Status: Done. :)

Dreams

1/1

Oreo Benson woke up with a jerk.

He sat up in bed, his hands resting in his black hair as he tried to get his breathing calm again. He closed his eyes and tried to ignore the sound of his heart beating in his ears and the feeling in his stomach.

Oreo had just had another dream about him. For the first time in a month, he felt like he was finally going sane. No longer was he having dreams about the guy he was forced to call his friend. No more dreams about holding his hand and kissing him. That is until tonight.

“Snow covered every inch of the ground. Two boys walked in the middle of a snow covered field, a mitten hand holding a bare one. The smaller, blonde boy had no jacket. The raven haired boy had a big one that kept him warm. When a cold when blew by, the dark one did nothing, while the short one shivered.

Noticing this, the taller one pulled the blonde closer to him and wrapped his arms around him. They smiled at each other before the smaller one gave the raven haired boy a peck on the lips.”


“No!” Oreo yelled. “Bad thoughts. Bad thoughts.”

Oreo wasn’t homophobic. He was gay and perfectly ok with it. He just didn’t like that blonde faggot. That kid has had too many problems. He’s been abused, cheated on, and used for sex. Oreo isn’t the guy you go to when you need to be consoled. He was the guy you stay away from because he could beat you into a pulp.

Oreo turned to the alarm clock on his night stand. The red numerals were bright enough to make Oreo squeeze his eyes shut for a few seconds. When he opened his eyes again, he didn’t see the four numerals that told him what time it was. Instead, there was his name scrunched up together.

‘Chris.’

Oreo groaned and rubbed his eyes as hard as he could. When he looked at the clock,
Chris’s name was replaced with three bright red digits. 2:59.

“The dark haired boy and his blonde lover walked down an abandoned road. There wasn’t a cloud in the sky. The sun shined brightly and burned both boys pale skin. A backpack rested on each boy’s shoulders.

They didn’t know where they were going. All that mattered was that they were together. The taller boy turned to his lover and smiled at him. The blonde smiled back and reached his hand out to take the others.”


Oreo shook his head and got out of bed, the dream still in his mind. He needed to clear his mind. Grabbing his pack of cigarettes, Oreo slipped his shoes on, not bothering to change out of his pajamas.

He snuck out of the house easily since his parents were passed out drunk. The moment he got out the door, he pulled out a cigarette and lit it. He breathed deeply once before walking down the road.

The only light that was given off was from the street lights and the almost full moon. There were either no stars out or they weren’t visible. Oreo hugged his pajama top closer as the fall wind blew by him. He shivered and cursed himself for not getting his jacket.

As he walked, he stepped on the dying leaves the fell from the trees. They crumbled and cracked under his sneakers. The wind blew by again, knocking some leaves off a tree above him. One leave landed in Oreo’s hair. He would’ve removed it if he wasn’t reminded of the first day Chris and him met.

The first day they met was when their friend Karma introduced him to all their friends. Oreo didn’t think anything of it. Karma invited people into their group all the time so this was nothing special to him. That is until he saw the guy.

His dirty blonde hair covered one of his eyes and looked soft as silk. His blue eyes looked as if they could shine in the dark. His pale skin had a small amount of color in his cheeks. He was brighter than Oreo would ever be unless he dyed his midnight hair and got contacts for his brown eyes.

When the guy started to talk, Oreo nearly melted like candle wax. His voice was music to Oreo’s ears. The smile he gave forced Oreo to sit down before he fell. Then he said his name. His name wasn’t creative or different. Anyone wouldn’t have thought anything of the name Chris Dames. To Oreo, it the most beautiful name to ever hit his ears.

“Hi.” Chris said when he sat next to Oreo. Oreo tried to calm his heart beat and nod. He forced himself not to look at Chris. He was sure that if he did, he’d pass out of attack him.

“You’re Oreo, right?” Another nod. Chris was silent for a few minutes before talking again.

“You got a leaf in your hair.”

Oreo felt as if his heart would explode from beating so hard. Chris touched his ear before grabbing the stem of the leaf that sat on Oreo’s head. He pulled it off and smashed it to pieces in his hand.


The dream disappeared from his mind as soon as the memory popped up. Right now, he didn’t think about any of the dreams he’s had about Chris. All that mattered to him was the moments he had with Chris. All the moments he wanted to kiss him, but backed away because Chris had trouble with relationships. Oreo didn’t want to become the next messed up relationship.

Oreo didn’t pay any attention to where he was going. He continued to walk wherever his feet would take him. He would take a drag every few seconds without realizing it. Chris would do this to him without even knowing it.

It’s just a little crush. Crushes are nothing but little school yard likes. They go away after a while. But how many crushes are there where the other person haunts their dreams? Answer, none.

By the time Oreo’s cigarette was almost completely gone, his shoulders hit someone. That brought him out of his trance. He turned around to see the person he had run into.

