Hopeless Hearts

Broken Hearts

I stood in front of Frank’s front door the next day, preparing myself to tell Frank I was pregnant. When I felt ready, I knocked on the door. After a minute the door opened.

“Claire!” said Frank, opening the door more and letting me in. “What are you doing here? Aren’t you sick?”

“No,” I said. “I went to the doctor’s yesterday.”

“Oh,” said Frank.

“But, I have something to tell you,” I said, feeling myself starting to get nervous.

“Ok. What is it?” he said.

“You should probably sit down,” When I said this he got a worried look on his face.

“Ok,” he said. Frank turned and headed to his living room and sat down on the couch. I didn’t sit down and remained standing.

“Ok,” I said, “Frank, the reason I’ve been getting sick these past few days is because…well, because I’m pregnant.”

Frank just stared at me. He didn’t smile. He just sat there staring at me and showing no sign of how he felt.

“Frank? Did you hear me?” I asked.

He nodded slightly, but seemed slightly distant and distracted now.

“Is it mine?” he asked, finally speaking.

“Well, yeah,” I said. “You’re the only person I’ve had sex with.”

He glared at me.

“I don’t believe you,” he said. “You slept with Gerard didn’t you?”

“No, I d--” I started but Frank interrupted me.

“When Gerard and I visited you the other day you two barely said anything to each other. I thought you two were acting weird,” he said, looking at me with disgust. I couldn’t believe he was actually saying this.

“Frank! You’re being ridiculous!” I said, raising my voice. “I didn’t sleep with Gerard!”

“You know, you are so full of lies,” he said, sounding angry. “I should have known you were a cheating slut. Get out of my house! I never want to see you again.”

“Frank,” I whispered, tears coming to my eyes. “You don’t mean that.”

Frank said nothing. He wasn’t looking at me anymore. I just stood staring at him and crying.

“Bye Frank,” I said quietly. I turned and headed for the front door crying harder now.

I opened the door and saw Gerard getting ready to knock. He looked at me for a second before noticing that I was crying.

“Claire?” he said, grabbing hold of my shoulders and looking worriedly at my face. “What’s wrong?”

“Let me go,” I whispered/mumbled, crying harder.

“What?” he said, not hearing what I said.

“I said ‘Let me go’,” I said.

“Tell me what’s wrong first,” he said.

I shook my head and pushed Gerard, causing his hands to lose their grip on my shoulders.

“Just leave me alone!” I yelled. I ran to my car and went home.

I went back to school the next day. I avoided Frank, Gerard, and the rest of the guys. I ate lunch in the cafeteria by myself. I didn’t care. Frank had hurt me and that was worse than being by myself at lunch. But I had to be strong so that the baby would be healthy. For now, all that mattered to me was making sure that this baby was born healthy and that it has a good life.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end. I'll start posting the sequel.
~Sally