Hopeless Hearts

Sleepover

“I’m sorry,” said Frank. He turned around and walked off quickly before I could say anything. Even if he hadn’t left I probably wouldn’t have know what to say.

I looked off in the direction Frank had gone and seen he had disappeared in the crowd. I brought my fingers to my lips; Frank’s kiss still lingering. I could still feel it. I was surprised when it happened. It happened so fast I was now craving more. But I didn’t know if that would ever happen again. I stumbled over to the kitchen, and saw Gerard sitting at the kitchen table.

“Claire! Where’d your drink go!?” exclaimed Gerard. He was obviously drunk. I sat next to him at the table and I could smell the alcohol radiating off from him. He handed me another plastic cup with another unnamed beverage in it. I was sure it had alcohol in it, but I was too distracted by thoughts of Frank to care or notice. “I saw you and Frank dancing.”

“What?” I said realizing Gerard had said something and that I didn’t know what he had said.

“Nothing,” said Gerard looking at me. I finished the rest of my drink and I was feeling a little lightheaded.

“Gerard?” I said.

“What, sugar?” he said.

“Can crash here for the night? I don’t want to drive home after drinking whatever it was you gave me,” I said.

“Of course,” he said, “Let me show you where my room is. You can sleep in there.”

“Thanks, Gerard,” I said, standing up. Gerard stood up to and led me up the stairs of his house and to a door at the end of the upstairs hallway. He opened it to reveal a messy room, with drawings and sketches littering many of the surfaces of his room.

“You can sleep in my bed and you can borrow some clothes out of my dresser to sleep in,” he said.

“Thanks, Gerard,” I gave him a quick hug, before he left the room, closing the door behind him.

I quickly changed into one of Gerard’s shirts and a pair of boxers I hoped were clean. I got in Gerard’s bed and quickly fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Boring : P
~Sally