom?" he asked, somewhat excitedly.

"No condom," I said with a small smile.

He threw the condom aside as his lips devoured mine once again.

And the rest is history.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 23. Please comment!