"Revive Me With Just One Touch..."

"Boundless water in an eternity frame of mind and all that's lost is our time.."

To say Velair was on a blood thirsty rampage was putting it lightly.

"Velair,slow down!".

Her foot was practically going right through the gas pedal.Our bodies jolted forward when she hit the break,Joey finally pulled a ghost act as he flew through the windshield.

His figure reappeared beside me,"Jesus be kind!You can't be that mad at me babydoll".

She turned around to face us both in the backseat.You could sense the anger radiating off of her but instead of lashing out at us she simply sighed.

"I was with Mike,okay?He didn't know whether he was dead or not.Then I saw him laying on a hospital bed with a heart monitor beeping much too slow",her anger got the best of her,"If anything happens to him old man,you're gonna regret coming back to me.Satan hath no fury like mine!".

And suddenly we were jolted back as she tore up the pavement.
She really felt for Mike.The hope that she felt more for me because we had kissed was still there but I couldn't deny the pang of jealousy I felt.

"Velair?".

"What?",she mumbled.

"Where are we going?",her father exchanged glances with me.

I felt the car slow down,"I'm done playing this game.She wants me then fine that's exactly what she's going to get.She says she wants me dead but hurting the people I love makes her a coward.I'm done waiting for her to find me,I'm looking for her now".

"Baby,you can't do that".

She stole a glance at her father,"You said I would know what to do when i saw her.That day I was with Mike it hit me,she wants me alone.She wants to rid the world of me not make a spectacle of it."

I was really out of it with this conversation.

"Velair,you're commiting suicide!",the words themselves burned my throat.

Again the car skidded to a halt.

In a flash I felt her soft hands caressing the sides of my face.I looked into her eyes,they were filled with such strong determination that I knew I'd lost my argument before she even had the chance to speak.

"I'd rather die this way than be tortured and have you all watch helplessly",her lips brushed my cheek,"Remember me as I was".

I watched her turn off the car and step out,her father at her heels.She leaned over the open window.

"Drive back to them Tony",her eyes drifted across the road to the pastel blue house before returning to me,"Tell Jaime to take good care of Jalen or I'll have God strike him down".

She offered a smile which I didn't return.She couldn't be serious about doing this but the more I looked into her eyes the more I knew I couldn't stop her.Joey caught my stare confirming my thoughts true.Hell he knew her better than I ever could.

I climbed over the seats and gripped the steering wheel,"Velair I-".

Her hand silenced me,she smiled down at me,"Go Tony.I'll be okay".

She was trying to convince me but I knew she was also trying to convince herself.I watched her step away from me and turned the key on the ignition.

I couldn't look at her as my foot toyed with the gas pedal.Could I really let her go?

I'll be with her every step of the way.

I only nodded at Joey's attempt to calm my nerves.

"Remember me as I was",Velair repeated.

I allowed myself one last glance at her,"There's just no other way".

Jalen

The pain killers were starting to wear off and glimpses of the night before were returning to me.Velair's mom,Jasper,some yelling and then of course a sickening crack.
I looked down at my hand and my blood began to boil.

"Bitch..".Originally my hand had only been broken at the wrist,now I had a cast going up my arm and stopping just below my elbow.

"Jalen",I looked up to see Jaime standing at the door.

I really wanted to be alone,I wanted to fall asleep and dream about my best friend.I wasn't afraid,I was nowhere near that but right now I really didn't want to be in contact with a human being.

"Hi."

I finally understood Velair.I understood why she would spend endless hours in her room looking through photographs.Photographs can't hurt you and even a papercut is nothing compared to a broken heart.

Jaime didn't catch the hint of 'leave me the fuck alone!' in my voice for he pulled up a chair to sit at my side."How you feeling?".

I glared at the floor,"I don't want to be here".

He laughed before he was cut short.I'm sure the movement wasn't helping out his broken ribs."I'm pretty sure none of us do".

"No,Jaime you don't understand.I don't wantto be here I want to be with Velair.I want to find her and make sure she's okay and then I want to hurt her because she shouldn't have left me in the first place!".

His hand found mine,"I can't tell you why she left or why she had too but I know she loves you and leaving you broke her heart".

My eyes were already burning,"How do you know?".

He smiled,"I was half-asleep when she came into your room the night she left.I heard her say that and a lot more".

"Like what?".

He brought my hand up to his lips,"She said I would make you real happy one day".

I smiled,"Maybe".

Jaime stood up from his seat and leaned in to me,our lips were just about to touch when Leila limped into the room.Her boot kicking the door into the wall.

"Mike's awake!".

In an instant we were all crowded around Mike's bed.His mom and dad at his sides,her mother was bawling her eyes out in sheer joy.
I didn't blame her.Her son was this close to being lost.

"How you feeling?",Vic asked.

He sent us a lopsided smiled,"Real good!I feel like going to Disneyland".

We all laughed.

"Well looks like someone got some much needed beauty sleep",Jaime joked.

Mike mock glared at him,"Sorry I can't be blessed like Jalen".

My cheeks burned.I felt eyes on me and looked up only to catch Mike's stare.

He smiled,"Velair's okay."

Leila gasped at my side,"You saw her?".

Mike's smile turned cocky,"She kissed me".

Everyonewith the exception of myself laughed at him.

Vic punched his brothers shoulder,"You really were gone!".

Mike pouted and all the guys began arguing about whether it was true or not.
With my experience in mental stability I didn't doubt Mike for a second.
If people could travel into Velair's head I was almost positive she could travel into other peoples heads.

Maybe if I tried it,well maybe she'd be able to hear me.
I managed to slip out of the room undetected,I ran back to my own room and plopped down on the bed.
I pulled the covers over my face and tried hard to contact my best friend.

Velair!Velair can you hear me?

Velair...oh Velair...Lari!


It must have been eternity before I heard any sort of reply.I was actually starting to fall asleep.

Velair! Please.Answer me!

LARI!!!!!

Shut up!You know I hate it when you call me that.

Velair?!

Hey..
♠ ♠ ♠
Thing 1:I start school tomorrow..grr >.<
Thing 2:I'm probably going to be late with updates:o
Thing 3:Check out my other story..You'll love what you don't see..
it's on hiatus but it'll be active again soon:)
hope you guys liked this chapter!It was written at 1:00am x)
I expect some commenst!