‹ Prequel: Almost Gone
Status: he he

Halfway There

Chapter 29 - Kate

"Hello, hottie," said that same dry voice that was always haunting me. I didn't look up from the book I was reading in the hammock. "Go away, Mac," I muttered.

His arms circled around me, they came up right under my breast. "Why are you always so mean to me these days? What did I do wrong?"

"Your screwed up, Mac." I said trying to pull his arms off from around me. "You make me sick, and your hurting me." Sure enough, he was hugging me so close and tight to him around my tummy. "Stop," I gasped. "Your hurting the baby."

"You think I care about that bastard child?" he said in a voice. I hit one of his arms hurt, still trying to get out of his grip. "Please stop, Mac," I gasped. He was hurting me so bad.

He just smiled at me and said, "Your coming with me." Then he picked me up, I was trying to escape the whole time while he brought me to this random tent out in the middle of know where. I guess it was his. "No..." I said breaking free. He laughed and caught me again.

I was pushed inside the tent. I screamed loudly, so loudly Mac covered his ears. Then he covered my mouth. "Shut up, you Bit-"

"Mac? What the hell is going on?" I heard a voice. And I saw Chase lending in the tent. "Oh," he said smiling. "I see."

" 'F' you," I muttered under my breath.

"Still the same old Kate," Chase walked in the tent. "How've you been?"

"How can you ask me something like that when this is about to happen?" I glared at him. But before we could answer I heard people calling my name. "KATE!"

"HELP ME, PLE-" but then I was shut up but Mac.

"Shut up."
"Son of one," I muttered.

Again we heard voices. "KATE!! WHERE ARE YOU?"

A hand went to my mouth before I could yell back. Chase left the tent and Mac zipped it up behind him.
"You ready?"

"No!" That got me a slap in the face. "Mac, I'm only 15. Please."

"Only 15 my ass, you flipping going to have a baby. What does it matter? You can get pregeant twice at the same time."
"GO TO HELL!" I yelled.

****

The rain dripped. I sat inside the mansoin, hurt. Sure, Sam came and found us. Just as Mac was about to really start. But I hated the memory. A few mintues later, Sam came back with some tea for me. He sat down next to me. "You alright?" he asked when I put my head down on his shoulder.

I nodded, but just as I did. I felt a big pain shoot up in my tummy. "Oh," I cried. "SAM!"

"What?"

"The baby..." was I all could say. "The baby."

Max called his cuz, Tyler. The doctor I guess. An a few hours later, I had a little baby girl in my arms. She was a pre-mature. But alive and well. Her lungs where just right. She was breathing. I was a mother....

15 my ass, I thought smiling.

And then I woke up, it was only a dream???