‹ Prequel: Almost Gone
Status: he he

Halfway There

Chapter 6 - Ella

Kate was finally back home which was really a relief because with the situation I was in I really needed both her and Emma. Unlike Kate and Emma who were all goo goo and gaga over babies I really wasn't exactly excited for the fact that I was possibly pregnant at 16. I mean being 16 with a baby wasn't exactly how I wanted my life to end up being.

Besides that though things between Emma and Carl have been kind of tense. I knew that Carl really wanted to know about Emmas past and stuff but I couldn't even imagine what she's been through and I don't really think she wanted to be reminded either.

I sat on my bed staring blankly at the pregnancy tests that had finally arrived in the mail contemplating whether or not I should get it over with and take them now or take them later.

"You should go take them now Ella..." Emma said now entering the room. I knew she was right but part of me really didn't want to know yet.

"Yeah I guess you're right." I said hestiantly as I started toward the bathroom and began to follow the instructions that were given on the box.

***

"-Sam no offence but you can't surf for the life of you." I hear Max say.

"whatever dude I so own you in surfing." Sam says back to Max.

Resting my arms on the kitchen island I watched them for a while as they were going back and forth on who was better at surfing. As for Carl he was just sitting there watching the two of them argue back and forth like it was a movie or something.

"Ella!" Sam says as they all are watching me now. "Now who's the better surfer? Me or Max? Be ABSOLUTELY honest" He says.

"...Max." I replied.

"There you go Sam!" Max says smiling proudly.

Sam rolls his eyes."Hey, well that doesn't count she's your girlfriend so she would obviously say you." Sam says grumbling.

"Max, can we talk?" I ask barely as I could hear my voice start to crack.

"Yeah sure." He says getting up from his chair and kissing me. I kissed him back but I couldn't help but think about the baby that I was now officially having.

"Yo, love birds could you go get a room or something." Carl says as Max begins to pull away from my lips.

"Shut up, Carl!" Max says annoyed leading me to the living room.

I knew it was time to tell him about the baby. I looked blankly at the t.v for a while deciding how I wanted to tell him. My face must of looked upset because his facial expressions quickly changed.

"Ella, you okay?" he said with now concerned eyes.

I didn't respond I just shook my head slightly as the tears started to fall. I wasn't exactly sure why I was so afraid to tell him but I started to take out the pregnancy test out of my pocket handing him it."I'm-pregnant." I finally said.

I wasn't sure If it was just me but Max all of a sudden looked really pale.

"Oh crap..." He managed to say looking in total shock. He began to pick up the pregnancy test and looked at it carefully. "Are you sure?" he asked.

I nodded. "I took four and they all came out positive."

For a long moment we both sat there quietly on the couch. I watched him only to see him staring off looking confused.

Max then came over and sat by me. "It's okay Elle's. We'll make this work." he said now wrapping his arms around me.

"How are we going to manage a baby Max!? We're only teenagers." I asked as I began to look down at my still flat belly placing a hand on it.

"I don't know but we'll just have take it one step at a time." He said leaning over placing his hand on mine and kissing my forehead.

I was extremely scared about this and wasn't even sure how this all was going to work out but having Max there made me feel slightly better.

"I'll be right back. I want you to rest as much as possible." He says.

"No, I'm not tired. I'm fine really." I say as I start to yawn.

A smile comes up across his face. "Ella, just sleep for a little while. I'm just going to go order you some vitamins for the baby." He says kissing me.

I roll my eyes. "Fine."

I begin pulling the covers over myself and before he's even out of the room I feel myself starting to drift away.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Comments are extremely appreciated!