Dragon Rider

The Secret

With Forlong dead,the town in mourning, and everyone treating me different. It was hard to focus on everything, Drew stopped coming to our dragon lessons and didn't come out of his house. The days grew longer and longer, each night I would sit up in bed looking at the ground. I walked over to the window and looked at the single cloud that was floating in the sky. I stood by the window for 10 mins not saying anything, the sky grew grayer and grayer. I found myself in the living room looking at the logs of wood in the fire place, I saw a little black bug on top of the wood sitting there just looking back at me.

The next few weeks were no different, I took Star out to get some fresh air. We walked to a field that had a sign on the fence, Dragons Only. I let go off Star and watched her run around the Field, up in the sky you could see all of the dragons flying. I saw a Brown dragon but there was no rider, I watched it has it landed. It was by a skinny guy, who was wearing a long t-shirt with black pants. As I walked closer I noticed that it was Drew, He looked really pale and his eyes were bright red. I could tell that he has been crying, I wanted to walk over but something inside of me stopped me. I stood there watching Star sower in the air, out of the corner of my eye I saw Drew and his dragon,Dock, walk over. I wanted to Drew to notice me so bad, but I just kept looking at Star. Drew walked right past me without looking, I turned around and felt so bad. I called Star over and we both walked back to the house. I put Star in the sattle and walked into my house and stood there, I haven't really cried like everyone else was. That night I stood in the living room watching the logs in the fireplace, but this time the bug was gone.

That morning I woke from a knock on the door, I got up slowly and walked over to the door. I opened the door and saw Drew, he was wearing what he had on yesterday. I stood there in shock, I couldn't say anything I just let him come right in. He sat down in the sofa in the living room, I grabbed two glasses from the kitchen and filled them with water. I placed them on the coffee table, and sat next to Drew waiting for something to happen. We both sat there not saying a word for awhile, Drew shifted and looked into my eyes. His eye were all red and puffy. He grabbed my hand and just looked at it, I sat there waiting for him to do something with it. He put his arm around me and pushed me forward, I moved closer and looked into his eyes. We were so close that I could feel his heartbeat, he just looked at me for awhile. He brushed my hair with his hand and started crying. He leaned forward and kissed my check, I sat there not moving or talking. He shifted and started kissing me, the feeling inside me grew. I put my hand around the back of his neck and leaned forward to kiss him back. Drew's body was pressed against mine, at the same moment this felt all wrong.

"Drew, I can't -" There was a loud bang outside the door. Drew and I got up from the couch and looked out the window. Outside we saw dragons in the air flying and shooting fire, yelling filled the sky, and many people running. "Its them - the Dismas." There was a jolt inside of me, I ran out of the house so fast I couldn't feel my feet. Drew followed me and kept shouting my name. I threw open the sattle gate and jumped onto Star. Without saying a word we both were in the sky. Leaving Drew alone by the house. As we drew closer and closer I felt a jolt of pain hit my side. I turned my head and meet eyes with a Dismas, the angry grew inside of me. I pulled Star to the side and she a fire ball came shooting at the Dismas. The Dismas feel to the ground leaving the dragon in the air. I pulled Star back around to the front, she flew fast towards the crowed. I looked down for a moment and saw a little girl standing there crying, it was Lace. I pushed Star down to the ground, when we were close to the ground. I grabbed Lace hand and threw her around onto Star. Lace held me tight around the stomach, she let out a little scream. I looked behind me and saw 5 Dismas coming at us. "Hold on!" I shouted to Lace. She gripped tighter, In my head I told Star to go faster. Without any problem Star zoomed threw the air, I still felt the Dismas around me.
My hands got the burning feeling again. I turned my head towards the Dismas's, I let my hand free of Lace and thought of the Dismas falling to the ground. My hand felt on fire, my head felt like it was going to explode, with my eyes shut I felt something leaving my hand. I opened my eyes and watched as a yellow substance left my hand. The Dismas disappeared from behind us, and I felt my hand go back to normal. Lace had her head right in my side. I put my hand on her shoulder and she looked up. "Come on Star back." Star swung around, slowly we caught sight of the town. Almost everything was on fire, the Fields were black, and the dragons were laying on the ground. As we landed many people were looking at us. I grabbed Lace around the stomach and we both jumped down. I stood there not making a single move, I saw Drew laying on the ground with blood all around him. I ran over to him and feel to the ground.
"DREW! No - no - NO!" Tears started falling from my eyes. "Drew stay with me!" I saw the life go out of Drews eyes, I started crying hard. I felt the pain in my hand again, the burning pain. I looked at my hand, it had turned the color blue. Many people started to gather around me, I knew I had to put this on Drews chest. I let my hand fall right on him. With a jolt Drews eyes opened wide and with life, I pulled my hand away fast. I felt every ones eyes on the both of us, but I couldn't leave sight of Drew. Drew slowly opened his eyes, I felt a tear slowly run down my face. Everyone put there hands on Drew to life him up, they left me alone still sitting on the Field.
The next few days were normal. The Dismas didn't attack and we had some prisoners to interrogate. The memories kept flashing in my mind, but I tried to ignore them. I tried everyday to go see Drew, but every time I went to the door I always walked away. I took a walk one day and saw all the people trying to rebuild Starter Valley, but in my head I knew they couldn't do it. Family's were forced to leave there house for safety reason. Starter Valley was falling apart right in front of me, I knew I couldn't stay, and I knew everyone started to hate that I came back. Without a Mayor to run Starter Valley, it felt like each day was going up in flames.
One day I decided to go to City Hall, I walked up to Forlongs door, and opened it. The sun filled the room, I walked slowly over to desk and saw all the papers spreed out. I walked to the window and saw all the people running, pulling, and working as hard as they could. Memories started to flash threw my head. I saw myself walk into his room and sit down watching his every move. In my hands I held a book, the book that helped me understand how to control my dragon. Forlong was sitting at his desk smiling and laughing. On the wall there was a plack hung high and meant for everyone. I remember me reading it, and thinking about my parents. I saw Derk leading me into the room as I stood there in amazement. The very chair that sat in the middle of the room, still stood there high and proud.
I found myself sitting in Forlongs chair, I was looking out to the window trying to feel what should be felt. I got to my feet, but I felt weak,tired, and pain.I feel to my knees and saw the past. I was standing at the door and herd Forlong talking to someone. Forlong was told not to teach me any of my powers.