Status: Ongoing -- updates are irregular

The Secrets of Idet

The Prophecy

Gladys stared intently at the elven woman. A horrible shudder ran though her body as Gladys collapsed to the floor and her vision flickered. Her head pulsed with each thump of her heart -- a melody of drum beats she could not escape. Gladys retched blood upon the polished wood floor so hard some splattered on the woman. Her strength failed her and she dropped into the crimson pool she herself had created. Gladys gasped for air as she sank into unconsciousness. She let the black surround her as if it were the embrace of a long lost friend returning home. She heard the faint shriek of the elven women as she drifted into darkness....

Gladys saw a gore stained man, swinging a sword with unbelievable might. He slaughtered all of the armored beasts in his path with rage like a thousand suns. Tears streamed from his eyes, as he cried out with furry, over and over: "Clia! Clia! CLIA!" Gladys felt as if his cry could rip her soul apart. She feared for the creatures whom he faced.
Gladys drew a sharp breath as the man's helm fell off his head. He resembled the strange elven woman very much, enough to be her son....

With a jolt Gladys burst out of unconsciousness.
"Thank goodness you're awake!" Gladys looked around and saw her apprentice next to her -- a small, pale boy with curly red hair. "I thought you had died this time."
"Juran, you should no better.... I never die," Gladys said. Juran pulled her into a sitting position and handed her a small slice of bread, which she gladly ate. The way she shoved it into her mouth probably made it look as if she had not eaten in weeks. The dry, bland food did nothing to soothe her head ache, but she sensed the energy slowly returning to her.
"You should stop looking into the future -- you're far to old. And every time, the consequences get worse and worse," Juran said. His concern showed vividly upon his face, but he concealed it so fast it was almost like it was never there.
"Aye, but who would take my place? Surly not you, Joran. You haven't the skill."
"You underestimate me, master," Joran said. "If you would just teach me...."
Gladys sighed. "You lack patience and logic. I will teach you when the time is right," Gladys said firmly. Then her face turned grave as she remembered her vision. She quickly got to her feet, shocking Joran by her urgency. "Now is not the time to discuss this, Joran. I have something to do... Where is the woman?"
"She is waiting in the front of the shop, why?" Joran asked.
"Bring her here, then run to the temple and tell the elders I need to talk to them. It's very urgent."
Joran ran off to for fill out her orders. A few minutes later, the elven women hesitantly peered in he room. She stepped inside as if the floor was made of precious glass that the tinniest step could shatter. She looked fearfully at Gladys.
"What is your name?" Gladys demanded. She saw the woman flinch at the sound of her voice. Must think I'm a demon, she thought. Gladys almost let a bitter laugh escape her lips.
"My name..." the woman whispered, "is... Lilion."
"Hmm," Gladys replied. She sat down on the floor and beckoned Lilion to come closer. A new wave of fear crossed the woman's face at the thought. "I am not a demon. Come." Lilion came closer and sat, still cautious, across from her. "We have much to discuss with the elders of Ethse. They will help us understand."
"What did you see?" Lilion said, terrified and urgent.
"Patience," Gladys said. "We must wait for the elders."
The minutes went by as they waited. I should clean up this room for their arrival, Gladys thought bitterly. It was such a plain place. The only furniture was a small table pushed into the far conner and above it hung a picture of the sea. The stone walls created a dungeon-like atmosphere -- the numerous blood stains in the wood didn't help either. No matter, thought Gladys, my news is far more important than the appearance of the room.
After a smile while later, the elders and Joran entered the room. They came in an orderly fashion -- a nice, straight line. Their elegance for their age still astonished Gladys, even though she had all ready seen them numerous times. They sat very gracefully upon the floor, surrounding Lilion and herself.
"Welcome," Gladys said. "I have brought you here to discuss something of the utmost importance." Gladys drew a deep breath, ready to relate the vision she had. "I want to discuss the bloody future that is to await for us all."
A murmur went around the room.
"What do you mean, Gladys?" Elder Delni asked.
"Well, I had a vision of a battle field. I saw a man -- whom looked like he could be the son of this woman" Gladys briefly gestured to Lilion with a wave of her hand "-- kill thousands of demons. He cried as he went. Elders... what does this mean...?"
"I think I may know..." Gladys and the Elders turned to Lilion. She looked around franticly and trembled with fear. "I... I know...."
♠ ♠ ♠
_____________________________________________________________________

I was bored today, therefore i wrote this. I sort of winged it, so don't get all mad if it's terrible, please. I tried