“Watch where you’re going!” He said angrily. His face soon changed from anger to shock when he saw who it was.

“Aaron, what are you doing out here?” Chris said rubbing his eyes. Oreo tried to hide his smile. Chris never did call Oreo by the nickname Karma gave him a few years ago. When

Oreo told him his real name, Chris told him he liked that name better and insisted on calling him that. Truth be told, Oreo hated his name. But whenever Chris said it, Oreo loved his name.

“Needed to clear my mind.” He muttered, his eyes moving to his sneakers. He took one more drag from his cigarette before throwing it on the ground and smashing it under his shoe. “You?”

Oreo didn’t need to look at Chris to know he shrugged. Oreo waited a while before thinking about turning around and walking back home. Finally, Chris answered. “Trying to forget.”

Oreo wanted to ask what he was trying to forget. He decided against it because he knew what he was trying to forget. He was trying to forget his ex-boyfriends, Shaun. The jackass that told Chris he was everything just for they could have sex. That’s all Chris was for him. A sex toy.

“I swear to god, that little fucker ain’t gonna see tomorrow.” Their friend Lenny had said. She was the trouble maker of the group.

At first, no one tried to stop her. They all knew Shaun deserved it. Except for Oreo. He knew that Shaun didn’t deserve to be beaten up. Not from Lenny that is.

“Don’t do it, Lenny.” Oreo said stomping out the cigarette he had been smoking. “He doesn’t deserve to be hurt.”

Everyone stared at Oreo like he had just grown an extra head. Even Chris had stopped crying and stared at Oreo in shock. Not seeing anything else to do, Oreo stood up and walked away, ignoring the terrible names Lenny yelled at him.

It took him only ten minutes to find Shaun. He was telling a cheerleader how beautiful she looked. Oreo nearly attacked him right there. He knew that girl was one of the kindest cheerleaders there was and didn’t deserve to be fucked and left in the dust.

Swallowing the words he wanted to yell at Shaun, he walked up to the jackass and tapped him on the shoulder. Shaun turned around with a smile, only to have it washed away when Oreo’s fist connected with his face.

With a smirk on his face, Oreo turned around and walked away, acting like nothing had just happened.”


“Why clear you’re mind?” The memory vanished and Oreo looked at Chris. He didn’t know what to say. Should he lie or tell the truth?

“Had a dream.” He said softly. Oreo mentally cursed himself. He was supposed to lie. How could he ever lie around Chris? It was impossible to lie in front of an angel.

“’Bout what?” Chris asked, looking at the moon above Oreo’s head.

“A guy.” Oreo said simply. He didn’t know what Chris would do. Would he know that the guy was him? Would he say that he dreams about Oreo as much as Oreo dreams about him? Would he leave?

No. Chris barely even nodded and asked, “You like him?”

“More than I want to.” Oreo said sadly. Chris turned back to him with a smile. Oreo honestly thought he saw the most beautiful guy in the world. With the moon’s help, his smile was brighter and his skin was shining. His blonde hair was messy and he had no makeup on. Oreo didn’t know why he didn’t realize Chris was in his pink pajamas.

“I have the same problem.” Chris said, his smile never fading. “He hates me, so it’ll never happen. But a guy can dream right?”

Oreo nodded with a smile. He almost thought Chris was talking about him. He tried hard to hide his crush from everybody. To do this, he pretended to hate Chris. But of course, Chris had to be talking about Shaun or someone else who wasn’t Oreo.

“Sucks when you start to dream about them every night.” Oreo said pulling out another cigarette. Chris nodded.

“The guys are haunting our dreams, aren’t they?” Chris said with a laugh. Oreo smiled and nodded, lighting his cigarette. He didn’t want to do that. What he wanted to do was tell Chris that he was the guy who was haunting him. He was the one he dreamed about every night. He prayed that Chris would tell him instead of having Oreo tell him. When neither spoke for a long while, Oreo decided it was time to leave.

“I should get going.” Oreo said turning back in the direction of his home. Chris nodded and turned the other way.

“Good luck with your guy.” Chris said to Oreo. Oreo turned around to see Chris give him that award winning smile.

“You too.” Oreo said smiling back at him. Chris turned around and started walking away. Oreo would’ve turned away, he so wanted to, but he couldn’t. He watched as Chris walked farther and farther until he was no longer in Oreo’s eyesight.

When Chris was gone, Oreo threw the cigarette on the sidewalk and smashed it. Still staring in the same direction Chris walked, he whispered the secret he was unable to tell Chris to his face.

“You haunt my dreams.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I created Oreo and Chris about a year ago. They were going to have their own huge story, but I got bored of writing them and decided just to write little things about them. Some of their friends are mentioned in here. Lenny, Karma, and I believe Barbie is mentioned too.

The italic are certain dreams Oreo had. Except for the ones at the end. Those are memories. The second one is the newest dream Oreo had.

So, comment if ya like! :D