‹ Prequel: Almost Gone
Status: he he

Halfway There

Chapter Twelve

Katie was still gone. Even though it wasn't that long since she'd left I was still extremely worried about her. Things had gotten really crazy around here though so I didn't really have much time to think and worry about that.

For one we almost lost Emma completely. After 10 minutes of guiding Carl through the mouth-to-mouth, she finally started breathing normally. I really wanted to slap Carl across the face for not knowing how to do mouth-to-mouth but of course I didn't because even though he was incredibley stupid, for Emma's sake I just let it go.

"Emma, honetly? What the hell were you thinking?!" I heard Carl say to Emma from their bedroom upstairs.

"I can't even believe that Emma would try and commit suicide! Why the hell would she do that !?" I said pacing back and forth venting to Max who just so happened to be sitting in the kitchen. "I mean like honestly? She doesn't even get that if she died Carl would die a bit too. Aghh it pisses me off."

"Just calm down Babe, I don't want you to stress out over this. It's not good for the baby." Max says calmly.

Irriated by how calm he was I stopped and just looked at him. "MAX ONE OF MY BESTFRIENDS IS GOD KNOWS WHERE AND THE OTHER ALMOST DIED TODAY! HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSE TO STAY CALM ?!" I said barely feeling tears build in my eyes as I stood there watching him.

We both watched each other for a moment or two in silence. As annoyed as I was with him i knew he was right. I mean I really shouldn't have snapped at him like that because he was only trying to get my to calm down.

"Sorry..." I finally said. "Everything right now is just getting so overwhelming and I feel like i'm losing everyone."

"Elles..." he began. " you're not losing anyone. For one i'm still here, Carl, and Sam are also still here, Emma is fine now and Kate will be home soon. Everything is going to go back to normal and soon enough were going to have a baby on our hands to take care of. In my books, I wouldn't call that losing everyone." he smiled getting up from his chair now putting his hands around my waist while holding me close.

I laughed. I had to admit he made a good point but i still felt a little empty inside.

"You're so dramatic." he laughs rolling his eyes.

"Shut up, you love me." I say sticking out my tongue at him.

"Now that i can't argue with." He smiles.

***

The next morning...

"So how's the little monster cooking?" Sam asks smiling.

I roll my eyes. "You have the nerve to call my baby a monster and you expect me to give you an answer after that? " I say jokingly. "Well, I think he or she is "cooking" fine but Max's cousin who happens to be a docor will be coming over any minute to see how this little muchkin is doing."

"Oh Tyler? "He asks.

"Uhh-yea i think that was his name. Do you know him?"

"Yeah, I've met him before. He's a real good doctor." Sam says as he grabs something to eat from the fridge.

"Well, Good to know. So... where eactly is Kate?" I ask with curiousity.

"Well, she's on the other end of the island but I'm going to go and find her today. I mean it's been like a week or so I need to go bring her home." He says now watching me carefully.

"Do you miss her?"

"Yeah, but I get that she needed her space and all. I mean it was probably good for the both of us seeing that we're always together and all." He smiled.

I could tell he really missed her and I totally agreed with him about the whole needing space thing. I mean it's probably very overwhelming being married her being 15 and to always being together 24/7.

Only a couple seconds later the door rang and Max's cousin was here. Within minutes the three of us were all in the little health/medicial room we had in the house which had everything from medicine to x-ray machines and ultra-sound machines.

"Ella, this is my cousin Tyler. Tyler this is Ella. " Max said, introducing us.

"Hello Ella. " He said smiling while shaking my hand." You can call me Tyler or Dr.Williams..whatever you prefer. I nodded smiling back poilitely and watched him carefully. He had looked about in his early 20's, he had blue eyes and like Max he had really dark brown hair. As much as knew I could trust him due to the fact he was Max's cousin and all I still was a little unsure about him.

"Max told me about your little ... situation." He said looking between Max and I.

After about an awkward second or two he finally decided to get started with the ultra-sound and 20 minutes later I had found out that everything was perfectly fine with the baby and that I was about 16 weeks along in the pregnancy.

"So, in two weeks I will be back for a check up and you guys can find out the gender of the baby.. that is if you want to know-"

"We would definately like to know but I have a feeling it's going to be a boy." Max says interuping him and smiling big.

It was cute seeing him all excited about the baby and It was funny how he was completely 100% sure the baby was a boy. Personally I didn't care if it was a boy or girl long as he or she was healthy, which probably what most soon to be mothers would say.

I laughed. "Max, what if the baby turns out to be a girl. What will you do then?" I now ask watching him as he thought about this.

"Well then we'd have to sell her to the monkey's" He then said, clearly joking.

Still shaking my head I now thank Tyler for checking on the baby and I as he begins to leave.

"Remember to continue taking your vitamins Ella." he now says opening the front door. "Oh and if you have any concerns or questions Max has my number so feel free to contact me at any hours."

"Thanks again Ty." Max says now.

"No problem at all, cuz. Talk to you guys soon." He says now closing the front door behind him.