‹ Prequel: Almost Gone
Status: he he

Halfway There

Chapter Twenty-Eight

"Max, can you pass me those two stuffed animals over there so i can put them on this shelf ? "

We were in the last process of putting together the nursery room for the baby. The walls were painted lavender purple and were complimented with bright white baby furniture. We had found out the our baby was a girl a few weeks ago and decided to name her "Callie". We filled the walls of the nursery with elegent decorations including her name written in wooden letters that hung on the wall above her crib. Our baby would be here in less than three weeks and i was getting more and more anxious about being a good mom.

Callie's room was a room that connected right into ours which had the perfect lighting and the perfect spacing. The room was more than perfect and was exactly what i wanted it to be.

"Elles, where do you want me to put these extra diapers ?" Max asks beginning to pick up the box.

"Uhm, in the cupboard under the change table please." I said pointing to the empty cupboard under the babies change table.

Much like me, Max was nothing but excited and anxious for her to get here. As much as he wanted the baby to be a boy before he was very happy to be a dad to his little girl.

The room was almost complete at this point and the only thing left was to put together the baby swing and to fold and put away the baby clothes. I sat in the rocking chair grabbing the box of baby clothes along with me and started to neatly fold them as I watched Max from the corner of my eye begin to sit on the floor and tear open the box to the baby swing.

" Who do think she'll look like? " I ask Max as he fiddles to get the box open.

"I don't know but I'm sure she'll be beautiful because her mommy is beautiful." He smiles still concentrating on the swing. "-And i'm sure she'll be the girl that every guy will want but can't have because she has her daddy and he's the only guy she'll ever need." He smiles all proud.

"Hahah, wow Max. That's quite some dream you have there." I laugh. " She'll get married one day. What will you do then?"

"Hunt that so called guy down." He smiles innocently.

I laugh and roll my eyes. It's cute to see him being that protective father already and with all the drama in the house it's nice to have Max to go to when I need a smile.

Things were slowly coming together and although I badly wanted to have a baby shower for Callie with everyone in the house Max and I figured it was best that we didn't have one seeing that the house was still kind of tense and stuff. With everything going on with Katie, Drew and Sam i spent a lot of my time getting the nursery ready instead of getting involved in the drama that would've caused me stress. The good news though was that Katie was still having her baby and i wouldn't have to go through the whole mom thing alone even though her baby wouldn't be due for a little while after mine.

As soon as Max finished setting up the baby swing he placed it in the corner of the room and begin to help me put away the leftover baby clothes. Once we were done we looked and admired the room that we had now completely finished and smiled.

"I think we're ready for you Miss Callie Danielle Collins." He smiles and leans down to kiss my tummy as she then begins to kick.

ImageImage
^This is an example of what the room would look like.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) ♥