Hopeless Hearts

A Not So Fun Party

At lunch Friday, sitting in my new spot between Frank’s legs, Frank said, “Gerard’s having a party tomorrow night. Do you want to go?”

“Sure,” I said. I turned my head to smile at Frank and he leaned forward to kiss me quickly.

“Great,” he said when he pulled away, also smiling. “I’ll pick you up at 7 to bring you to the party.”

I smiled and looked over at Gerard. He still stared at Frank and I, just like the other day. He saw that I saw him staring at us and he looked away.

“Is there anything in particular I should wear?” I asked.

“Well, I’d prefer you wear nothing, but you can wear some form of clothing if you’d like,” said Frank. I slapped his leg playfully and stood up. It was the end of the lunch period so I said bye to everyone and headed into the rest of my classes.

I drove Frank, Gerard, and Mikey to the Way’s house and dropped them off.
Frank noticed I wasn’t getting out of the car when we got there and came over to the drivers’ side window.

“Are you staying for our practice?” he asked when I had rolled my window down.

“No,” I said. “I’m going to go buy something to wear for tomorrow.”

“Ok,” said Frank. He leaned through my window and kissed me. “See you tomorrow.”

“Bye,” I said, smiling. Frank headed into the Ways’ house as I drove off to the local clothing store. I forgot to mention that since my mom works so much, she gets paid a lot, making us almost rich. For some odd reason, my mom felt giving me a large allowance made up for all the time she was away from me.

I got to the store and looked through the clothes. I decided on a light pink strapless corset shirt, a short black skirt and a pair of black flats.

After paying for my new outfit, I headed home. My mom was on a business trip so I was home alone. I watched TV and ate something for dinner, before finally going to bed.

I woke up on Saturday at about noon.

“Ugh, 7 more hours,” I said to myself, referring to Gerard’s party tonight.

I went downstairs and ate something. Then to try and pass time, I worked on some homework and watched some more TV. Finally, after what seemed like years, it was 6, so I decided to start getting ready.

I went and took a shower then got into my outfit. I blow-dried my hair and curled it. Then I put on some mascara and eyeliner. When I was finished I looked at my clock. It said it was 6:55. I sighed and went down into the living room and sat on the couch, waiting for Frank to get there. A little bit later, Frank still hadn’t shown up. I looked at the clock. It was now 7:05. I turned the TV on to keep my mind off the fact that Frank hadn’t shown up yet. At 7:30 I decided to call Frank. Frank’s phone rang and rang but no one answered. After waiting a while longer, I went and got into my own car to go to Gerard’s party.

When I got there, it was just like the Halloween/Birthday party had been. I went to the door and let myself in. I was angry now that Frank hadn’t picked me up. I wandered through the downstairs area, looking for Frank, but not finding him anywhere. I saw Gerard, getting a drink in the kitchen and went over there.

“Gerard!” I yelled over the music. He turned around and looked at me.

“Nice outfit!” he yelled back, looking me up and down.

“Thanks!” I yelled back. “Have you seen Frank?”

Gerard nodded.

“I think he went upstairs just a little bit ago!” he said.

“Thanks!” I said. I turned and went to the stairs and walked up them. I went to one of the doors and opened it. I looked in to find two people in just their underwear, making out furiously and preparing to do other things.

“Oops, sorry,” I said, blushing. I started to close the door but stopped. The two people had stopped making out to look at me, and I looked at the guy. “Frank!”

“Claire,” said Frank. I stared at Frank in disbelief and anger. He had been making out with someone who very obviously wasn’t me. Frank started coming towards me. “I’m so sor-..”

“Fuck you,” I said angrily before he could finish. I slammed the door and ran down the stairs and straight into someone.

“Sorry,” I muttered. I had started to cry and wanted to get out of there as fast as possible. I started to go around the person, but they wouldn’t get out of my way. I looked up and saw it was Gerard with a concerned look on his face. He grabbed me by the hand and led me to the basement and locked the door behind him. He led me to the couch and sat me down on it. He sat next to me. I was crying harder now.

“Claire, what happened?” Gerard said, quietly. The music wasn’t so loud in the basement so we didn’t have to yell.

“Frank,” I said between sobs. “He was in one of the upstairs room with some girl.”

I let out a loud sob and Gerard hugged me. I cried into his shoulder as he stroked my hair and back. He started to sing something softly and soon I drifted off to sleep.