Hopeless Hearts

Let's Party!

I was sitting in my car outside of Gerard and Mikey’s house, trying to work up the courage to go inside and be seen in my new outfit. It wasn’t that I thought I looked bad in it, I was just nervous about other people seeing me in it. Finally, after sitting in my car for a few minutes, I finally got up and walked to the door. The music playing in the house was very loud. I could hear it while I had been sitting in my car.

I knocked on the door so that someone could hopefully hear me. I stood there for a few seconds thinking no one had heard me and was going to let myself in, when suddenly the door swung open. I looked into the person’s eyes, and then the person’s eyes broke my gaze and traveled down my body, looking at my new dress.

“Hi Frank,” I said, blushing slightly because of how Frank had been looking at me.

“Hi,” said Frank. He stepped back a little bit so I could go inside the house.

“Happy birthday,” I said. “And Happy Halloween.”

“Yeah, thanks,” he said.

“Um, sorry,” I said. “I didn’t get you anything.”

“It’s ok,” he said, looking into my eyes again. “Don’t worry about it.”

He closed the door after I stepped inside and went off somewhere. I walked into the living room that was crowded with thrashing bodies dancing to the music. I looked around the room and saw Mikey sitting on the couch by himself. I went over and sat next to him.

“Hi Mikey!” I yelled, so that he could hear me over the music. He looked over at me slowly.

“Hey Claire!” he yelled back. “Nice dress! It looks good!”

“Thanks!” I yelled back. “Gerard helped me find it!”

Mikey just nodded and we sat there watching everyone else. After a few minutes Gerard came over.

“Claire! You look hot in that dress!” yelled Gerard. He held his hand out to me. “Come on! We’ll go get you something to drink!”

I took his hand and he pulled me off the couch. We went to his kitchen and he filled a plastic cup with something and handed it to me.

“Drink up!” he said, smiling. “I’m going to go put a slower song on.”

Gerard walked off, leaving me in the kitchen. I started sipping the drink Gerard had given me even though I didn’t know what it was. After a minute, just like Gerard said, a slow song started playing and everyone paired up and was dancing together. I watched all of them before realizing someone was standing next to me. I turned to see who it was and saw it was Frank. He was looking at me.

“Do you want to dance?” he asked. I nodded and set my drink down as Frank grabbed my hand and led me into the living room. He pulled me close and we started to dance. His gaze met mine and I couldn’t look away because there really wasn’t really anywhere else I could look. His hands tightened around my waist and he pulled me slightly closer. After a few minutes, the song came to an end, but before I could pull away from Frank’s grip, he leaned forward and kissed me lightly on the lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy ; )
~Sally