Red Bull and Skittles Do Not Mix

Dead End

"PETE! I AM NOT FLYING ALL THE WAY TO FUCKING AUSTRAILIA TO DO A FUCKING PHOTOSHOOT WITHOUT DELILAH!" Ryan yelled.

Delilah and Alex ran into the room and looked between Ryan and Pete
."It'll be a few days. Don't worry. You act like you're leaving her forever." Pete huffed.
"Aw. I can't go on Ryan's down under adventure?" Delilah pouted. Ryan half smiled and pulled her into his arms."I'm sorry, Babe. But the boss is the boss...Even if he's an asshole."
~~~~~~~~~
Alex went through pictures of her and her fish. She sighed and found it quite hard to concentrate when you have a very annoying Brendon asking 20 questions about one effing fish.
"His name is Squishy." Alex said sadly.
"Aw, do you miss him?" Brendon asked.
"Yeah," Alex sighed, "Alot. He is my Squishy."
"So who's feeding him when your away? Or playing fetch?"
"Delilah's mom."
"Oh. What if I bought you a new fishy?" Brendon asked.
Alex's eyes turned wide and her face went red."A NEW FISH! YOU THINK I WANT A NEW FUCKING FISH!?" Brendon cowered, "OH YEAH, BUY ME A NEW FISH AND I'LL FEEL HAPPY! WELL YOU KNOW WHAT? FUCK YOU BRENDON!" Alex rushed off and slammed the door.
Delilah walked in and looked down at Brendon."You asked to buy her a new fish, didn't you?" She asked.
 He nodded slowly, still in shock and scared, "Happened to me in fourth grade. Except she threw a book at me." Delilah smiled and skipped off.
THREE HOURS LATER.
Ryan sat on his bunk, bags packed and looking down in his journal. He sighed. Delilah sat on the couch watching a rerun of Spongebob. Alex was sitting happily next to Patrick, looking up at him and smiling dreamily. Delilah smiled at her and looked down at her shaking hands. Something didn't feel right. She got up and walked back to the bunks.Ryan, still sitting in the bunk, looked up at her, then back down.
"Ry?" She asked, "What's wrong?" She sat down next to him and put a hand on his shoulder.
"Delilah, I..." He trailed off, still staring down at his open journal. It was a poem, the letters to small and scribbled for Delilah to read.
"Ryan, anything that's wrong you can tell me. I may not be a shrink, but I love you." She said softly and took his hand. Ryan pulled his hand away and rubbed his forehead out of stress.
"I want to marry you, Delilah." Ryan said. Delilah's heart stopped. Blood rushed to her toes and her face went white.
"Wh-What?" She stuttered.
"I'm not proposing to you, Dear." He admitted. Delilah's heart shattered.
"Then, what do you mean?" She asked.
"I have to get out now." He said sofly.
"Get out? What does that mean, Ry?"
"It means..." Ryan thought about it then finally made eye contact, "I'll be going on tour again in Europe in the Fall. You'll be in your first year of college. Delilah, I can't be away from you knowing I have you. What if you meet some guy or I meet some girl? What then?"

"Ry," Delilah looked at him confused, "I don't know what your're trying to tell me."

"Delilah," He took both her hands in his, "I think this is it. I think we need to break up."

Delilah's mind spun.

"I mean, we won't see each other and I already want to marry you. What am I supposed to do? I can't have a wife and still keep my job, and I'm still not financially set to retire and the band needs me. Delilah, I can't do this. I'm sorry. We need to see other people."

"Ryan, is there someone else?" She asked, once she got her voice back.

"No," Ryan kiss her cheek, "No, sweetie, no. It's nothing like that. Nothing at all like that." He said in his smooth voice.

"Then what is it?" Delilah asked, her voice cracking through her tears.

"Honey, it's the fact that me and you will never really be together. You'll be miserable. We won't see each other, we'll be constantly texting and calling and I won't always be able to answer. We'll be opposites."

"So you break up because you want to marry me?" She asked.

"I know it sounds crazy, but when you really think about it, you know it's true that we can't always be together."

"Why can't I just always be with you, why can't I just go with you. I'm sure Alex will be going with Patrick."

"But I don't want you to drop out." Ryan said. Delilah took in a deep breath.

"You did." She fought back. He breathed out.

"That's not the point. The point is that you need to make something of yourself. You can't go on just touring with a bunch of guys. That's not a life you want."

"If it's with you, then it is."

"No. Delilah, I've already decided. After this tour I'm sending you home. I don't want you to be traveling so much."

"The end of the tour? We have two weeks and you break up with me now?"

"We need time to grow apart." Delilah looked down, wiped her tears away then looked back up.

"Why don't I leave now." She said. She go tup and grabbed her suitcase.

"Delilah, don't do this." Ryan said.

"No, this is what you want. I'm going to give you what you want." She cried. She threw everything in her bag, without folding. She went into the bathroom and packed all her stuff. Her straightener, her shampoo, her hair dye. She threw it in her bag and grapped her pillow.

"Delilah!" Ryan jumped up and grabbed her by her shoulders, "Don't do this. This isn't right. Stay here until the tour ends. You can't go home like this." He said.

"No! I'm not gonna sit around knowing you don't love me the way I love you! You say this isn't right? Saying you want to marry me then dump me in the same sentence. That's what's wrong, Ryan."

And with that, she didn't yell, she didn't hurt anyone...she simply walked out to the living room. Everyone turned their attention to her.Delilah. Standing there with her suitcase, her pillow, and tear-stained cheeks with Ryan standing behind her, the same look on his face.

"Del?" Alex asked."You were right about the fish. I think I should go check up on him." She said.

Silently, she walked out the bus, down to the corner, called a cab, and drove off.Alex wanted to scream at Ryan, jumped up and ring his neck out like a towel. She wanted to punch him in the face, but somewhere, deep deep down, she knew that Delilah wouldn't want that.

"Pat," She said." Patrick put a finger to her lips."Shh," He cooed, "Don't decide now. Sleep on it then you can leave in the morning if you want, or stay." He said. Alex nodded, wiped a tear, then went up to the bunks.

Everyone else followed, all giving Ryan dirty looks as they passed him. Ryan wiped his runny eyes, drank a glass of water, pulled his hair with his fists, then passed out on the couch.

~~~~

Delilah sat on the plane, about to take off. Her face looking down at the pictures of her and Ryan on her phone.Someone slid into the empty seat next to her.

"Hello." A man's cheery voice said. She wiped her eyes and looked up at him. His face looked familiar, cute. Blue eyes, short dirty blond hair. Tall and skinny, but not like Ryan, maybe a bit taller.

"Hi." She said.

"I'm sorry, but are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine. My boyfriend dumped me and told me he wanted to marry me in one sentence." She laughed, knowing how stupied she sound, "Sorry if this is really forward." She said.

"Don't worry about it. Alot wierder things happen to me in one day. You look familiar." He noted.

"You do too. I'm Delilah. So what happens to you on regular basis?"

"Well, I get fondled by teenage girls all day." He said.

"And what kind of job you have, exactly?" She asked.

"You see," He looked around jokingly, leaned in and smiled, "I'm sort of a rockstar."

"Oh and what's your name, Mr. Rockstar?"

"Adam Siska." He grinned.