‹ Prequel: Almost Gone
Status: he he

Halfway There

Chapter 26 - Kate

I thought of Sam, I dreamed of Sam. I had been on that boat for about three weeks. I dream of our wedding, I dreamed of everything. I dreamed, that I would see him again. And hoped it. I wish I never went with Drew. And a few days later, it's turns out I'm still having Sam's child.

"What do you mean?" asked Drew.

"Drew, Sam and I were married. I"m having his kid. I need to go back." I said. "I hate it here, I miss him."

Drew looked at me, his eyes narrowed. "I knew it, I knew it..." he kept muttering. "Well," he said smiling at me. "You're just going to have to wait until that next boat comes by, going in that way."

I knew that meant he was never going to let my go back. Cause no boat goes that way... only ours goes this way.

I was close to tears as I turned back into the cabin. I fell asleep. But was awaked by a thump.

"Kate," said Drew. "I stopped at an island. They will let us stay here for the night."

I looked out the window, and saw comes boats. "Let's go," I said with a crazy idea. And that night, when Drew was asleep. I grabbed our food bag, and mine. And started the boat, I drove off. Drew not even knowing.

___
I was too tired to think. I was almost out of food, and water for that fact. But, I knew I only had a few days left. And about two days later I saw our island. I got off the boat. Someone came around the corner. It was Ella.

"KATE?!" she yelled. She rushed over to hug me, her baby bump got int he way and we smiled.

Another person came around the bend. It was Emma. "Kate?" she asked. Her eyes got full of tears. "I thought I would never see you again." Then the tears turned into anger. "But, how could you do that to me? GO off with Drew? How do you think Sam felt?"

Sam, the only person I had been thinking about for the past weeks. Sam came around and saw me.

"Kitty?" he whispered. Saying his old nickname for me. "Is that you?"

I nodded. He hugged me. "I knew you would come back."