Hopeless Hearts

Chauffeur

After lunch, I headed back into the school and went to the rest of my classes. Finally, after impatiently waiting, the first day of school was over.

I went to my locker and placed my new textbooks in there and grabbed my jacket, quickly slipping it on. I closed my locker and jumped.

“Holy shit, Gerard!” I exclaimed. When I closed my locker I was very surprised to find Gerard, Mikey, and Frank standing right next to me. Gerard and Mikey laughed and I thought I saw Frank smirk slightly. “You guys scared me so bad. What do you want?”

“Do you have a car?” Gerard asked.

“Yes,” I said. “Why?”

“Because we need a ride to my house,” said Gerard.

“Fine, I’ll give you guys a ride,” I said, reluctantly.

“Yay!” cried Gerard, running towards the doors to the parking lot. “I call shotgun!”

Mikey walked in the direction Gerard had gone, then I followed Mikey, and Frank walked a little ways behind me. When we got the parking lot Gerard was bouncing up and down, waiting for me to show him where my car was. I walked up to a black car near me and unlocked it.

“Here’s my car,” I said, as Gerard quickly got into the passenger seat. Frank and Mikey got
into the back as I got into the driver’s seat. I turned on the car, and immediately Gerard turned the radio on, putting it on a station he must like. “So, I need directions.”

As we drove through the town Gerard gave me directions, and before I knew it we were at Gerard and Mikey’s house.

“Hey! I forgot to mention, me and the guys kind of had a band,” said Gerard. I nodded and he asked, “We’re going to practice in a little bit, so do you want to stay and watch?”

“I can’t,” I said. “I’d love to but my mom wanted me to come home right after school.

“That’s ok,” said Gerard. “We’ll be practicing tomorrow too, so you can come tomorrow.”

“Ok,” I said. They all got out of the car. Mikey and Gerard thanked me for the ride, but Frank just headed towards the house, smoking a cigarette he had just lit. I stared after him before driving back to my house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Boring, boring, boring. Feedback?
~Sally