Status: needing readers!

Untitled Album

Memories That (Don't) Fade Like Photographs

"Come the fuck on!" I screeched, taking the battery out of my phone and replacing it. Turning it back on, it took me a while to understand and digest what I saw in the picture message. I placed my hand over my gaping mouth as the first of many tears that evening would bring, poured down my face. "Connor, Jace, Ander!" I called out.

Running in, Jace sobbed, "Did she send it to you too?" I nodded as Connor ran into one of the few hotel's we had resided in during the entirety of the tour. I gasped, "I can't believe this."

"I know babe, I know," I took her hand as Ander came into the room, red-eyed. "You can't kill him. Jade is going to need him even more now." I gave Ander a look, warning him to stay away. "Connor," I looked up at him. "I'm gonna talk to Ander outside, you take care of Jace." I let go of Jace and drug Ander outside.

"I can't believe it, Rue!" he fell into my outstretched arms as the door slammed shut behind us. "I just- how the- I. How did this happen Rue? I mean I know how it happened, obviously, but I just don't either. Rue, I can't do it, but I can't leave her either, I love her too much. What do I do?"

"I don't know 'lex," I used the old nickname, as I held the small teenager against my chest. "I don't know, but listen to your heart. It'll normally point you in the right direction. I know it's going to be hard, but you can't leave them behind."

"I don't plan on it," Ander replied. "I need to talk to Jade, and Jace."

"Understood," I wiped my eyes. "Can you send Connor out?" He nodded, "Thanks."

"I looked down and twisted my ring, running my finger over the single diamond, I heard the door open and shut. "Hey, babe, are you okay?" Connor questioned.

"I guess. I thought they were smarter than that," I leaned over the railing and stared at the image my phone displayed.

"Well, not all precautions work. They can handle it though, they have us, their families, and each other," he paused, to take a shaky breath. "They're strong, honey, just remember that. My parents were the same age with James, and yours were younger with Adrian."

"And look where both of those situations ended up," I huffed. "James is dead, Mom is dead, and Dad ran off and I haven't heard from him since." I was in tears by this point.

"Rue," Conner gaped at me, flabbergasted.

"Don't 'Rue' me! And it was all by their own selfish hands," I spat.

Connor's mouth hung open in shock. "What the? How dare you?"

"How dare I? How dare they!" I revolted. Turning I sped off down the stairs. I needed to think. I sat on the bottom step and held my head between my hands.

I rose as the steps behind me rattled. Connor glared at me, venom filling his red eyes, "No one blames that on him. Or calls him selfish!"

"Well, I just did," by now, tears were streaming down my face. Tears of anger, shock, fear, all blended into a million tiny teardrops.

"Why Rue?" Connor spurted. "What are you saying? You aren't in your right mind."

"I'm in just as right a mind as I ever am," I sneered.

"Rue, if you're gonna act like this than I can't- We can't," he took another shuddering breath. "I can't look anyone in the eye who can talk about my brother like that."

Jerking the ring off of my finger, I dropped it into his hand, "Than we're done." I stomped around the corner and found myself in front of ATL's door. Pounding my fist on the white wood, Jack was the one to answer. "Can I come in?" I looked over my shoulder, "I can't go back to my room."

"Sure," he scrunched his eyebrows as he let me through. "Something up?" He shut and locked the door.

"Kinda," I started, taking a deep breath and setting my face in a stone grin. "I just need to get things off of my mind."

"Hey Rue!" Flyzick grinned, beer in hand, as I entered the the stingy motel room. "What cha' need?" he asked taking in my tear streaked face.

"To have absolutely nothing on my mind," I smirked wiping the remnants of my tears, from my face.

"Which can mean only one thing," Jack chuckled opening the fridge and tossed everyone a new drink.

Popping the cap off of his beer, Alex smiled. Lifting his Coors into the air, he said the cheesiest thing, "Tonight, we drink!"
♠ ♠ ♠
and so it begins... guys, my writer's block has lifted and I'm just in an overall pleasent mood, so, I have two update's tonight. and by god please don't get pissed off at me for the next chapter...

remember that I love you guys, and that I always will. Now enjoy the pain...

sorry guys - Lizz </3